Riots in London

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
This is what you said: "Most of the guys are pretty white English guys." Except the evidence shows overwhelmingly that these are predominantly underclass blacks with some whites (mostly from the same background) mixed in. The girl in your link and the white dude in your other post don't nullify the overriding pattern.

It has everything to do with this case.
The simple point I had was that the protests are not limited to a race or to a social class, which has been quite evident by a) geographic distribution of the riots b) pictures from rioters c) articles about people that riot.

but anyway

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/london_riots_update/bp10.jpg
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/london_riots_update/bp16.jpg
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/london_riots_update/bp18.jpg

here you have a couple more underpriviliged black guys :D

Why are there so few Asians, if any, among the rioters?...Are there no poor Asians in England?...There are no working class Pakistanis in that country?...Or could it just be that the cultural factors I pointed out are the main culprit.
Define Asian..

That guy on the right looks like a Filipino to me

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/london_riots_update/bp19.jpg

That kid is not from Pakistan either..

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/london_riots_update/bp21.jpg

It's not "protesting" that is the issue. It's what's being done in the name of it. People (poor or not) who understand the concept of work and civil conduct don't protest by robbing innocent bystanders and looting other people's businesses -- they protest against entities that actually have something to do with their perceived plight. Normal people don't protest by stealing TVs or burning down some poor schmuck's store while giggling like retards. Criminals do. And when the majority are from a certain background, it points to a cultural issue.[/quote]

You mean the issue of being a white middle class hipster?

No aziz. The problem is, you too often approach issues based on what you like and dislike rather than what’s true or false. You think you have an affinity for blacks and underclass culture in general, so naturally any criticism that includes them in any way, no matter how fact-based, sends you into panic mode.
Na azizam, the problem is that you are rooting this down to social class and race which in the end is unfortunately rubbish. Further, if any culture has a history of stupid vandalism, from hooliganism to whatever else, it's the English.

First you disagreed with me by saying some of the things I had already said, then told me not to talk about it because “it’s boring”, then it was “hickerydickerydock” and now it’s “nihilism”. TBH, you pretty much lost credibility when you insisted most rioters were white even when evidence clearly showed otherwise. That right there told me you’re not willing to deal with the facts. And that makes this another case where arguing with you is a waste of time.

My last post pretty much covered everything I have to say on the topic. I'm not going to go in circles where each side just keeps repeating themselves. It's summertime and there are much more fun things to do. Good night all.:)
But unfortunately IT IS BORING when you bring up the same stuff any (rightwing) pundit is bringing up, and bringing this back to racial and social culture, while the evidence speaks to the contrary and you have enough pictures too of white kids looting, who seem to me rather middle class than anything else. Here's my major point though: You're sitting away from this over 3000 miles and talking about it as if this was happening in your neighborhood or in your own country, while you, from what I got so far in your posts, haven't even really been to London. I'm just saying, sometimes one should be humble enough and say "it's my opinion" and "I believe that..but I'm no expert sociologist and don't live in England". Just a friendly reminder because I fall for the same trap, but at least I have been to London, have good friends there, been to Hackney, brixton, Shoreditch, islington, Ealing, Kensington and wherever else and know that all these places got nothing to do with each other.

:)

Wenger will win the Premier League this year and you'll regret your post.

In other related news , looks like Chelsea are doing their fair share to keep the rioters away from Tottenham's White Hart Lane.Yossi will surely scare them off.:)

Chelsea to offer Benayoun for Modric

http://www.espnstar.com/football/pr...m653907/Chelsea-to-offer-Benayoun-for-Modric/
The Tottenham match against Everton is called off due to the riots. There hasn't been any major riots since Tuesday night in all honesty. Cardiff have only witnessed three "minor" and "isolated" incidents including a failed attempt to break in to a JD Sports, a group of youths kicking a door down at a Chinese takeaway and kids throwing stones through an unused building. Nothing major as I said. We're all getting optimistic that the worst has gone but we just don't know!

