Iranian President selection thread

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Very simple things that should actively (not through weblogs) be demanded by people (not necessarily Rohani) right away:

1. Freedom of Mousavi, Karoubi and Rahnavard (whatever the hell she did?!!) in less than a week.
2. Demand all workers of IRIB to condemn IRIB's publicly funded propaganda for Osoolgara party.

A new wave of newspapers and sites should emerge. If they get rejected, they should raise a stink immediately.

The less patient the reformists pose, the more active people will become. This has easily been proven in the past. Patience does not necessarily yield results in these situations.

Radicalism may be detrimental, but too much patience is just as much if not more detrimental to reformist ideas.
And how many of these do you see happen in the next 4 years ?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Does GP also have a tough time getting a straight answer from you?
LOL, Are you telling me that you don't even know GP NOW after all these years !!!
I thought you are just too excited with celebrations that you are having difficulty following logical discussions.

Now,I am convinced that you are playing dumb and repeating yourself. Classic GP ;)
It is ok, read these post in few days when you come down and back to earth. It will all make sense then ;)

They'll certainly won't live with yours if you keep believing they are all ignorant.
Khodamjan,

They may not be ignorant regarding domestic affairs, but time after time they've shown to be not aware of the international scene. I don't know who started this cancer, but Iranians think Iran is an important country in the world that cannot be compared to any other nation. I think it was Shah who gave them that idea.

It's simply wrong. Iran can and will be torn into pieces if this 'revolutionary' attitude remains. It doesn't matter if Rohani is the president or Shah himself returns. A nation not in tune with peace and trade rules of the world will be annihilated. Good or bad is not the question. I have many problems with the current world order, but I sure has heck wouldn't offer a radical idea like Islam as the solution.

Iranians seriously need to learn that. They still have hope Iran could be protected by Khoda! Someone needs to come and show them a real picture of the world. Perhaps, Iranians abroad need to do a better job, but that's essentially what they've been trying to do.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
LOL, Are you telling me that you don't even know GP NOW after all these years !!!
I thought you are just too excited with celebrations that you are having difficulty following logical discussions.

Now,I am convinced that you are playing dumb and repeating yourself. Classic GP ;)
It is ok, read these post in few days when you come down and back to earth. It will all make sense then ;)
Shahin by comparing me to GP you're not making yourself any favor because you are continuously demonstrating that you make even less sense than GP :)

But maybe you are right and I am like GP because I keep asking you a question for which I know the answer. Of course you don't know today's Iran, because yesterday you kept insisting that the majority won't vote, so why am I even asking?

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Khodamjan,

They may not be ignorant regarding domestic affairs, but time after time they've shown to be not aware of the international scene. I don't know who started this cancer, but Iranians think Iran is an important country in the world that cannot be compared to any other nation. I think it was Shah who gave them that idea.

It's simply wrong. Iran can and will be torn into pieces if this 'revolutionary' attitude remains. It doesn't matter if Rohani is the president or Shah himself returns. A nation not in tune with peace and trade rules of the world will be annihilated. Good or bad is not the question. I have many problems with the current world order, but I sure has heck wouldn't offer a radical idea like Islam as the solution.

Iranians seriously need to learn that. They still have hope Iran could be protected by Khoda! Someone needs to come and show them a real picture of the world. Perhaps, Iranians abroad need to do a better job, but that's essentially what they've been trying to do.
BT jan,

These new generations are not like that, they really aren't. They are cocky but not nationalistically cocky! They are emotional, maybe idealistic (though most aren't), but they are not those proud Persians that Shah created.

I may be wrong, and quite frankly I don't see how this aspect is relevant to how they interact with the regime.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Has anyone here heard anything about the formation of his cabinet? I wonder if Aref will have any posts. Aref is the very main reason Rohani won. I am also expecting to see Sadegh Kharazi back and involved somewhere in foreign affairs although i heard he has cancer and not doing well. Bijan zangeneh is another name that I think will get a role.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Shahin by comparing me to GP you're not making yourself any favor because you are continuously demonstrating that you make even less sense than GP :)

But maybe you are right and I am like GP because I keep asking you a question for which I know the answer. Of course you don't know today's Iran, because yesterday you kept insisting that the majority won't vote, so why am I even asking?
Azizam, your questions have been answered many times. It is you who is not doing himself any favour acting ignorant and being illogical and sarcastic . As I said, Classic GP ...

The answers are there but you seem too EXCITED to see it and I don't fault you for that. I know you are better than this :)

How many hours have you spent on computer today ;) ? Did you get any sleep last night ?

You must be exhausted because it not like you to be this confused and all over the place !!! Is it could be sleep deprivations !!!

Take a little break. Calm down, get some fresh air and read again.

Believe me bro, It is good for you.

I promise you that you will read these posts tomorrow when you are little more fresh and alert and you will feel different about it ;)

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
خلجی یه حرف خیلی جالبی زد و گفت هیچ کاری نمیشه کرد اگر سازماندهی نداشته باشیم
[video=youtube;MnO5y8F9vQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnO5y8F9vQU[/video]

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
One of the comments asks whether خون کشته شدگان ۸۸ پایمال شد رفت ؟

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....139864456078554.28448.139858942745772&type=1
Good question and the answer will be seen in 4 years.

