Legionnaires Thread 2013-2014

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Masoud was excellent again. They were down 1-0 HT. Didn't start cause of long travel with team Melli obligations. He came on, they score 2 to win over Barcelona B.

Las Palmas now 1 point behind 1st place in Segunda. They are third in league, tied with 2nd place team. The top two teams gain direct entry to La Liga.

Prior to Masoud coming to Las Palmas, they were in regulation zone (had played a few games). Now, they have eyes on direct promotion. MVP Masoud.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Alireza Jahanbaksh played the full 90 minutes and ran his ass off and played well.

Too bad for him, NEC lost 2-1 to Cambuur. Still last in league :(

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Just watched a replay of Cambuur-NEC, although the match got so boring sometimes that I lost attention lol. Jahanbakhsh played OK, he worked really hard and pressed the defence well. Had some good runs due to his quickness and dribbling skills, a couple of which ended in crosses which were cleared and one in which he was brought down resulting in a yellow card for the defender. Besides that he was quite invisible in possession, but so was NEC's entire midfield and attack. He lost a few one on one duels against the centre backs of Cambuur; this is clearly an area he needs to work on, he needs to grow physically stronger and more capable of battling against strong defenders. He also got a yellow card for running out of the wall too soon with a free kick; was pretty dubious if u ask me, looked like he started on time and got to the ball so quick because he's so fast. All in all an OK game with a crappy side, one of the few NEC players who were actually useful. Needs to improve his crossing accuracy and his strength.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Braunschweig today.

Saturday 30 November 2013
KO : 14:30pm UK time

Top faces bottom in the Bundesliga on Saturday with little to suggest that Bayern Munich's record-breaking unbeaten run will not continue.

Bayern have now gone 38 games without losing and after sweeping aside their closest rivals Borussia Dortmund 3-0 in their own back yard last weekend, it seems unlikely they will come unstuck against a side who have won just two games all season, and are propping up the table.

Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge believes coach Pep Guardiola always finds a way of winning games.

``I've been involved in professional football for 40 years now and I've never seen such a variety and depth of ideas,'' he wrote in the club's magazine.

``Pep is on the search around the clock for the ultimate football. He is positively obsessed and incredibly dedicated.

``After the win over Dortmund, he watched the game back on the flight home, analysing it all and beginning preparations for Moscow.

``I'm enjoying this year immensely.''

He is not the only one with the club's fans witnessing some of the most attractive and certainly most successful football ever, and that is what league newcomers Braunschweig need to find a way of combating on Saturday.

``To say this is a mammoth challenge would be an understatement,'' coach Torsten Lieberknecht said at a press conference.

``We're going to have to do something incredible to get something from there. Bayern are the best football has to offer right now and we can't just go and say we're going to halt them in their tracks.''

Bayern are going to be without Philipp Lahm, who sustained a thigh strain against CSKA Moscow on Tuesday night, but with Thiago returning to fitness, Guardiola will not be too concerned about losing his captain.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Robben scored early for Bayern to lead Braunschweig by 1-0. a one on one against Davari and he hit the post but headed in the rebound.

Bayern continues to circle the wagon and Braunschweig is parking the bus right now.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I'm watching NEC-AZ, 1-1 right now and Jahanbakhsh started the match as right winger. I just tuned in in the 25th minute so I didn't see NEC's goal. However Jahanbakhsh just had a nice dribble inside, though his shot was blocked. Commentator talking about how much energy Jahanbakhsh puts in his game.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Good chance for Jahanbakhsh, Higdon heads the ball on and Jahabakhsh uses his speed to run past the AZ defence, but his left footed shot goes wide. Good to see how he keeps losing his defender with his speed and energy.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Jahanbakhsh gets the ball on the right wing, but his cross is poor. 1st half over, 1-1. Jahanbakhsh with a good half, great energy and speed, nice dribbles and good passing. He just needs to improve his crossing, he had 2 crosses in the time I was watching and both were poor.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Jahanbakhsh with a poor cross which is cleared, followed by a nice 1-2 with Vermijl which puts Vermijl in a good position to score.
Vermijl is a Manchester United player on loan to NEC for this season. i used to watch quite a bit of him at Man United Academy & Man United Reserves games. :)

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Just saw NEC's goal, it was Jahanbakhsh's assist: Vermijl dribbled on the right flank, gave it to Jahanbakhsh who gave a great 1st time pass back to Vermijl. Vermijl then finished it well. Jahanbakhsh has been involved in quite a few 1-2s with his teammates, and this one was a goal giving him is 2nd (I think?) assist of the season. The Dutch analyst Jan van Halst was also very positive about Jahanbakhsh, saying how AZ's LB is having trouble keeping up with him.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
The corner was won after a nice Jahanbakhsh pass to Rieks, which was defended by AZ. After which Jahanbakhsh headed the corner in at the near post. He really deserved the goal, MOTM so far.