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
The simple point I had was that the protests are not limited to a race or to a social class
No, your exact statement was that "Most of the guys are pretty white English guys." That's blatantly false, and quite different than what you're saying now which in itself is misleading as well. While there are some overlaps, the majority are from a specific socioeconomic background.

See? This is what I'm talking about when I say you're not reasonable. I said very few Asians are among the rioters, and you show me TWO people as a counterargument! Do you honestly not realize how silly this is?

Yes. I know there are a few Asians in there, and I also know there are some middle class whites as well. But that does not erase the fact that the rioters are predominantly from the underclass with blacks forming the majority. Nor does it erase the fact that Asians are largely absent. This is just common sense aziz. If you can't get it or are not willing to get it, I can't help you.

You mean the issue of being a white middle class hipster?
Yeah, cause that's exactly who the majority of these rioters are. A bunch of white middle class hipsters! baba to dige ki hasti.

You're sitting away from this over 3000 miles and talking about it as if this as happening in your neighborhood or in your own country, while you, from what I got so far in your posts, haven't even really been to London.
akhe marde momen, you argue up and down every single week on this site about every aspect of life in America while living in the suburbs of Vienna....and you're preaching to me about this??:) If you had to abide by this rule, your post count would be less than half of what it is now!

[FONT=&quot]What’s funny is you kept insisting these things can’t be boiled down to just a few factors, but you had no problem narrowing it all down to just “nihilism".

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]For the last time, the cultural issues I pointed out are absolutely true and so are their connections to the violence and poverty that are prevalent in those communities. You have not offered any argument to the contrary. What you’re doing here is what you normally do when people say something you don’t like – you just try to stop them from saying it whether you can refute their points or not. You used to do the same with religious discussions before you became secular, and still do it with topics about Obama or issues like this. It’s immature, annoying, and a complete waste of everyone’s time including your own.

Now this is my last reply to you in this thread as there is not much else to say without repeating myself. You can have the last word. Knock yourself out.
[/FONT]

Feb 22, 2005
That's understandable language when leaders need to look tough, but elsewhere, questions are being asked about the underlying social and economic factors that could have prompted this unrest. Opposition politicians were quick to make connections between the social unrest and government policy. In an interview with BBC, Harriet Harman, deputy leader of the Labour Party, suggested recent cuts to government spending on higher education could have been a motivating factor in the violence. Johnson's left-leaning predecessor, Ken "Red" Livingstone, talked about a bleak world for many of London's poorest youths, "This is the first generation since the Great Depression that have doubts about their future," he said in an interview.
This is a problem that we face everywhere. The conservatives, who are usually well to do, always see cutting budget as the correct way to go. But they are not authentic, have no integrity and come out to be liars in majority. Conservatives always see cutting education money as the answer to budget issues. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and th article that Natural posted shows that the conservatives have done the same in England that could have been the cause of the problems.

The education money is usually what helps the poor to get out of poverty. But of course conservatives are always in interested in cutting it as they are class happy. They have no problem cutting taxes so they can put more money into their own pockets. Or put more money into defense or industries where they invest.

Despite what garbage tea party and a good percentage of greedy or brainwash republicans say, government is needed. They are the only protection against these reef raafs. Government is suppose to the people. It is suppose to protect right of everyone and give the competitive of the country regardless of race, color, or financial situation opportunity to fairly compete and make it to the top. But unfortunately, the government has been hijacked by the wealthy which only protects them.

It is not the poor that needs protection for war. It is the greedy and the rich that have pissed others off that need protection of the military and the high percentage of budget that goes to it.

The conservatives can go blame others while the wall around them collapses but to the average person on the street, who feels opportunity has been taken away, and all the money flows to a small percentage on the top, protests are the only way to take back and make sure they have opportunity to things such as education.

