Other qualifiers WC2022

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Agree, they are not very technical, but they can run
Ukraine on the other hand was going to be a dark horse, glad we are not facing them
Plus, Wales is bigger problem for England

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
To be honest, both these teams seem at least couple goals better than Iran team .
With the current make up and trend, I consider our defensive scheme as our team’s Achilles hill. Wales seems to be more professional and “ economically efficient “ In capitalizing on few chances they get, as Ukraine demonstrates opposite. Ukraine is technically superior to wales, but we can match them in that aspect. Physically, Wales can be a tougher opponent.
I think our second game probably will yield our most disappointing result, as psychologically we will be more geared up for the first and the third game.

Oct 18, 2010
my prediction for group b:

irn 0 - eng 0
ukr 0 - usa 0
------
irn 1 - ukr 0
usa 1- eng 0
------

standings after 2 match days:

iran 4
usa 4
eng 1
ukr 1

iran and the usa just kick around the ball to a 0-0 draw
in the last match while lol and both qualify :p
just replace wal for ukr and we are good to go.
remember we have never ever lost to an english speaking
team in the wc finals :ROFLMAO:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
To be honest, both these teams seem at least couple goals better than Iran team .
With the current make up and trend, I consider our defensive scheme as our team’s Achilles hill. Wales seems to be more professional and “ economically efficient “ In capitalizing on few chances they get, as Ukraine demonstrates opposite. Ukraine is technically superior to wales, but we can match them in that aspect. Physically, Wales can be a tougher opponent.
I think our second game probably will yield our most disappointing result, as psychologically we will be more geared up for the first and the third game.
I think it is very hard to qualify from this group.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I don't know why you guys right off TM already. It's true we have a shitty defense, but what about our offense? with Taremi and sardar, I think we have a chance against any of those 3 teams.
Being 2 goals better than TM might be reasonable on the paper and considering the current NON helping and desperate situation TM is experiencing, but it's football guys.
I don't like to be optimistic out of no reason, but the reality is that we have strong attacking duo who can cause problem for any of those 3 teams.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
You make your own luck.

Ukraine was a better team facing a very experienced Wales side.they became too predictable as the game went on. should have stepped up the tempo and made their chances count. Wales worked real hard as a team and put everything on the line. had a few chances as Johnson hit the post , Ramsey missed an open net , Dan James shot got blocked and was saved by the keeper over the bar and Bale could have done better with that nearly open goal shot (saved by keeper). Ben Davies had a fantastic game in defence with some great goal-saving tackles and blocks. Hennessey (Wales keeper) was phenomenal with a bunch of brilliant saves that justified his selection over Ward. that save near the end from Dovbyk’s header in 6 yard box was a worldie.

I am happy for a couple of my Welsh mates who are chuffed that their country is going to world cup after 64 years.

Cymru am byth

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
When are qualifiers for the other two spots scheduled for?
United Arab Emirates vs Australia Tuesday
Australia and United Arab Emirates will meet in a one-match playoff in Qatar on June 7. The winners then advance to an intercontinental playoff against Peru, to be played on June 13 for a place at the World Cup.
New Zealand

New Zealand won the Oceania region, but this only earns a qualification playoff against Costa Rica, the fourth-placed team from CONCACAF, for a place at the World Cup.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I think it is very hard to qualify from this group.
It's hard to qualify from any group but considering all the other groups , ours is the most possible one on paper.

On paper all other teams are better than us but on match day it's a different story.
I have never witnessed us being a walk over for any team ,even Holland and Peru of 78 beating us by margin of three goals didn't find it easy .
Anybody watching clips of game against Peru and not knowing the result couldn't tell the difference between the two team .

Dec 30, 2014
United Arab Emirates vs Australia Tuesday
Australia and United Arab Emirates will meet in a one-match playoff in Qatar on June 7. The winners then advance to an intercontinental playoff against Peru, to be played on June 13 for a place at the World Cup.
New Zealand

New Zealand won the Oceania region, but this only earns a qualification playoff against Costa Rica, the fourth-placed team from CONCACAF, for a place at the World Cup.
UAE is a bit of a crappy team, but the Aussies have a tendency to choke when it matter the most (cough cough '98). I do not see them beating both UAE and Peru. Between the three I mildly prefer Peru.

NZ stands a better chance of making WC.

Dec 30, 2014
Depends on the power of your torch 🔦 !
:alien:
Be careful with the slight differences between the queen's English and the English spoken in the North American colonies. Next thing you know, you will have a horde of people accusing you to be a misogynist. What you call a torch is called a flashlight here. A torch is something that throws flames out of its nozzle!!