Googoosh Music Academy

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
dude you are so paranoid you need to get over it! The whole world is not out to get you or others! There are Iranians who are actually very rich in the world.
Paranoid?! Far from it.

Being rich has nothing to do with this TV station. You have to know the mentality that is required in order for a media outlet to materialize. A bit of reading and knowing the history of TV/Radio networks could help you understand where I'm coming from (and I'm not the only one here)

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I watched the program for the first time this year and I thought it was quiet entertaining. I don't believe any of the people deserved to win because none of them had the voice for such a competition. However I am sad in this day and age we as people still cannot accept other people for who they are and always have to make it political. I am NOT necessarily a fan of Googoosh but I think she is a true Artist , a legend and somebody who should be respected in our culture for her music and entertainment .. Manoto is very professional and I am glad at least we have one channel that you can watch... If it was to me I would have chosen the "ghayeb seda" as the true winner. The guy was simply amazing....

I think Manoto TV gives Iranians either what they really want or watch it just to annoy the government, although it will not surprise me if the government watches the channel with enthusiasm. Have any of you seen the Iranian version of Come Dine With Me? Seen a few clips of that, and am a big fan of the British version!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I think Manoto TV gives Iranians either what they really want or watch it just to annoy the government, although it will not surprise me if the government watches the channel with enthusiasm. Have any of you seen the Iranian version of Come Dine With Me? Seen a few clips of that, and am a big fan of the British version!
LOL. My wife watched the Canadian version some times. Where did you see the Iranian version?

May 12, 2007
Either you have no understanding of money, or you're trying to force me into an argument about Googoosh!Azizjan, do you know what it costs to run a TV station like Mano To? Do you know what a Ghanadi costs to operate in Ferdosi square?! Do you know how a concert is organized and how the money is distributed?Do you know what it means to say "She has more money than you can imagine"?! No one with a liquid capital of less than $50,000,000 could even attempt to run a TV station like Mano-To. Googoosh would be lucky to pay for her $1 million residence after all these years.
What are you suggesting? It is run by IRI? Israel? Maybe they have just rented the place.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
This station has either a state or NewsCorp behind it. I'm almost certain it's News Corp(Murdoch). They would never tell you though :)
I just don't see Rupert signing off on any venture that doesn't at least pay for itself unless he knows something that we don't know. His organization could be involved in designing the programming content but I doubt he would fund it. The programming does have very British broadcast quality though which isn't surprising. Their programming directors must be British.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I just don't see Rupert signing off on any venture that doesn't at least pay for itself unless he knows something that we don't know. His organization could be involved in designing the programming content but I doubt he would fund it. The programming does have very British broadcast quality though which isn't surprising. Their programming directors must be British.
Well they already claim that they're based in London.

News Corp doesn't have to make up the costs through advertising. If anything, I would suspect they would prefer to be paid for the implementation of someone else's social-engineering projects. They've done that before (who knows where the money for the ads really goes?).

Again, I'm not positive it's them behind this TV, but it's definitely something big. I only suspect them based on their past ventures.

Nov 29, 2002
Its Murdoch (60-70%), maybe with a bit of help of US or UK governments but I'm not sure

Isn't Farsi One 100% owned by Murdoch?

I think the advertisement probably pays enough for both these channels, no?

Mar 13, 2007
ok folks yes sorry i just caught up with this show! I had little interest and knew little if any about persian music, sorta like strangemouche and soccer. but i just came across this show and couldnt help but to watch 2 entire seasons of it!
The show simply gave me the greatest education about persian music i have ever had and made me appreciate and respect iranian music a lot more. I am a music guru and up until then couldnt understand iranian music and didnt know how people liked such corney, uncreative bubble gum stuff, not to mention artists who mostly didnt even write or produce the music and just sang about the same crap with bad unimaginative rythm over and over.

But then through the show i discovered and learned about iranian musicians and songs i never knew about like Anoushirvan Borhani (is he like persian liberacci/dean martin), Aslani, koroush yaghmaei, farhad (?), vegin (?) and etc. There are some serious songwriters there writting some seriously deep and intelligent material in various creative styles i could even compare to the best west has to offer.

But now i hear this show is fixed or is it just iranians going nuts with their conspiracy theories again? i know the girl with hejab won (and being not too big on religion myself i wasnt a big fan) but i didnt think it was a big deal or to dismiss the program because of it. I also wonder about producing this show cause this takes some serious programming and production job, who is paying for all this?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
But then through the show i discovered and learned about iranian musicians and songs i never knew about like Anoushirvan Borhani (is he like persian liberacci/dean martin),
It's Anoushirvan Rohani not Borhani and no he's a lot more than Liberacci or Dean Martin in terms of Musical talent/education. The guy is Iranian music's equivalent of Beethoven or Mozart (with much less fame). Their entire family are prolific musicians. Among all the classic musicians of Iran, Rohani is the only one who entered the 'pop/jazz' genre and that's the reason some people rate him lower than other musicians like Javad Ma'roofi or Majid Entezami. The truth is, what this man did was quite unique and revolutionary.

As for the singers you named, Faramarz Aslani and Farhad were both beyond the IQ levels of the ordinary Iranian artist. Their works are not for everybody, but there's no doubt that the level of intellect present in their work is not even comparable to the more mainstream/popular artists. I personally hate most of Aslani's works (except a few), but man the guy has a beautiful mind.

Good Iranian song writers are abundant because Farsi is the most powerful lyrical language in history, but some of the more famous ones are:

Iraj Jannati Ata'ei, Ardalan Sarfaraz, Homayoon Hoshyarnezhad, Shahyar Ghanbari, Leila Kasra (Hedieh)

And these names are among the most successful pop music writers (not singers):

Farid Zoland, Varoojan, Shamaeizadeh (also sings), Siavash Ghomeishi (also sings), Ahmad Pejman

If you're looking for artists who compose their own lyrics and music, you'll only compile a very short list.

The best one in my opinion is Mohsen Namjoo. The guy is quite a genius.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I watched a few episodes my family in SD was watching it they set it up like American Idol you have Googosh and her friends as the judges and the first round if you are good you advance and if you aren't you go home. Just like in American Idol, the most entertaining is the first round because of the bad singers everyone loves the bad singers.