This is what creates a platform for even a garbage hezbolahi and Ahmadnejad to take advantage of. A government is of people, who should be blind to wealth and class system. These protests are the beginning and you will see it everywhere in the next years to come. And they have no one to blame by themselves, these wealthy who control the governments and see their economy go down. Stupid, it is all about industries, education, research that saw America, England and others do well, and not about just protecting right of few percentage of population to have the money, who go investing it in upcoming countries like India, China, Brazil, Russia, Australia, and South Africa, and not back into their countries.

IranZamin, has been explaining it well and putting the blame on the right place.

Last edited:

raminio05

National Team Player
I really don't see why this has to be a black and white (no pun inteded) issue. Yes there are social aspects behind these happenings, and i'm sure that culture and economic problems have something to do with it too. I just feel like at this point, it's not really one thing anymore, if it ever was to begin with. Now it just seems like a hodgpodge of criminals, activist, protestors, blacks, whites, all being lumped into one big group and catagorized together. Even among the looters there are probably just as many differences as there are similarities. You have you're troubled youth who finally see this as a way to get back at the cops (i've seen at least a few interviews now where some of these kids talk about letting the cops know that they have the upper hand for once). Then there are those who are using this as a opportunity to be the shady characters that they have always been, and as Mehdi pointed out, this included middle class white kids too. Then there are the students who are trying to protest against the University cost raises. I don't think that this whole thing is classifiable into one or two things and I don't think that there is as simple an explanation for it as most people are trying to make it seem.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
The Tottenham match against Everton is called off due to the riots. There hasn't been any major riots since Tuesday night in all honesty. Cardiff have only witnessed three "minor" and "isolated" incidents including a failed attempt to break in to a JD Sports, a group of youths kicking a door down at a Chinese takeaway and kids throwing stones through an unused building. Nothing major as I said. We're all getting optimistic that the worst has gone but we just don't know!
To be fair, I was in Cardiff once for a week and I can't remember seeing anything worth stealing! I think the most upmarket store is Primark! :p

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
To be fair, I was in Cardiff once for a week and I can't remember seeing anything worth stealing! I think the most upmarket store is Primark! :p
You should pay a visit to the countryside.there are some precious beauties in there.:)

It must have been love at first sight.

Welshman buys Sheep for €108,000

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0809/sheep.html

A sheep has sold by a Laois man for a record €108,000 in Scotland.

The animal belonging to Dan Tynan, of Ardlea in Co Laois, was sold at the Northern Area Branch sale held at Stirling Agricultural Centre.

The Suffolk ram broke the breed record price of almost €90,000, which was set in 1998.

The lamb, yet to be named, was born in January by Cairness Liam out of a ewe by Cairness Goldust.

The new owner, Merfyr Evans of Llanrhaedr in Denbigh said he spotted the lamb during a day trip to Ireland a few weeks ago.

As soon as he saw it, Mr Evans said, he knew it was something special and would do some good for his flock.

His wife, Ms Sue Evans, said her husband's purchase was a bit of a shock, but she understands it is an investment for the long term.

A top quality ram can sire over 1,000 lambs and earn over €1m.

A top quality ram can sire over 1,000 lambs
Khoda ghovvat.:)

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
akhe marde momen, you argue up and down every single week on this site about every aspect of life in America while living in the suburbs of Vienna....and you're preaching to me about this??:) If you had to abide by this rule, your post count would be less than half of what it is now!

[FONT=&quot]What’s funny is you kept insisting these things can’t be boiled down to just a few factors, but you had no problem narrowing it all down to just “nihilism".

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]For the last time, the cultural issues I pointed out are absolutely true and so are their connections to the violence and poverty that are prevalent in those communities. You have not offered any argument to the contrary. What you’re doing here is what you normally do when people say something you don’t like – you just try to stop them from saying it whether you can refute their points or not. You used to do the same with religious discussions before you became secular, and still do it with topics about Obama or issues like this. It’s immature, annoying, and a complete waste of everyone’s time including your own.

