OFFICIAL ISP FORUMS POLL on Next TM Coach

Next coach for TM should be...

• Total voters

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Daei has worked under some of the best coaches during his career, from Ivic, Blazevic to Hitzfeld. A total of lets say 5 years under good coaches. Thats invaluable experience!

However, Daei should bide his time, prove he wasnt a one season wonder at Saipa and after the WC then lets look at it again.
And Didier Deschamp has played under Michel Platini and Aime Jacquet. They were ten times better than Ivic, Blazevic and Hitzfeld all together. but did Deschamp become France NT coach after bringing League 1 championship with Monaco?! No..he needed more club/international experience(despite working under the best coaches and being one of the best France NT players).

But as u said, Daei should be given time to prove his value in club level coaching(Asian level, since Saipa will participate in ACL too) while acquiring FIFA Coaching licence, then we can discuss his eligibility for TM job.. we dont wanna make the same mistake as we did with GHN.

Jun 18, 2005
I wonder how Kaz would vote on this poll.

Ye bar defend mikoneh az GN ye bar mige taraf is an idiot. I really dont get it. Kazem Jan bi zahmat vote kon so that man az in confusion biam biroon.

Aug 26, 2005
I'm interested in seeing how the Foolad coach will do this season. Here are his credentials:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augusto_Inacio

Augusto Soares Inácio (pron. IPA: [au'guʃtu i'nasiu], born February 1, 1955 in Lisbon, Portugal) is a retired Portuguese football midfielder and currently is the manager of Foolad FC in Iran's Premier Football League.

Playing career

He played for Sporting Clube de Portugal and F.C. Porto, were he won several national championship titles and the Cup of Portugal. He played at the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, in 1984 when Porto lost 1-2 to Juventus; and at the 1986-87 European Champions' Cup final, which Porto won against Bayern Munich.

He had 25 caps for the Portuguese national team, 4 while playing for Sporting and 21 for F.C. Porto, from 1976 to 1986. His first game, on December 5, 1976, was a 2-1 win over Cyprus, in the 1978 FIFA World Cup qualifyings. He played at the 1984 UEFA European Football Championship and at the 1986 FIFA World Cup finals, where he had his last game, on July 11, 1986, a 1-3 loss to Morocco.

Managerial career

After ending his career, he became a football coach. As a manager he won Sporting's first title in 18 years in 1999-2000. After coaching clubs such as G.D. Chaves, C.S. Marítimo and Vitória S.C. (de Guimarães), he was the manager of S.C. Beira-Mar, since the end of the 2004-05 season until November 2006. In the 2005-06 season the team won the Liga de Honra (2nd level) and thus achieved promotion to the Portuguese Liga. He managed Beira-Mar during the first nine games of the next season, when he resigned, leaving the team with only six points. He then went on to manage Ionikos in the Super League Greece. However resigned after an embarrasing 4-0 defeat to Panathinaikos FC on January 15, 2007. On January 25, 2007 he signed with Iranian club, Foolad F.C.'s as their head coach, the contract will run till June 23, 2007.

Aug 26, 2005
I wonder how Kaz would vote on this poll.

Ye bar defend mikoneh az GN ye bar mige taraf is an idiot. I really dont get it. Kazem Jan bi zahmat vote kon so that man az in confusion biam biroon.
If he says something that has 0 logic and has no basis...he IS an idiot. If he says something intelligent and does something positive, I praise him. The guy is neither my uncle or best friend. But you will often see me defending him where I think the criticism is exaggerated or plain wrong.

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
my POINT in favor of DENIZLI is he is one of those coaches who CAN withstand such diabolical atmosphere that exists in Iran, and has proven to be adept in compromising and adjusting his attitude and methods according to what little he is given to work with.
And , IMO, he has produced good results. Even if he hasn’t won any trophies, he has had great impact on the teams ( paas & pp ) he held in the way they played football. And given their lacks, to get that kind of quality football out of them is admirable.

He has also the advantage of KNOWING & UNDERSTANDING our football. He knows what kind of ppl we are, What we want, What we’re capable of, …. etc.
We also wont be wasting time for the coach to get to know us, our football, our in-organization and lacks.

neither is he a sissy wimp like haan , who runs away & quits the moment he encounters the first problem !

I’ve said it many times and I know , just as I explained above, some will not agree. But we shd NOT compare Denizli of PP ( remember all the shortages and lacks in terms of players, strikers, support from fans, ….. ) to the Denizli at TM ( where he has the best of the best we have at his disposal ). There is a world of difference here. Give Shumy a beat up ford and then give him a porche. You WILL get different results.

Oct 18, 2002
just few days ago I said why not Denizil and people jumped over me
Now he gets so many votes

I feel like people do not like me but they actually learn from me

Thats cool
SO sooner or later I will demand you to call me Ostad Ali Daei for Gods sake