Euro Cup 2020 but really 2021 MEGA thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@RaminS I don't speak Cyrillic - медвежонок с виноградным мармеладом. repeat in Transliteration but anyways what does the inscription say? Still to this day nobody knows truly if it crossed the line or not, lol Azeri Irooni Sovietsky ya that makes me confident he called it fairly. I was born in 82, 16 years after thsi game but I watched the clip over, and over again. I can't definitively tell if it crossed the line it went straight down and didn't cross.

@Finally ja i just learned abouthis fellow 1- i am Azeri-Irooni on that side not baku Azeri 2 Um maybe on the 🇷🇺 side 😆 um this guy to my knowledge,
is not related to me. Also, well after sleeping on it withojt Spinnazola spelling out, i say 2-1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

@oghabealborz that is some interesting history and @takbetak lil Geoff Hurst was greatful that is why he was there and German Azerbaijan football relations,
didn’t know any existed. Finally to my knowledge, he is not one of mine 😂

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
In an amazing twist of fate I've gotten my hands on a pair of tickets for the Final. I'm flying in tonight. See you all at Wembley! It will be my 16th appearance at Wembley, my 15th as a spectator.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Blimey! If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it!
Talk about getting caught by atmosphere 😳 !
They made a statue of him calling that ball a goal ...what a bunch of gloriless tossers!

LOOOL. But that is not the reason they made a statue of him.

He was a footballer playing for Neftci Baku till his injury ended his career. He then became a referee and then became General Secretary of Azerbaijan Football Federation after retiring from referee job.

After his death the Azerbaijan national stadium was re-named in his memory and later on a statue of him was erected there for his services to Azerbaijan football.

And get this : Geoff Hurst who scored that controversial goal was present at his statue ceremony in Baku. LOOOOL.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
LOOOL. But that is not the reason they made a statue of him.

He was a footballer playing for Neftci Baku till his injury ended his career. He then became a referee and then became General Secretary of Azerbaijan Football Federation after retiring from referee job.

After his death the Azerbaijan national stadium was re-named in his memory and later on a statue of him was erected there for his services to Azerbaijan football.

And get this : Geoff Hurst who scored that controversial goal was present at his statue ceremony in Baku. LOOOOL.
Well the way the statue is posing is exactly what he did after the ref consulted him about Hurst shot.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Well the way the statue is posing is exactly what he did after the ref consulted him about Hurst shot.
According to my sources ,Tofig Bahramof was very popular amongst Azaris for his significant impact on the development of Azarbaijan football at all levels while he was General Secretary of Azarbaijan Football Federation. He also coached Neftci Baku for a while before working for Azarbaijan Football Federation.

His statue ceremony was attended by many famous football figures including Geoff Hurst , Sepp Blatter , Michel Platini and guess who ? Tilkowski who was Germany's goalkeeper in World Cup 1966 Final. LOOOL.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
According to my sources ,Tofig Bahramof was very popular amongst Azaris for his significant impact on the development of Azarbaijan football at all levels while he was General Secretary of Azarbaijan Football Federation. He also coached Neftci Baku for a while before working for Azarbaijan Football Federation.

His statue ceremony was attended by many famous football figures including Geoff Hurst , Sepp Blatter , Michel Platini and guess who ? Tilkowski who was Germany's goalkeeper in World Cup 1966 Final. LOOOL.
Thanks for your efforts 🙂.
God bless his soul.
Tilkofswski is the first German keeper I know since 66 .
Although it was few years after that I saw clips of 66 world cup. I think the great Mayer was in the squad in 66 . I didn't find Tikofswski very convincing. Mayer was a great keeper though and start of a long stretch of great keepers one after the other .

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Thanks for your efforts 🙂.
God bless his soul.
Tilkofswski is the first German keeper I know since 66 .
Although it was few years after that I saw clips of 66 world cup. I think the great Mayer was in the squad in 66 . I didn't find Tikofswski very convincing. Mayer was a great keeper though and start of a long stretch of great keepers one after the other .
Sepp Maier was great. I remember that he came to Iran with German National team for a friendly many years ago. He was Germany's goalkeepeing coach at the time.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Sepp Maier was great. I remember that he came to Iran with German National team for a friendly many years ago. He was Germany's goalkeepeing coach at the time.
In his playing days he missed the trip to Iran with Bayern .this was about 73 or 74. They had just won the European or German cup and after a night celebrations and champagnes 🍾 flew to Tehran the day after to play two friendlies. They got thrashed 6_3 by Tehran select half drunk !

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
In his playing days he missed the trip to Iran with Bayern .this was about 73 or 74. They had just won the European or German cup and after a night celebrations and champagnes 🍾 flew to Tehran the day after to play two friendlies. They got thrashed 6_3 by Tehran select half drunk !
I found it. Sepp Maier visiting Iran in 2004 as goalkeeping coach of German national team.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-d...ier-greets-an-iranian-child-who-53836602.html

(dpa) - German goalkeeping coach Sepp Maier greets an Iranian child who is sitting in a wheelchair, at a soccer pitch in Tehran, Iran, 7 October 2004. The German soccer team will meet Iran's national squad in an international friendly on Saturday, 9 October 2004.
- Image ID: D3GD3P

• Download preview
  • Save to lightbox
  • Add to cart
(dpa) - German goalkeeping coach Sepp Maier greets an Iranian child who is sitting in a wheelchair, at a soccer pitch in Tehran, Iran, 7 October 2004. The German soccer team will meet Iran's national squad in an international friendly on Saturday, 9 October 2004.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Chip & Fish Robbers vs Pasta il Consiglieri di Frode.
Plague or Cholera, what do you choose?

Well, I say Pasta il Consiglieri di Frode 3 - 2 Chip & Fish Robbers

It, of course could have been a memorable event especially one of importance, however, with the benefit of hindsight this shit goes down to the history as a fight of botchers, even worse than a divine comedy. Also notable to see the mob-rule standing by and cheering over the dirt!

Dante's Inferno, The Eighth Circuit - "Counselors of Fraud", thats what it is!

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Italy vs England

Both sides have brought joy and excitement to their respective nations and many neutrals specially in these horrible pandemic times.well done to them. too bad there will be only one official winner tonight , but both sides are winners in my eyes as well as several other sides who played good footy in this tourney and entertained football fans all over the world.

Hoping for a thrilling final match and may the better side win the trophy tonight.