this is just fucked up...

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
You mean besides their human rights? Not much.
You as a world renowned expert on jurisprudence must know that political parties do not have a "human" right. It is often simple questions like this that trip up people who hide behind big words and long essays. So here is your chance again.

What does Hamas want?

Feb 22, 2005
Where in the hell does that statement mean that? UN divided the country into Israel and Palestine. The Palestinian part is occupied by Israel. I dont think any country except Israel disagrees with that.

Stop attacking anyone saying anything about Israel occupation equating to anti-semite or Israeli existing, etc.. That has been used for generations by right wing part of the Israelis and the US lobbying.

By this statement alone you should permanently recuse yourself from this discussion. It is waste time for me or anybody else to debate the current conflict in Gaza, rockets, tunnels, blockade or anything else. You have outed yourself as someone who does not believe Israel should exist at all. Please open a new thread. In the mean time, do not muddy the waters in this thread to try to come across as an impartial observer.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Where in the hell does that statement mean that? UN divided the country into Israel and Palestine. The Palestinian part is occupied by Israel. I dont think any country except Israel disagrees with that.

Stop attacking anyone saying anything about Israel occupation equating to anti-semite or Israeli existing, etc.. That has been used for generations by right wing part of the Israelis and the US lobbying.
Oh, so you are OK with Israel in the pre-1967 borders? Well, in that case you are the enemy of Hamas and every other resistance fighter. I suggest you get your story straight first before coming over here and defending Hamas. You are confused.

Feb 22, 2005
First of all, I hate Hamas because they are Islamic fundamentalist group. And I am pretty sure you and I agree on Islamists and anything that has to do with with it. Hamas are the result of conflict and more fundamentalist groups keep getting created the longer it goes.

Yes, pre-1967 yes. Abbas and all Arab countries, I am pretty sure will sign to it today if it was on the table. Israel does not agree to that.

Here is a good question:

I dont disagree Israel has the right to protect itself. But not the way they go on killing civilians and building settlements and not wanting to make peace when quiet period. Last 2 years were a good example. Obama tried hard to bring them to the table, Abbas was ready, but they kept on announcing settlements and destroying opportunities. Then attacking Obama and trying to embarrass him for being anti-semite and anti-Israel for pressuring them to stop building settlements and come to the negotiating table.

So,
1) Israel has the right to protect itself. Even when killing children on the other site and as many civilians as it wants.
2) Builds settlements.
3) Internationally continues to occupy.

What are the rights of the Palestinians. How are they suppose to protect themselves? What are the rights of the occupiers when they fight against the occupiers?

Oh, so you are OK with Israel in the pre-1967 borders? Well, in that case you are the enemy of Hamas and every other resistance fighter. I suggest you get your story straight first before coming over here and defending Hamas. You are confused.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Shahinc, lets clear few things up.

1) It is horrible what has been done to Bahai, and I like Kaz have Bahai friends. I too am athiest.
Dear Lord ... I am as much a Bahai as you or Kaz are muslims so lets get that straight. Brining a Bahai thing into this discussion was a cheap tactic by our friend Kaz to question my statements and make it sound like I have a prejudice in this conflict.

Let me assure you that no Bahai person would want to see innocent people being killed just because they are muslims. If anything, because they were prosecuted themselves, they understand the situation better.

Hope that clears this matter for you. Now, as far my stand and my views on this conflict, I see no reason to repeat myself here since I have stated all of them very clearly in this thread.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Dear Lord ... I am as much a Bahai as you or Kaz are muslims so lets get that straight. Brining a Bahai thing into this discussion was a cheap tactic by our friend Kaz to question my statements and make it sound like I have a prejudice in this conflict.
Yes, that was indeed a low blow. This from people who in the domestic US political spectrum fall squarely on the Democrat side and relentlessly accuse others of "intolerance". What would it sound like if Kaz had opened his remarks by saying, you are black aren't you? Same thing.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
First of all, I hate Hamas because they are Islamic fundamentalist group
This is only a lip service. You have never explained what is Hamas doing digging tunnels under Israel? Always shed tears for the civilians but not once have you questioned why thousands of tons of concrete are diverted from home construction for the same civilians to building tunnels. Never questioned the millions used in building rockets. So, don't tell me you "hate Hamas". You have no leg to stand on.