Now this is my last reply to you in this thread as there is not much else to say without repeating myself. You can have the last word. Knock yourself out.
[/FONT]
Here's the thing though...at least I have been to the US, at least I can point Brooklyn on a map, at least I know which people live in what area of Los Angeles, at least I know the DMV area, at least, unlike you talking about London while you have never been there, I know a little bit about the geography and social structure of the places I talk about. You talk about London without having the slightest clue what a Shoreditch is without having to google that up and who exactly lives in that area(to give you a hint, Shoreditch is somewhere between the London version of Williamsburg and Bushwick, which means a good mixture of blacks, carribeans, asians, turks and white hipster/artschool kids). Now Shoreditch, as that beautiful map points, is the hotbed of the riots.

And if you don't take the joke about "nihilism" it's not my fault, it's yours.

I really don't see why this has to be a black and white (no pun inteded) issue. Yes there are social aspects behind these happenings, and i'm sure that culture and economic problems have something to do with it too. I just feel like at this point, it's not really one thing anymore, if it ever was to begin with. Now it just seems like a hodgpodge of criminals, activist, protestors, blacks, whites, all being lumped into one big group and catagorized together. Even among the looters there are probably just as many differences as there are similarities. You have you're troubled youth who finally see this as a way to get back at the cops (i've seen at least a few interviews now where some of these kids talk about letting the cops know that they have the upper hand for once). Then there are those who are using this as a opportunity to be the shady characters that they have always been, and as Mehdi pointed out, this included middle class white kids too. Then there are the students who are trying to protest against the University cost raises. I don't think that this whole thing is classifiable into one or two things and I don't think that there is as simple an explanation for it as most people are trying to make it seem.
Thank you...that's the whole point. Of course, others like to ride around whether I wrote most instead of many without trying to give a damn about the major fact, that the protests are not limited to social class, race or whatever else.

Last edited:

raminio05

National Team Player
Mahdi jaan, just to clarify I never said that the protests, riots, and looting don't have a thing to do with social class or social upbringing etc. I definitely do believe that those things play a role for some of the people that are out there. What im trying to say is that there are a variety of things at play here, and that as these riots and protests take place day after day, the variables are only going to increase. It could have started as one thing, changed and branched off onto others, and will possibly change and branch off even further. This is by no means an open and shut case. Not what triggered it, nor what's keeping it going.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Mahdi jaan, just to clarify I never said that the protests, riots, and looting don't have a thing to do with social class or social upbringing etc. I definitely do believe that those things play a role for some of the people that are out there. What im trying to say is that there are a variety of things at play here, and that as these riots and protests take place day after day, the variables are only going to increase. It could have started as one thing, changed and branched off onto others, and will possibly change and branch off even further. This is by no means an open and shut case. Not what triggered it, nor what's keeping it going.
well, no arguments. It's not a rebellion started by white middle class hipster kids. It started as something, a small protest against the death of a not so innocent guy(I understand a police officer losing control and shooting a guy with a gun..), it was seen by many as an opportunity to add 5 different protests to it and at some point, as usual, 10 kids decided to use the protests and the lack of control as a way to loot and riot. They appeared to be from the rather poor class of people. But at some point it went bezerk and it wasn't limited anymore to one class or one race or one ethnicity and you can't pin down the motivation for people to riot or loot on their social class or race. Black guys riot...great..there are also black guys who don't. Pakistani's riot...and they don't. White guys riot, white guys don't riot. As said, Hackney/Shoreditch is a good example. It's a microcosm of London. There you have the majority of riots taking place and you can't pin that down to a social class, race, ethnicity or whatever else. It's not that any ethnicity in London is NOT involved in those riots and it needed something to ignite a fire. Whatever color their faces have depends largely on the ethnic diversity of whatever area the pictures taken has.

I'm not comparing these riots with the protests in Tunisia and Egypt btw. or the protests in Spain, but if you take Tunisia, it took one guy to burn himself, to show of the prevailing mood and anger in society to lead to the whole protests. It's usually a small change in the equilibrium of society that lets things out. In this case it was the killing of a guy that led to the riots. Now police men kill people many times, even in London, and nothing happens. This time it ignited the burning.

