Semi-Breaking: Two Explosions @ the Boston Marathon!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Had to Google the guy.
That guy's China's favorite "neutral and balanced journalist and expert on the Syrian crisis"! ;)

On a separate note and this is a question to everyone... I'm not a huge fan of censorship, but is there really a constitutional issue with not giving people access to sites or pages that post instructions on how to make bombs or IEDs? Would that really be trampling on anyone's rights and is there any benefit whatsoever to having these types of sites/pages accessible to the public? Can they not be shut-down or filtered? Can you not make viewing them illegal? Just throwing questions out there to see what everyone thinks...

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
BREAKING: Capitol police report suspicious package in Russell Senate office building: NBC

There was apparently another one to Senator Roger Wicker's office with possibly Ricin (poison) in it! What the hell is going on?

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I really don't think that security at this event was as tight as it should have been. But then again, hindsight is 20/20 and who would have thought.
Actually witnesses are saying there was a heavy security presence before the bombs went off, more than usual bomb sniffing dogs before the explosion. If you ask me, they knew there was something going on.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
People like Andy Stack, Tim McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Breivik and Adam Lanza were/are not Conservative right wingers, they were/are pure Anarchists, deranged, twisted and psychopathic murderers.

BTW: Pressure cookers were also used in 2006 passenger train bombing in India (over 200 dead and 700 badly injured) in which after a year long investigations involvement of a domestic Islamist group was discovered and their leader confessed in TV news channel broadcast.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
On a separate note and this is a question to everyone... I'm not a huge fan of censorship, but is there really a constitutional issue with not giving people access to sites or pages that post instructions on how to make bombs or IEDs? Would that really be trampling on anyone's rights and is there any benefit whatsoever to having these types of sites/pages accessible to the public? Can they not be shut-down or filtered? Can you not make viewing them illegal? Just throwing questions out there to see what everyone thinks...
I don't think that would do anything, If someone wants to make a bomb he/she can, all you need is a little bit of chemistry knowledge. But I don't really think there are people out there that wants to set bomb go off for their political massages, maybe there are such dumb people exist but it has to be very rare. This incidents are usually funded by some ass holes trying to control people's mind and will benefits from it for making public ready for another external or internal war. Look at how everyone of Al Qaeda bombing was helped by big banks to transfer the money for funding. If there is enough money involved making bomb is very easy, you don't need websites and ect to make it there are enough knowledgeable people on the field of chemistry to make bombs.
What you saying will happen, they are already trying to control Internet and are passing some laws in order to be able to. What you said is one of their main excuses for censoring internet but their objective is blocking people from the truth and not let internet give and broadcast people the real news. This bombs have no threat to those in power, it only hurts people, the real news and information are what is really dangerous to their power so it has to be stopped and this things are their excuses.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
with the risk of being labaled as INSENSETIVE -
I think this was the work of an angry White guy not happy with where the country is headed.

As much as I generaly dislike the Saudis - but I feel bad for the poor Saudi student who was arrested by Citizens immediately after the blasts, despite being injured himself!!! I can imagine the guy being chased for being middel eastern looking.............

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
For our legal experts, can someone be in custody, but not arrested or are they basically the same thing? If they take you in for questioning as a suspect, and you consent to that, that's not an arrest, but are you considered to be in custody?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
For our legal experts, can someone be in custody, but not arrested or are they basically the same thing? If they take you in for questioning as a suspect, and you consent to that, that's not an arrest, but are you considered to be in custody?
No.

In custody means not free to go. People brought in for questioning are not necessarily in custody. They can leave at will if they haven't been arrested.

In high profile cases like this, police questions thousands of people. They never claim to have someone in custody when questioning them.

Arrest = in custody

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Thanks bro. So, they're basically the same thing.

In all fairness to CNN and other media outlets though, apparently this story was first broken out by AP, which didn't really stand anything to gain from sensationalized reporting, because it only damages their reputation and they don't have a public web site, and the other media outlets just carried their report. They (AP) have since retracted that news. Someone should get fired! ;)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Thanks bro. So, they're basically the same thing.

In all fairness to CNN and other media outlets though, apparently this story was first broken out by AP, which didn't really stand anything to gain from sensationalized reporting, because it only damages their reputation and they don't have a public web site, and the other media outlets just carried their report. They (AP) have since retracted that news. Someone should get fired! ;)
Yet another example of why there is no need for reporters and news associations anymore. Before internet and ad-hoc surveillance it was justified, but not anymore.

The police, as a public entity should simply have cameras mounted in a room where the police chief comes and tells the cameras what's going on. That's it. Then there should be a list of list of top-5 or top 10 questions (voted by the public online) that he is obligated to answer.

How easily we could get around these advertise-run media outlets with so little effort ...