Yes, pre-1967 yes. Abbas and all Arab countries, I am pretty sure will sign to it today if it was on the table. Israel does not agree to that.
Palestinians have to first get their story straight. What is the use of signing agreements with Abbas when next door Hamas says Israel should not exist? What is going on today proves the futility of any accord. Don't forget what Hamas did to PA officials when they took over. They are the forerunners of ISIS.

I dont disagree Israel has the right to protect itself. But not the way they go on killing civilians and building settlements and not wanting to make peace when quiet period

I have said in this very thread that Israel cannot win this war on the cheap. You tell me. How do you silence the rockets fired from people backyards? If I was living there and they were using my property, I'd be furious. Have you seen ONE interview with people like that?

What are the rights of the Palestinians. How are they suppose to protect themselves? What are the rights of the occupiers when they fight against the occupiers?
Gaza is NOT occupied. And before you tell me blockade is the same as occupation, I remind you to look at what they are importing WITH the blockade in place and how they are using it. Cement bags with Israeli markings on it are strewn around tunnels. And tell me if the West Bank blockaded too?

Aug 26, 2005
By this statement alone you should permanently recuse yourself from this discussion. It is waste time for me or anybody else to debate the current conflict in Gaza, rockets, tunnels, blockade or anything else. You have outed yourself as someone who does not believe Israel should exist at all. Please open a new thread. In the mean time, do not muddy the waters in this thread to try to come across as an impartial observer.
What are you talking about?

This is not a point of discussion. This has already been decided by courts of law. Israel are illegally occupying the Palestinians. If you don't even know this much, kindly refrain from posting anything so as not to make anyone else any dumber for having to read your misinformation.

You as a world renowned expert on jurisprudence must know that political parties do not have a "human" right. It is often simple questions like this that trip up people who hide behind big words and long essays. So here is your chance again.

What does Hamas want?
Er what? Human rights exist. Strike 2.

Hamas wants Palestine to have their own state. Something they have a right to under international law.

Strike 3. Hamas in the past may have been against it, not today.

Your aside about Abbas is irrelevant. While all the ME countries may not agree with Israel's existence, they accept it as an unchangeable fact. There have already been discussions in the recent past with Hamas on map boundaries directly indicating this, if nothing else (and there's plenty else).

Yes, that was indeed a low blow. This from people who in the domestic US political spectrum fall squarely on the Democrat side and relentlessly accuse others of "intolerance". What would it sound like if Kaz had opened his remarks by saying, you are black aren't you? Same thing.
The only reason I asked is because I wanted to be sure as I had seen shahin mention bahai's before. It's from his own posting that I think he has trouble being equitable when Muslims are in the discussion. Just like it is clear that when it comes to any discussion, you're parroting whatever the GOP's positions are. You're kidding yourself if you think people can't see it.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
Gaza is NOT occupied. And before you tell me blockade is the same as occupation, I remind you to look at what they are importing WITH the blockade in place and how they are using it. Cement bags with Israeli markings on it are strewn around tunnels. And tell me if the West Bank blockaded too?
As long as Israel controls things like Gaza's electromagnetic space, airspace, naval space and population registry they are deemed to occupy Gaza. Moreover, as long as the Gaza strip is a non-sovereign area (meaning a sovereign Palestine doesn't control it) it is still considered to be occupied. I've read the United States itself considers Gaza occupied.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2005
Thank you Shahinc for explaining. I will just add the Jews were badly prosecuted by the Nazi and put into the concentration camp and came back and did it to the Palastinians. Which is shocking.

Islamic republic had people were prosecuted and tortured in prison during Shah and came back and did the same torturing opposition after they took over.

Let me assure you that no Bahai person would want to see innocent people being killed just because they are muslims. If anything, because they were prosecuted themselves, they understand the situation better.

