Homeland [Contains Spoiler]

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
SPOILERS

First season I liked the little details of the show. They were making clear that Pakistan and Saudi are the two countries responsible for alot of this garbage.
Now they have Israel bombing Iran and AQ allying with Hizbollah, something that would never happen and hasn't happened. Regardless of the politics, the shows events are now some sort of right wing wet dream. I'm not that surprised considering some of the writers are the same guys who did 24.
Ok...so because it's Iran it's garbage now? Come on man...

and really, Saul is a rightwing's dream? Are you sure about it?

yeah I agree, with you, i dont know if you have watched the latest episode (aired yesterday) but like 5 min in, i was SURE how its going to end and sure did end exactly like that ! i dont know what is wrong , perhaps season 1 set such a high bar that season 2 is just not getting there YET.
Let me guess, Sergeant Brody will turn to a good boy and help CIA girl Carie get Abu Nazir, right?
Do they still show Prison Break? Maybe that's more of it..

SPOILER

But seriously, they took a dramatic break, they blew Brody's cover off. Just wait until the season finishes. If you guys still predicted everything right, maybe you are in the wrong profession and should just move to Hollywood and become screenwriters. Seriously...

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
SPOILER
But seriously, they took a dramatic break, they blew Brody's cover off. Just wait until the season finishes. If you guys still predicted everything right, maybe you are in the wrong profession and should just move to Hollywood and become screenwriters. Seriously...
hence why i said "YET" i am sure (and i really hope) it does get better , cant wait for next episode.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I watch all those shows and love them all.... (OZ, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Borgias, Spartacus, Sopranos, Homeland, Wire, Californication, Weeds.....................).. and have to say they are all well written and the story lines are good. But some are better than others... Last night i watch Homeland first, then Dexter and then Boardwalk....... Well when it comes to Brody and predictions it was pretty obvious that he had to work with the other side as they blew off his cover. But after last night's episode did he know of that attack on the Tailors shop or it was just to take place??? Once he killed the contact on his way to the safe house as his cover was blown the CIA had the shop under surveillance. And once Brody told them what happened to the Tailor was they went in. Now one has to keep in mind the mole inside the CIA and who that will turn out to be? What do you guys think of the side story they got going with his daughter and the hit and run?

Mahdi do you watch the shows on TV or online? Where do they should it in Europe?

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
******Spoiler Alert******

There is one thing in the storyline that doesn't make sense. I wonder if someone can explain it to me.

So Carrie picks up a bag in the failed assassination attempt in Beirut from Hezbollah chief's house. Saul finds the evidence of Brody's involvement with Abu Nazir in that bag. Later on Hezbullah agents try to recover that evidence back from Saul at Beirut airport but they are fooled by him.

But here is the problem. If Hezbollah (and by extension Abu Nazir) knows that the disk was found by CIA (and they should know), how can they not consider Brody's cover blown. The little scene at Beirut airport doesn't really matter because even if they had gotten the real disk back, Saul would still know the truth and that's enough to blow Brody's cover. Most importantly, how can CIA, for the same reason, not consider Brody a burned asset after this episode?

This look like a gaffe to me.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
******Spoiler Alert******

There is one thing in the storyline that doesn't make sense. I wonder if someone can explain it to me.

So Carrie picks up a bag in the failed assassination attempt in Beirut from Hezbollah chief's house. Saul finds the evidence of Brody's involvement with Abu Nazir in that bag. Later on Hezbullah agents try to recover that evidence back from Saul at Beirut airport but they are fooled by him.

But here is the problem. If Hezbollah (and by extension Abu Nazir) knows that the disk was found by CIA (and they should know), how can they not consider Brody's cover blown. The little scene at Beirut airport doesn't really matter because even if they had gotten the real disk back, Saul would still know the truth and that's enough to blow Brody's cover. Most importantly, how can CIA, for the same reason, not consider Brody a burned asset after this episode?

This look like a gaffe to me.
maybe but with the spoiler given by Ostad Pooya ;) it kind of makes sense...they seem to have known about the cover being blown away...

The tailor scene was big btw.

Mahdi do you watch the shows on TV or online? Where do they should it in Europe?
torrent...I would buy it and all that too but...I can't unfortunately and Austrian/German Pay-TV is a sad joke...so I have to use torrent.

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
haha finally did watch them all... i guess they are going to spend most of the second season making viewers wonder which side brody is really on and also how real carrie's feelings are and how much of it is acting.. but being a not so black and white show i think brody will have feelings for both sides and maybe even do little things for both sides and carrie understands why brody thinks the way he does so all in all she probably still does have deep feelings for him especially now that she hopes she understands him but she is also acting with her feelings for brody in order to get him to do what she wants (she is probably not even completely aware of her own feelings)

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Interesting turn the show is taking but I think this time Brody is planning to really play Carrie big and mess with her and her feelings. I firmly believe he is so much stronger than her and can manipulate her very heavily. btw I dont like this stupid side story with his daughter and that whole car accident idea.

May 1, 2012
The only good character in the show is Carrie. After a good first season they pretty much destroyed the entire show just so they could include the fantasy of Israeli jets bombing Iran's nuclear plants. Jessica's hoe character is not so attractive either. Over all a good show that had the potential of being a GREAT show.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The only good character in the show is Carrie. After a good first season they pretty much destroyed the entire show just so they could include the fantasy of Israeli jets bombing Iran's nuclear plants. Jessica's hoe character is not so attractive either. Over all a good show that had the potential of being a GREAT show.

Good one:cool:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
So what did you guys think of last nights episode? What a good one I have to say. perhaps the best one of the season so far. Brody's acting was superb and very intense.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
It was pretty good. Reviews were apparently not so but it was action packed and took a nice turn of events. Really looking forward to the final episodes.