To give a comparison..it's not like the LA riots that was mainly black. It's not even like the Paris riots where most involved were also blacks and maghrebien(funny enough to read posts on this very same forum linking the riots with Islam and Islamic teachings. Good to know the DOM regions are also Islamic). This one is different as there is enough evidence that it's not limited to one social class, race or whatever else. It's a general sense of disappointment and dissatisfaction with the British government, British politicians and the way British society is heading for over 3 years. Now whether that's justified or not, is another question, but it's a sentiment prevailing.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2004
فارس و کیهان (دو رسانه بغایت ارزشی) عکس درگیری مسابقات فوتبال در انگلیس را به عنوان "سرکوب تظاهرات مردم در انگلیس" منتشر کردند!

آفتاب : روزنامه کیهان و خبرگزاری فارس عکس های درگیری مسابقات فوتبال و یا درگیری های دیگر متعلق به سال های گذشته در انگلیس را به عنوان "سركوب گسترده تظاهرات مردم در انگليس" منتشر کردند.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
This documentary made by Rageh Omaar has some parallels to this issue. The parallels are of course part of the issue (leaving out today's economy and modern-day concepts).

[video=dailymotion;xb9ifj]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb9ifj_race-and-intelligence-3-7_school[/video]

[video=dailymotion;xb9ihh]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb9ihh_race-and-intelligence-4-7_school[/video]

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
فارس و کیهان (دو رسانه بغایت ارزشی) عکس درگیری مسابقات فوتبال در انگلیس را به عنوان "سرکوب تظاهرات مردم در انگلیس" منتشر کردند!

wow..photoshop e Islami ra bebin!!

and here is BBC's report on Farsnews' fake pics of London riots..they even fakely used G20 protest pics as "London riot" pics!

[video=youtube;-HJ-7TEpGxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HJ-7TEpGxY[/video]

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003

Big Brother isn't watching you

Dismissing rioters as mindless is futile rhetoric. However unacceptable the UK riots, we need to ask why they are happening

Young people in Birmingham during riots in the city centre. Photograph: Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images

