♔ Mr ♔ R E Z A ♔ P A H L A V I ♔ is ♔ my representative ♔

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
I find your comments here in contradiction with your previous comments regarding the late Shah. If he was as nefarious a dictator as you presented him before, why would people have “nostalgia of the past” and his reign? By your own admission, those must have been good times to create nostalgia, no?!!
Thanks for your comment and for your Civil tone. I appreciate that you try to be inclusive of opposing views. I believe if we want to move past IR in a fundamental way, tolerance of differing views is the most important step all of us can take.

As for the point above, there is no contradiction, and I thought it would be obvious. The Nostalgia for Pahlavis is simply due to the dark period that we're going through. In other words, the support for a possible return to Pahlavi rule shouldn't be taken as a credit to RP or his father/grandfather, but as a testament of how terrible things are now. That's why I wouldn't consider it true support, because a bar of being better than IR is indeed a very low bar.

At any rate, you clearly have a bias against the late Shah and his family, which is ok. There are many that share your sentiments, including I.R, MEK, other leftists, islamists, etc. That is fine and I think is ok to have all those varying opinions within the confines of a lawful secular society in a future free Iran. And that is the reason that I like Prince Reza, because he shares the secular values of a free society, and he doesn’t have a big ego and most times tries hard to moderate expectations, mainly of his own supporters.
Opposition to RP or Pahlavis is not limited to IR and MEK or leftists as you suggest; many democracy-seeking Iranians oppose a return to monarchy or RP as well. To label such opposition as MEK or IR is at best simplistic, and certainly not in line with the spirit of tolerance that I opened with above. Because I do believe you are to be a tolerant person, I'm gonna take that comment in jest :)

I do not have a bias against Pahlavis. I dislike quite a bit of what they did in the past. To say that I'm biased against them is like saying that you and I are biased against IR. Bias is dislike for no good reason. Much like we both dislike IR for valid reasons, I also dislike the Pahlavi's rule (particularly MRP) for reasons that I consider valid. You may disagree with me, but I consider those reasons legitimate. The main reason is that I see MRP, his actions, his arrogance, and his lack of statesmanship, the main reason we have had to go through the hell that is IR.

He has openly said many times that he doesn’t have any ambitions of power and personally I believe him. Regardless, he advocates for a secular governance based on referendum and elections which I also support. His message resonates with me because while most try to tear down others, he seems to extend his hand in friendship and cooperation.
I'm sorry but I don't buy this, and that is the main source of concern for me, for two reasons. First, he has taken every action he could to be a king. He's sworn as one. To say he doesn't want to be one just seems to be disingenuous. At best it can be taken as "I want to be the king, only if the people want me to be one". If that's the case he should just say that because at its worst, this scenario sounds eerily similar to 57.

Second, to say I don't want to be the king but if people insist I will oblige, even if honest is a dangerous attitude. Read Jacinda Ardern's resignation note. One should put oneself in the leadership position, particularly leadership of a country so entrenched in problems as Iran is, only and only if one's every bone and cell wants it and seeks it, not because people dump it on you. Compare it with Masih. When she talks you can see that will and passion in her words, that she is all in. She doesn't wait to be asked to lead, to be bestowed the leadership, she just does it. It doesn't mean you are power hungry or want to be the top. It means you can't help it but lead when there is a need. I don't see that in RP. [and before footy runs in and labels me as a Masih supporter, I don't think she is mature enough to lead a revolution, but she is fearless, instinctive, and effective, and in short an assest]

And of course, the elephant in the room is still there; two of them in fact. First, if RP's last name wasn't Pahlavi, would you and others be still supporting him? If you are honest with yourself, then the answer is a simple no. If the answer is in fact that he is in discussion because of his last name, then what's the point of discussing his merits, because that's not why he is being discussed.

Second, if he is in the discussion because of his father and grandfather and his last name, then exactly what type of constitutional monarchy does he want us to return to? His father/grandfather type? He never answers that, but I hope he knows and that you all know/acknowledge that that wasn't democratic, that there was absolutely zero political freedom and freedom of expression under his father's rule. Or do you disagree?

Ultimately, the one who is most genuine, most humble, and most truthful will naturally win the hearts and minds of the nation.
I wish it worked that way. But we know first-hand that it doesn't.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
18:30 says exactly what I picked up and presented to you.

And regardless she's still flying solo in this fight, FYI.
That's not what she said. She said that's her fear but there are many signs that opposition leaders are willing to join forces, and she even names RP and HE. It seems you only hear what you want to hear.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
That's not what she said. She said that's her fear but there are many signs that opposition leaders are willing to join forces, and she even names RP and HE. It seems you only hear what you want to hear.
Up to that minute is what I picked up. I don't necessarliy watch everything to the end because of the volume of videoes I sometimes watch. Sounds like at the end she's hopeful of some kind of union with her1% off bloomberg tally. That's great news.

IEI brought that to my attention. Thanks for your effort. Be happy you've been a good samaritan today.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
The question wasn't how he filled his days, but what achievement he has had, what has he accomplished for Iran? I suppose the answer is that he gave interviews and wrote a book.
He aint your candidate, OK we get that. Now what do you want us do for you? a Frame with the words 'he aint my candidate' would do ? Go support whoever you like , are we stopping you ? RP is good enough for many as matter of fact possibly majority too.

Does your guy or gal have a name? hatingpahlavi.com is up for grab. do it.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
^ regarding convincing you with RP's accomplishment in decades. I just heard from the HQ that we can do without your vote. Carry on per usual amigo.

a bit on the well-done or should say thick side, eh ?

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
He aint your candidate, OK we get that. Now what do you want us do for you? a Frame with the words 'he aint my candidate' would do ? Go support whoever you like , are we stopping you ? RP is good enough for many as matter of fact possibly majority too.

Does your guy or gal have a name? hatingpahlavi.com is up for grab. do it.
Triggered? Why? ;)

I asked a question, you posted what looked like an attempt at an answer. Sorry but that's how forums work. You post stuff, you get called on what you post. Yeah it's a tough world :eek:

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Triggered? Why? ;)

I asked a question, you posted what looked like an attempt at an answer. Sorry but that's how forums work. You post stuff, you get called on what you post. Yeah it's a tough world :eek:
Are you blind. I posted timestamps of Vahedi interview so you see why people gravitate toward RP. Eff ur question. Are you retarded?
Funny thing is your winnings amounts to convincing yourself publicly not vote for a particular candidate. Bask in joy, you're a "winner" .

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
@khodam and @footy, please don't communicate with each other.
Unfortunately, the passion for someone is running so high that we can't accept any opposite view.

At the end of the game, I hope we change the system not replacing one person with another.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
People act like they're buying a car and need to see performance history. you got one vote, act accordingly.

freaking move on, find someone and set your heart on it, stop bugging others. We've made our mind up like many others.

I am grateful RP has made it here today even if sitting at his houses couch for four decades like some make it look , ready and willing to do the work.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
People act like they're buying a car and need to see performance history. you got one vote, act accordingly.

freaking move on, find someone and set your heart on it, stop bugging others. We've made our mind up like many others.

I am grateful RP has made it here today even if sitting at his houses couch for four decades like some make it look , ready and willing to do the work.
I agree with your first sentence, however, the point of the forum (specially political one) is to challenge each other. It is the beauty of it. otherwise, this will become a twitter feed with no feedback. I understand your passion and wanting good for Iran, but please try to get engage even if someone doesn't agree with you.
Thank you.