TM Iran Information Thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iran should have no problems qualifying out of this group, and they will be good for a win in the round of 16.
I question with GN at the helm, will they go further than the QF. What are they going to do when they face one of the better teams
like Japan, Korea or Australia? Maybe they just have him for the Asian Cup because he will come cheap. I don't see GN being the coach
for WC 2026.

Feb 4, 2005
Iran should have no problems qualifying out of this group, and they will be good for a win in the round of 16.
I question with GN at the helm, will they go further than the QF. What are they going to do when they face one of the better teams
like Japan, Korea or Australia? Maybe they just have him for the Asian Cup because he will come cheap. I don't see GN being the coach
for WC 2026.
Assuming both Iran and Korea top their respective groups, they will face beatable opponents in first knockout round. Then they meet each other in QF. Close game.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Assuming both Iran and Korea top their respective groups, they will face beatable opponents in first knockout round. Then they meet each other in QF. Close game.
That is going to be about as 50/50 as it gets. Korea are SLIGHTLY the #2 favorites. I believe Japan are #1 at 25 % they are clearly the best team. Korea is 2 at 15 and Iran is 3 at 14. Then Australia has an outside shot with 10% at #4
Now If and this is a big if, Iran can get past Korea, in the QF, they can go far. I have not seen how the brackets are set up. Hopefully, Japan will be on the other side, and we could meet them in the finals. Japan is going to be tough for anyone to beat, they beat good teams like Germany and Turkey by a combined score of 8-3.
Honestly, I am not too worried about GN, Iran just need the substitute teacher so they can get on the bus., They really are plug and play, ready. If our triangle of Taremi, Azmoun and Jahanbaksh are on point. the sky is the limit. If one of them have an off day, especially against Son and company, we are going to be in for a long day.

Feb 4, 2005
Japan did struggle against Vietnam in their first match by falling behind 2-1. They did recover and won 4-2.

ولى اين بازى هيچى از ارزشهايه تيم ژاپن كم نميكنه
If anything it was a timely shock to them to take every game very seriously. They have been above Asian teams level in the last 10 years or so and have got better and better

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
If anything it was a timely shock to them to take every game very seriously. They have been above Asian teams level in the last 10 years or so and have got better and better
It will be a great match , facing Korea and hopefully Japan , with great teams with top players and well organised and looked after .
Let's see if we can give them a good battle and beat them , some of our players have the character and ability to fair well against them .

We have a great keeper and terrific upfront, but I think the main battle is in midfield where they can hurt us , if we can do well ij midfield and our defence keep it tight we have a chance .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
for WC 2026.
This is Ghalenois 's test of character and technical ability .
He has been quite successful in local leagues but this is different level and if he can deliver then who knows...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Individually Iran has good players but the team didn't play good football. I don't think this team can win anything. But this is Asian football lol

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
This is Ghalenois 's test of character and technical ability .
He has been quite successful in local leagues but this is different level and if he can deliver then who knows...
@Payandeh Iran
With IRAQ upsetting Japan, things HARDER for Iran. in the 2nd round #1 Korea will play against #2 Japan and most likely Japan will advance and in the
QF play vs #1 Iran. We thought Iran Japan would be a finals match but it might be a QF.
IF Galinoie is successful in beating Japan and Iran passes the QF and that is (A BIG IF)
then Galinoie should get SOME respect.
Currently he had success at the local level but he failed in his first stint with TM. This is his 2nd chance, many people don't get it.
The eyes of a nation will be on GN. Can he beat Japan? I don't think so but if he does and Iran go through, he might be the coach, longer than we think.
I knew that Iraq upset was coming. Iraq ALWAYS gives tams like Iran, Japan, and Korea, 90-120 minutes of PURE HELL.

Japan players are comfortable and getting paid in Europe. They care more about other things, like dying their hair blonde vs concentrating on the game.
Iraq on the other hand are 1- playing for their country and 2- playing to get noticed by European clubs. I am KICKING myself for not putting a $100 fun bet on Iraq, I would have cleaned house. They can be a dark horse because Iraq are also a tall team, like Iran. Maybe not win it all but Iraq can go far.