I no longer live in London. I've been transplanted to Los Angeles by a combination of love and money; such good fortune and opportunity, in both cases, you might think disqualify me from commenting on matters in my homeland. Even the results of Britain's Got Ice-Factor may lay prettily glistening beyond my remit now that I am self-banished.
To be honest when I lived in England I didn't really care too much for the fabricated theatrics of reality TV. Except when I worked for Big Brother, then it was my job to slosh about in the amplified trivia of the housemates/inmates. Sometimes it was actually quite bloody interesting. Particularly the year that Nadia won. She was the Portuguese transsexual. Remember? No? Well, that's the nature of the medium; as it whizzes past the eyes it seems very relevant but the malady of reality TV stars is that their shelf life expires, like dog years, by the power of seven. To me it seems as if Nadia's triumph took place during the silver jubilee, we had a street party.
Early in that series there was an incident of excitement and high tension. The testosteronal, alpha figures of the house – a Scot called Jason and a Londoner called Victor – incited by the teasing conditions and a camp lad called Marco (wow, it's all coming back) kicked off in the house, smashed some crockery and a few doors. Police were called, tapes were edited and the carnival rolled on. When I was warned to be discreet on-air about the extent of the violence, I quoted a British first-world-war general who, reflecting on the inability of his returning troops to adapt to civilian life, said: "You cannot rouse the animal in man then expect it to be put aside at a moment's notice."
"Yeah, that's exactly the kind of thing we want you to say the opposite of," said the channel's representative.
This week's riots are sad and frightening and, if I have by virtue of my temporary displacement forgone the right to speak about the behaviour of my countrymen, then this is gonna be irksome. I mean even David Cameron came back from his holiday. Eventually. The Tuscan truffles lost their succulence when the breaking glass became too loud to ignore. Then dopey ol' Boris came cycling back into the London clutter with his spun gold hair and his spun shit logic as it became apparent that the holiday was over.
In fact, it isn't my absence from the territory of London that bothers me; it's my absence from the economic class that is being affected that itches in my gut because, as I looked at the online incident maps, the boroughs that were suffering all, for me, had some resonance. I've lived in Dalston, Hackney, Elephant, Camden and Bethnal Green. I grew up round Dagenham and Romford and, whilst I could never claim to be from the demographic most obviously affected, I feel guilty that I'm not there now.
I feel proud to be English, proud to be a Londoner (all right, an Essex boy), never more so than since being in exile, and I naturally began to wonder what would make young people destroy their communities.
I have spoken to mates in London and Manchester and they sound genuinely frightened and hopeless, and the details of their stories place this outbreak beyond the realms of any political idealism or rationalisation. But I can't, from my ivory tower in the Hollywood Hills, compete with the understandable yet futile rhetoric, describing the rioters as mindless. Nor do I want to dwell on the sadness of our beautiful cities being tarnished and people's shops and livelihoods, sometimes generations old, being immolated. The tragic and inevitable deaths ought to be left for eulogies and grieving. Tariq Jahan has spoken so eloquently from his position of painful proximity, with such compassion, that nearly all else is redundant.
The only question I can legitimately ask is: why is this happening? Mark Duggan's death has been badly handled but no one is contesting that is a reason for these conflagrations beyond the initial flash of activity in Tottenham. I've heard Theresa May and the Old Etonians whose hols have been curtailed (many would say they're the real victims) saying the behaviour is "unjustifiable" and "unacceptable". Wow! Thanks guys! What a wonderful use of the planet's fast-depleting oxygen resources. Now that's been dealt with can we move on to more taxing matters such as whether or not Jack The Ripper was a ladies' man. And what the hell do bears get up to in those woods?
However "unacceptable" and "unjustifiable" it might be, it has happened so we better accept it and, whilst we can't justify it, we should kick around a few neurons and work out why so many people feel utterly disconnected from the cities they live in.
Unless on the news tomorrow it's revealed that there's been a freaky "criminal creating" chemical leak in London and Manchester and Liverpool and Birmingham that's causing young people to spontaneously and simultaneously violate their environments – in which case we can park the ol' brainboxes, stop worrying and get on with the football season, but I suspect there hasn't – we have, as human beings, got a few things to consider together.
I should here admit that I have been arrested for criminal damage for my part in anti-capitalist protest earlier in this decade. I often attended protests and then, in my early 20s, and on drugs, I enjoyed it when the protests lost direction and became chaotic, hostile even. I was intrigued by the anarchist "Black bloc", hooded and masked, as, in retrospect, was their agenda, but was more viscerally affected by the football "casuals" who'd turn up because the veneer of the protest's idealistic objective gave them the perfect opportunity to wreck stuff and have a row with the Old Bill.
That was never my cup of tea though. For one thing, policemen are generally pretty good fighters and second, it registered that the accent they shouted at me with was closer to my own than that of some of those singing about the red flag making the wall of plastic shields between us seem thinner.
I found those protests exciting, yes, because I was young and a bit of a twerp but also, I suppose, because there was a void in me. A lack of direction, a sense that I was not invested in the dominant culture, that government existed not to look after the interests of the people it was elected to represent but the big businesses that they were in bed with.
I felt that, and I had a mum who loved me, a dad who told me that nothing was beyond my reach, an education, a grant from Essex council (to train as an actor of all things!!!) and several charities that gave me money for maintenance. I shudder to think how disenfranchised I would have felt if I had been deprived of that long list of privileges.
That state of deprivation though is, of course, the condition that many of those rioting endure as their unbending reality. No education, a weakened family unit, no money and no way of getting any. JD Sports is probably easier to desecrate if you can't afford what's in there and the few poorly paid jobs there are taken. Amidst the bleakness of this social landscape, squinting all the while in the glare of a culture that radiates ultraviolet consumerism and infrared celebrity. That daily, hourly, incessantly enforces the egregious, deceitful message that you are what you wear, what you drive, what you watch and what you watch it on, in livid, neon pixels. The only light in their lives comes from these luminous corporate messages. No wonder they have their fucking hoods up.
I remember Cameron saying "hug a hoodie" but I haven't seen him doing it. Why would he? Hoodies don't vote, they've realised it's pointless, that whoever gets elected will just be a different shade of the "we don't give a toss about you" party.
Politicians don't represent the interests of people who don't vote. They barely care about the people who do vote. They look after the corporations who get them elected. Cameron only spoke out against News International when it became evident to us, US, the people, not to him (like Rose West, "He must've known") that the newspapers Murdoch controlled were happy to desecrate the dead in the pursuit of another exploitative, distracting story.
Why am I surprised that these young people behave destructively, "mindlessly", motivated only by self-interest? How should we describe the actions of the city bankers who brought our economy to its knees in 2010? Altruistic? Mindful? Kind? But then again, they do wear suits, so they deserve to be bailed out, perhaps that's why not one of them has been imprisoned. And they got away with a lot more than a few fucking pairs of trainers.
These young people have no sense of community because they haven't been given one. They have no stake in society because Cameron's mentor Margaret Thatcher told us there's no such thing.
If we don't want our young people to tear apart our communities then don't let people in power tear apart the values that hold our communities together.
As you have by now surely noticed, I don't know enough about politics to ponder a solution and my hands are sticky with blood money from representing corporate interests through film, television and commercials, venerating, through my endorsements and celebrity, products and a lifestyle that contributes to the alienation of an increasingly dissatisfied underclass. But I know, as we all intuitively know, the solution is all around us and it isn't political, it is spiritual. Gandhi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world."
In this simple sentiment we can find hope, as we can in the efforts of those cleaning up the debris and ash in bonhomous, broom-wielding posses. If we want to live in a society where people feel included, we must include them, where they feel represented, we must represent them and where they feel love and compassion for their communities then we, the members of that community, must find love and compassion for them.
As we sweep away the mistakes made in the selfish, nocturnal darkness we must ensure that, amidst the broken glass and sadness, we don't sweep away the youth lost amongst the shards in the shadows cast by the new dawn.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005

