Most ridiculous in our football

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
I became a Germany fan after this game when I was only 5 years old and my 6 year old brother became an England fan.
I also watched some of the 70 WC games at odd hours of night via Baku feed
So you guys are old enough to possibly remember and answer this question:

Back in early 1350's which foreign league games (recorded games , no live broadcast at the time) were being shown by Iran TV on Friday afternoons?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
So you guys are old enough to possibly remember and answer this question:

Back in early 1350's which foreign league games (recorded games , no live broadcast at the time) were being shown by Iran TV on Friday afternoons?
Interesting question 🤔
I don't remember the schedules, I was always after sports news at the end of main news .
I wish video recordings arrived 10 years earlier, some great memorable would have been saved.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
English premier league

And it was like every other week they had a Leeds game on.Someone liked Jackie Charlton then !
I believe you are correct, except I think it was not called EPL back then (I could be wrong).
We all had an idle back then who was based on English players. I used to be Morgan #7 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Morgan).
1657481130127.png
He had an identical twin brother who played in same team QPR.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
English premier league

And it was like every other week they had a Leeds game on.Someone liked Jackie Charlton then !
Leeds had many top players, best of Scotland were playing for Leeds.
Eddie and Frank Gray , Peter Lorimer , Billy Bremner , three England players Allan Clark, Paul Madely ,Terry Cooper
Goalie David Harvey was Scotland no 1 , Trevor Cherry another England International, John Giles was also Welsh International, jackie Charlton was there but he was more famous for being Bobby's brother! 😉
Norman Hunter known as Norman bite your legs was another top England International.

Feb 4, 2005
Leeds had many top players, best of Scotland were playing for Leeds.
Eddie and Frank Gray , Peter Lorimer , Billy Bremner , three England players Allan Clark, Paul Madely ,Terry Cooper
Goalie David Harvey was Scotland no 1 , Trevor Cherry another England International, John Giles was also Welsh International, jackie Charlton was there but he was more famous for being Bobby's brother! 😉
Norman Hunter known as Norman bite your legs was another top England International.
Oghab jAn even I at my advanced age don't remember these names. Are they your buddies from WW II era?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Oghab jAn even I at my advanced age don't remember these names. Are they your buddies from WW II era?
You let me down!😄

Yeah it's been a while.... they were quite big names in English and European football in the 70s .
When I came to England early 70s there were two weekly programmes bbc match of the day and itv sport on Sunday the big match .
Plus some midweek sport usually Wednesday night.
I don't think I ever missed much being like many other football fan.

Last edited:

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
I became a Germany fan after this game when I was only 5 years old and my 6 year old brother became an England fan.
You can only imagine the rivalry in our household. We watched it live in Rasht using live broadcast via Bakoo.
I vaguely remember this final shown on Baku TV. I remember the hype that had, because the ref of the final game was from
Baku!

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
I vaguely remember this final shown on Baku TV. I remember the hype that had, because the ref of the final game was from
Baku!
It was the linesman who was from Baku.he made the call on England's controversial 3rd goal confirming that the ball had crossed the goal line. Tofiq Bahramov was famous in Azarbaijan and a stadium in Baku was named after him.after his referee career he became General Secretary of Azerbaijan Football Federation.

The main referee was from Swiss.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Baku!
Are you talking about 1966 world cup final ?
Tofigh Bahramof was the linesman who said England third goal did the cross the goal line after the shot hit the cross bar .
Wow you could watch the 1966 world cup in Iran via Baku TV? !
Live satellite broadcast had not arrived yet in Iran.
First satellite broadcast was in 1968 after a Satellite receiver station was built in Asadabad Hamedan and we got the Live landing on the moon in our tbs in Tehran.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Tofigh Bahramof was the linesman who said England third goal did the cross the goal line after the shot hit the cross bar .
First satellite broadcast was in 1968 after a Satellite receiver station was built in Asadabad Hamedan and we got the Live landing on the moon in our tbs in Tehran.
Yes, we could watch it live via Baku feed in Northern Iran.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
In areas adjacent to the republic of Azarbaijan, like Iranian Azarbaijans and parts of Gilan, you could receive Baku signal better than Tehran signal if you had the right antenna. These antennas I remember were very tall. Perhaps 3,4 times taller than regular antenna needed to catch local signals.
In 60s for many areas , that was the only TV entertainment available until local stations in Tabriz and Rezaie went on air in early 70s.