Other qualifiers WC2022

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Be careful with the slight differences between the queen's English and the English spoken in the North American colonies. Next thing you know, you will have a horde of people accusing you to be a misogynist. What you call a torch is called a flashlight here. A torch is something that throws flames out of its nozzle!!
LOL!
Blimey mate ,I needed a lift in spirit, oops I mean an elevator !
🤣

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
What I meant is that the Stadium has cooling system, so outside heat is irrelevant. I think FIFA does not allow artificial turf, regardless of of it being indoor or outdoor.
What i meant was FIFA doesn't allow the stadium roof to be closed which I think it is ridiculous.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
What i meant was FIFA doesn't allow the stadium roof to be closed which I think it is ridiculous.
I was not aware of that!! I do seem to recall some CL games played in Russia's Zenith with the top closed. I could be mistaken though.
UEFA allows matches to be played in stadiums with closed retractable roofs.check out Article 25 (Retractable stadium roofs) regarding Regulations of the UEFA European Qualifying Competition for the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regula...3/Article-25-Retractable-stadium-roofs-Online

Article 25 Retractable stadium roofs

Before the match, the UEFA match delegate, in consultation with the referee, decides whether a stadium’s retractable roof will be open or closed during the match. This decision must be announced at the pre-match organisational meeting, although it may subsequently be altered at any time prior to kick-off if the weather changes, again in consultation with the referee.

If the match starts with the roof closed, it must remain closed until half-time or for the entire match. If the match starts with the roof open, only the referee has the authority to order its closure during the match, subject to any applicable laws issued by a competent state authority. Such a decision may only be taken if the weather seriously deteriorates. If the referee does order the roof to be closed during the match, it must remain closed until half-time or the final whistle.