As you have by now surely noticed, I don't know enough about politics to ponder a solution and my hands are sticky with blood money from representing corporate interests through film, television and commercials, venerating, through my endorsements and celebrity, products and a lifestyle that contributes to the alienation of an increasingly dissatisfied underclass. But I know, as we all intuitively know, the solution is all around us and it isn't political, it is spiritual. Gandhi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world."
In this simple sentiment we can find hope, as we can in the efforts of those cleaning up the debris and ash in bonhomous, broom-wielding posses. If we want to live in a society where people feel included, we must include them, where they feel represented, we must represent them and where they feel love and compassion for their communities then we, the members of that community, must find love and compassion for them.
As we sweep away the mistakes made in the selfish, nocturnal darkness we must ensure that, amidst the broken glass and sadness, we don't sweep away the youth lost amongst the shards in the shadows cast by the new dawn.
Nicely said

May 9, 2004
خنده داره
دو سال پیش این طرفداران رژیم بودند که پشت کمپیوتر می نشستند و از رسانه های غربی بخاطر فوتو شاپ کردن عکسهای تظاهرات
انتقاد می کردند
الان این رسانه های غربی هستند که از رژیم بخاطر فوتوشاپ کردن تظاهرات غربی انتقاد می کنند

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
I'm not sure if its a common feeling among ISPers, but I'm starting to develop a certain sense of pity for you.

I think your desperation is cute. Seriously. IT'S CUTE.

Makes me smile seeing you try so hard. :)

May 9, 2004
متشکرم عمو جان
این تنکس تو به صد هزار تنکس می ارزد
چون عمو را واقعا خوشحال کردی و احساس میکنم دیگه از جریانات گذشته ناراحت نیستی و عمو را مقصر نمی دانی