Gotta love Canada!

You guys should just sell your condos and come to U.S via Green Card Through investment program.

for 500K buy big ass gas station (Traveler, love, one of those big Exxons)
run the damn thing for a year or two. then go back to your normal job.
Have thought about it. Though $500K doesn't get you anything decent in gas stations.

I once was offered a 60-room motel near Atlantic City for $700,000. The same motel would easily cost $5-6 million in a shitty area of Ontario. It was a very tempting offer, and I sometimes regret passing on it, but it would mean living in New Jersey (who wants to do that?!!).

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Check out Lousiana, Alabama, Arkansas one of these backwaters a 4 pump station should be on sale for about that price. but then again most likely it might be just the business and not the actual lot.

There is actually money in being rural areas at least in the south. places where nobody wants to be.

There is actually money in being rural areas at least in the south. places where nobody wants to be.
The US south has immense growth potential in the next 100-200 years but in the short-term I don't know. It's still surprisingly static. If the US accepted immigrants (rich ones) like Canada does, you'd see massive activity in the south. Right now though, them southern boys are busy dealing with the illegals!

BT: you gone crazy? who would leave Canada for US man??? the only way i would EVER leave Canada is if they offer me 500K + Salary :)
No it wouldn't take much for me to switch borders (either way). I've been to almost every corner of US and found it just as appealing as Canada. There are areas that I liked more than anything I've seen in Canada (certain spots in California, Arizona and Texas). Heck I even liked New Mexico!

The Canadian weather is a total deal-breaker for me. BC has the best weather in Canada and it fucking rains all year there.

Spend a couple of months in California, Oregon, Arizona and Texas and you'll know what I mean. You can't put a price on year-long moderate weather. Texas and Arizona get hot, but I didn't find it as crazy as some make it sound. After 20 years in the frozen north, it wouldn't make me run away.

There's also the business aspect of things. The US market is much more fluid with less red-tape than Canada. Health-care is an issue when you're older, but for younger people, the US is a more rewarding place.

Overall, I wouldn't mind a move to either Silicon Valley or somewhere between LA and San Diego at some point, but I don't like the direction California is going in.

One of the most beautiful and attractive places (for me) in US was El Paso Robles in California. Too bad it's quite far from almost everything!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Sometimes I'm intimidated by the thought of falling in love with BC! What if I like it so much?
then u fucking move here like i been asking for the fucking past fucking 15 years !!!! dude just come ONCE, i promise u, u didnt like it, never come back, i take u camping 3 days, the scenery and adventure will BLOW your mind. I promise u.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dada Behrooz,
Pasho Bia Austin. 70-80 F last week or so.

no guarantee that it wont get cold against though. but if it does barely gets to freezing.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Dada Behrooz,
Pasho Bia Austin. 70-80 F last week or so.
no guarantee that it wont get cold against though. but if it does barely gets to freezing.
We have absorbed up so much cold and snow this winter, just landing somewhere is enough to start a snow storm!

K*riest winter in a long time.
you be the judge BT.
This fucking wind chill rating is starting to piss me off. "Feels like -24"... "Feels like -30". Like you can even tell the difference between -24 and -30 wind chill. Below -15, Just say it "feels like shit" and get on with it!!! ;)

Oct 18, 2002
I travel to Canada a lot for work and I have to say it is a nice place. There is no questioning that. I also like BC more than other areas, but the chicks in Quebec are the best looking so far. I saw more lachaki and FOB Iranians in Toronto in one afternoon than all the years of living in DC. I must say it was a huge turn off. But I got to admit I would NEVER live in Canada because of that shit you guys call weather. Are you kidding me? The freaking place is a freezer almost all year with the exception of three or four months. I would work in McDonald's in Florida before I move to Canada just for the weather alone :) After all enjoying the outside is something that everyone deserves. I also have to admit that I am not a cold weather person. Don't like Skiing or any snow activities. So I am biased for sure. I also HATE DC area for the weather, and had it not been for jobs (and family being here) I would have moved a long time ago. But even DC has better weather than Canada and that is not a good thing to say.

Oct 1, 2004
Muhahahahaaahaha. I'm sorry my dear Ontario members, but for once in Canada you guys have the long neverending winter. I'm amazed we're actually warmer than Ontario this time of year.
There will probably be snow on Norooz by the way.

This fucking wind chill rating is starting to piss me off. "Feels like -24"... "Feels like -30". Like you can even tell the difference between -24 and -30 wind chill. Below -15, Just say it "feels like shit" and get on with it!!! ;)
I don't understand the point of reporting the 'actual' temperature. If it feels like -24 to humans then it's fucking -24 not -12. Are we serving an audience other than humans? And I agree that below -10 they should simply call it "SHIT"

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I travel to Canada a lot for work and I have to say it is a nice place. There is no questioning that. I also like BC more than other areas, but the chicks in Quebec are the best looking so far. I saw more lachaki and FOB Iranians in Toronto in one afternoon than all the years of living in DC. I must say it was a huge turn off. But I got to admit I would NEVER live in Canada because of that shit you guys call weather. Are you kidding me? The freaking place is a freezer almost all year with the exception of three or four months. I would work in McDonald's in Florida before I move to Canada just for the weather alone :) After all enjoying the outside is something that everyone deserves. I also have to admit that I am not a cold weather person. Don't like Skiing or any snow activities. So I am biased for sure. I also HATE DC area for the weather, and had it not been for jobs (and family being here) I would have moved a long time ago. But even DC has better weather than Canada and that is not a good thing to say.
common mistake :) dude BC is also part of Canada you do realize that right ? and you do know in a year we go below freezing about 7-10 days MAX. and you do know it HARDLY ever snows here (lots on the mountains but nothing in the city? so no , not all of Canada is freezing most of the time :)

common mistake :) dude BC is also part of Canada you do realize that right ? and you do know in a year we go below freezing about 7-10 days MAX. and you do know it HARDLY ever snows here (lots on the mountains but nothing in the city? so no , not all of Canada is freezing most of the time :)
Pooya,

You make the habitable area of BC into something bigger than it is. Fact is 95% of Canada is completely shit as far as year-round weather and the remaining 5% has fairly limited prospects. It's already carrying a real-estate bubble and its economic growth outlook is quite gloomy.

Unless someone is as mobile as I am, it would be hard to justify a move. Even in my situation, there are many obstacles and ties to overcome.