It all depends if Rohani delivers on his campaign promises and if he manages to make real progress.

Some friends are too excited from staying up all night in front of their computers and can see straight.
We have seen this in a past, choosing a president that is passive and unable to deliver when the pressure is on.
Result is what matters at the end of the day and Rohani has a tough road ahead of himself.
He made some serious promises and if he manages to deliver, it will be a great victory.

Last edited:

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Azizam, your questions have been answered many times. It is you who is not doing himself any favour acting ignorant and being illogical and sarcastic . As I said, Classic GP ...

The answers are there but you seem too EXCITED to see it and I don't fault you for that. I know you are better than this :)

How many hours have you spent on computer today ;) ? Did you get any sleep last night ?

You must be exhausted because it not like you to be this confused and all over the place !!! Is it could be sleep deprivations !!!

Take a little break. Calm down, get some fresh air and read again.

Believe me bro, It is good for you.

I promise you that you will read these posts tomorrow when you are little more fresh and alert and you will feel different about it ;)
You are right, I must be tired, as the answer was right there from the very beginning: You do not know the current Iranian society as evidenced by your repeatedly wrong predictions :)

I'm sure when I read this tomorrow I'll wonder why did I keep asking him!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
it depends how we think about it? will their blood be considered lost in vain in 20 years when the IR is either gone or does not exist as we know it today?
Iran is definitely going through continuous change. there has many failures and many advances.
the interesting fact is that there is the potential for formation of impromptu massive movements.

Last edited:

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
You are right, I must be tired, as the answer was right there from the very beginning: You do not know the current Iranian society as evidenced by your repeatedly wrong predictions :)

I'm sure when I read this tomorrow I'll wonder why did I keep asking him!
Sure Pal :) Get some rest ;) Answer will come to you tomorrow :)

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Quite the opposite. Without this, that sacrifice would have been in vain. No matter what happens next, their blood made sure that the votes won't be thrown out again.
I respectfully disagree. I think the loss of life and the price people paid in the aftermath of election 88 were way to much in respect of the little change we see. Had khatami been allowed to run and elected, I would have agreed with you but Rohonai being who he is, he is not what people really wanted and stood for in 88 elections. They just chose the lesser of evil amongst those allowed to run. People had no other options.

Oct 18, 2002
LOL Rowhani thanks Khatami and Rafsanjani in his first message as president-elect and mentions about shaking the hands of the reformists. This is interesting - quite confrontational for the first message:

http://farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13920325001288

However I doubt that he will do much regarding Mousavi or Karoubi or seda and sima in the short term (as BT wanted). He has been chose get the sanctions off IRI, and he has to deliver before he can have any demands within the system. My guess is that his first priority will be foreign affairs, with two areas of focus:

1.The nuclear issue, to see how much he will have to give away in return for lifting at least some sanctions.
2. Repairing the regional relations with the arab countries, in particular Saudi Arabia, and helping to resolve the Syrian issue to avoid Arab's collaboration with a possible full force invasion of Iran. Rafsanjani's close relations with King Abdullah will come handy for him.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
LOL Rowhani thanks Khatami and Rafsanjani in his first message as president-elect and mentions about shaking the hands of the reformists. This is interesting - quite confrontational for the first message:

http://farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13920325001288

However I doubt that he will do much regarding Mousavi or Karoubi or seda and sima in the short term (as BT wanted). He has been chose get the sanctions off IRI, and he has to deliver before he can have any demands within the system. My guess is that his first priority will be foreign affairs, with two areas of focus:

1.The nuclear issue, to see how much he will have to give away in return for lifting at least some sanctions.
2. Repairing the regional relations with the arab countries, in particular Saudi Arabia, and helping to resolve the Syrian issue to avoid Arab's collaboration with a possible full force invasion of Iran. Rafsanjani's close relations with King Abdullah will come handy for him.
I read a few interviews today from different MPs including tavakoli, and they were all emphasizing on the fact that Rohani will not have much of a role in the nuclear standoff- all affirming that it's rahbari who sets the policies on that front. One possibility though may be that Rohani is being presented as the deal maker, and as biazar put it, he may be given the role of delivering Janeh zahr in the most delicate manner without causing a lot of embarrassment.

Oct 18, 2002
I read a few interviews today from different MPs including tavakoli, and they were all emphasizing on the fact that Rohani will not have much of a role in the nuclear standoff- all affirming that it's rahbari who sets the policies on that front. One possibility though may be that Rohani is being presented as the deal maker, and as biazar put it, he may be given the role of delivering Janeh zahr in the most delicate manner without causing a lot of embarrassment.
Biazar is right. That's what I meant too. He will have to do the negotiations on behalf of Khamenei in a way that they can present it as some sort of victory inside the country.

Oct 18, 2002
By the way I have been reading the Hezbollahi weblogs and comments over the past 24 hours, and the confusion and disappointment there is truly refreshing! afsaran.ir tops the list (check their archive from 24 hours ago).