Hope that clears this matter for you. Now, as far my stand and my views on this conflict, I see no reason to repeat myself here since I have stated all of them very clearly in this thread.

Feb 22, 2005
Gaza has bee under seige for 7 years. Those tunnels have been the main source of exchanging merchandise between Egypt and Gaza. If you did not know, the seige has been so tight not even allowing needed medical stuff at times, that many even Israeli intellectuals have called it open prison. Please go read or talk to people who know about it. Or read Israelis writings in their newspaper. You cant just come back 7 years after and say oh, how come they are throwing missile. Even US and and UN and others are saying there has to be relief for the Palastinians so that they dont go so desparate thinking dying is better than living in Gaza. That is how bad the situation has been there.

Of course, just like anything else, there will always be people using it for brining weapon.

But when you think about it, you say Israel has the right to defend themselves. They spend billions on getting the best weapons, etc. Gaza under occupation, why do you think it is crazy that there are groups who try to get weapons to defend themselves?

2) Go read about how the PA and Hamas agreement was the best thing for peace. Hamas had become weak and PA was taking over. The peace would empower PA. That is one of the reason Israel went crazy and created the situation to attack. The threat of a Palestinian unity that would have forced Israelis to the negotiation table and having to give lands back was too much for Netanyah and other right wings.

How does Israel silent the missiles? 1) stop settlements, go to negotiation table. genuinely try to make peace and give lands back so state of Palastine can come back to existence. 2) dont occupy a country, make life miserable for them, dont humiliate the people, dont kill the youth, dont put so many of their people in prison, and dont keep on massacring them. Stop building settlements and keep an area under seige in horrible conditions and then come crying victim, we are victims while having abused, take their lands away, and killed them during last several year.

This is only a lip service. You have never explained what is Hamas doing digging tunnels under Israel? Always shed tears for the civilians but not once have you questioned why thousands of tons of concrete are diverted from home construction for the same civilians to building tunnels. Never questioned the millions used in building rockets. So, don't tell me you "hate Hamas". You have no leg to stand on.

Palestinians have to first get their story straight. What is the use of signing agreements with Abbas when next door Hamas says Israel should not exist? What is going on today proves the futility of any accord. Don't forget what Hamas did to PA officials when they took over. They are the forerunners of ISIS.

I have said in this very thread that Israel cannot win this war on the cheap. You tell me. How do you silence the rockets fired from people backyards? If I was living there and they were using my property, I'd be furious. Have you seen ONE interview with people like that?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
As long as Israel controls things like Gaza's electromagnetic space, airspace, naval space and population registry they are deemed to occupy Gaza. Moreover, as long as the Gaza strip is a non-sovereign area (meaning a sovereign Palestine doesn't control it) it is still considered to be occupied. I've read the United States itself considers Gaza occupied.
Fine, in that case Israel should not give back an inch more because whatever she does doesn't count. Allow me to change my mind. Gaza IS occupied. It is occupied by a bunch of cut throats who push their own allies off rooftops. And don't throw around "international law". If there was international law you would not have Castro in Cuba, akhoonds in Iran, Russians in Ukraine and Hamas in Gaza. Don't whitewash Hamas either. Their charter includes destruction of Israel. When did they chafe that? What they say on CNN doesn't matter.

Feb 22, 2005
I love how Israel the occupier (with nuclear bomb, F16, M6 and a super strong military) cries victim against rock throwers for decades. While building settlements and taking their lands away.

Then decades go by and they make toy missile, and Israel comes back and says, see told you and go back on massacring.

The only thing that has never changed for decades is the occupier and the occupied.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
How does Israel silent the missiles?
You stop them by blowing them out of the sky. All the other gobbldegook you mentioned has not worked and will never work. Hamas consider all of Israel as occupied territory. They are not interested in YOUR definition. And those tunnels. You purposely make no distinction between the tunnels into Egypt and those dug solely for raiding Israeli border towns. Those tunnels are not built to ship fruits and vegetable to Israel.

You claim you are not a Hamas supporter. OK, come out here and state you approve of Israel blowing up tunnels under their territory.

Feb 22, 2005
So, they take over the lands determined as the Palastinian lands by the International community, and they ethnic cleanse and push into a small pocket called Gaza and then make it a prison by putting a seige around then and making it an open prison. And that to you is giving lands back? Hopefully, if it happens to Iran, you would not think the same.

When jews were being prosecuted, there were many Nazi sympathizers just like you running around and justifying the actions. They took the side of the injustice. And you are no different doing the same. Every occupier in the history has always had their good reasons to take over. And while killing, putting good public relations. And they have always been people like you who bought what they were told by the occupiers allowing massacres. Think about it.

Get Israel to stop building settlements and come to negotiate for peace and giving the occupied lands designated by UN back. That is the only way. Taking lands away and then screaming foul and killing the people who fight back is what you are doing.

Thakfully, your thinking is shared only by small percentage of the world. Especially outside of the US who they have not been brainwashed by the media.

Fine, in that case Israel should not give back an inch more because whatever she does doesn't count. Allow me to change my mind. Gaza IS occupied. It is occupied by a bunch of cut throats who push their own allies off rooftops. And don't throw around "international law". If there was international law you would not have Castro in Cuba, akhoonds in Iran, Russians in Ukraine and Hamas in Gaza. Don't whitewash Hamas either. Their charter includes destruction of Israel. When did they chafe that? What they say on CNN doesn't matter.

Feb 22, 2005
Unfortunately, you are too brainwashed by Fox and Israel lobbying pro Israel media. Your thinking and that of Netanyhu is horrible for the state of Israel. You just have to look at the world support. Just like Apartheid, Israel is getting more isolated and now has only part of US as ally, and it is not a good way to go. Pressure will mount. You can't occupy lands and then come up with all kinds of stories to justify your actions. You can fool yourself.

Listen to Israeli non right wing and what they say. You are more right wing than Netanyahu and Sharon. I suggest you join IDF so you can go on killing children youself.

You stop them by blowing them out of the sky. All the other gobbldegook you mentioned has not worked and will never work. Hamas consider all of Israel as occupied territory. They are not interested in YOUR definition. And those tunnels. You purposely make no distinction between the tunnels into Egypt and those dug solely for raiding Israeli border towns. Those tunnels are not built to ship fruits and vegetable to Israel.

You claim you are not a Hamas supporter. OK, come out here and state you approve of Israel blowing up tunnels under their territory.

Feb 22, 2005
If the rest of the world, and UN, and many in US tells you differently than comment below, perhaps, you, who has been isolated and getting all your news from the occupier and their supporting Fox News would think twice about it. But unfortunately, you go on just blindly taking what they tell you.

Gaza is Egyptian land and the West Bank belonged to Jordan. Go talk to them.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
This is the kind of immature reaction you'd expect from someone who looks at this tragedy in terms of a game. If you are occupying and harassing a people, you can't turn around and feign victimhood. The only way Gaza will be unoccupied is when Israel completely leave it and let the Palestinians do whatever they want as an independent state.

At best, you can say both parties are breaking international law; at worst you have to accept one side is the far bigger transgressor and is practising genocide. The Hamas charter is just a cheap fallback for a talking point by Israeli mouthpieces. While they may have been fervent in the past (the charter was drafted more than 20 years ago), they no longer are so: Aziz Dwaik, who is the most senior rep in the West Bank, has already said that Hamas has accepted Israel’s right to exist and would be prepared to nullify its charter. In any event, Israel has no reason to fear anyone in the Arab states; they are stronger militarily than the rest of the arab nations combined.

Whatever games you want to play with this discussion; right now it is the Israelis that are stopping this tragedy from ending. The Palestinians know they will never have the might to challenge Israel, all they want is their homes now. But even then, just watch the Israelis stoke the flames by being unreasonable with regards to boundaries and settlements, etc, as they have been many times before. This game is old. The international community has been condemning Israel for a long time now, the Americans should (and are becoming more inclined to) do the same.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
I've just read about the current death toll:

Palestinians: 1,831 deaths (about 3/4 civilians)
Israelis: 67 deaths (majority are soldiers)