WC2022, who is going?

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I have applied for tickets. I chose tix in category 1 ( the best) seats and "IRAN TST4" which includes 3 early stage games plus the round of 16 game for Iran. The cost per person is around $1000. I also applied for the final game in category 3 ( second least expensive) which is $600 per person. The drawing will be on March 8 and I will be notified if i won.
The next hurdle is hotels, if I want to stay there from Nov. 21 to final day (December 18th) I would be spending lot of money for hotel. I might cut it short after the round of 16th game, come back and watch it on TV, but I hate to do it. What is your plan? who is going?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You are so lucky! I have so much work at that time, I am not sure I can even watch all the games on TV. I will surely make time to watch Iran's games though.

Enjoy your time there. Must be very pleasant to be in Qatar at that time of the year.

Ps. What if Iran doesn't qualify to the round of 16? What will happen to your ticket?

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
You are so lucky! I have so much work at that time, I am not sure I can even watch all the games on TV. I will surely make time to watch Iran's games though.

Enjoy your time there. Must be very pleasant to be in Qatar at that time of the year.

Ps. What if Iran doesn't qualify to the round of 16? What will happen to your ticket?
I was in UAE for the asian games in 2019, I bought tix for semi final and the final, hoping Iran will go to the final. After they screwed up against Japan, I first tried to sell my tix which didn't work, then I went to the final and we had fun with Japanese fans. Our seats were right in the middle of the Japanese fans base.

Attachments

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I was in UAE for the asian games in 2019, I bought tix for semi final and the final, hoping Iran will go to the final. After they screwed up against Japan, I first tried to sell my tix which didn't work, then I went to the final and we had fun with Japanese fans. Our seats were right in the middle of the Japanese fans base.
Ok so the point is, your ticket is for a game in the round of 16, despite if Iran qualifies or not.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
In Russia it was like that in the 2nd round, it was a game in round of 16. Then, you would teade your ticket with somebody else so say you got Argentina and the Argentinan got your Iran tickrt. I think I will sit Qatar out,. WC 2026 will be in ny backyard North America. Also with the panemic still losing, idk if it is a good idea. Finally, not much to do in Qatar, If you have relatives i guess it is cool. I gave no desire to go back to the Middle East.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
UAE was cool Kian Pars. if the tournament were in United Arab Emirates I would probably go. They are very open. You coild even drink in the hotels if you’re Christian or go to the liquor store and
ig alcohol. There were things I wanted to do there like a go to the indoor skiing in their famous small. Borj al Khalifa.
I don’t know anything about Qatar, I don’t have any friends in that country or know the rules. I think they are moderates. if the tournament were in UAE you I would probably go because I have friends there. That is the only ME country i would go back to.
Other than that, once you’ve been spoiled by UAE you’ve seen the best of the best so notjing stacks uo. of course hear Qsrar is also mice.
unless you like riding ATVs and going off routing on the Sandune‘s or you have family there; i don’t know what a westerner would do in Qarar. I would probably be bored to tears. there are plenty of things to do in Abu Dhabi and Dubai;
I don’t know aboutDoha. I do hear that the Qatari a mirror that they have is more of a moderate so that is good.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
UAE was cool Kian Pars. if the tournament were in United Arab Emirates I would probably go. They are very open. You coild even drink in the hotels if you’re Christian or go to the liquor store and
ig alcohol. There were things I wanted to do there like a go to the indoor skiing in their famous small. Borj al Khalifa.
I don’t know anything about Qatar, I don’t have any friends in that country or know the rules. I think they are moderates. if the tournament were in UAE you I would probably go because I have friends there. That is the only ME country i would go back to.
Other than that, once you’ve been spoiled by UAE you’ve seen the best of the best so notjing stacks uo. of course hear Qsrar is also mice.
unless you like riding ATVs and going off routing on the Sandune‘s or you have family there; i don’t know what a westerner would do in Qarar. I would probably be bored to tears. there are plenty of things to do in Abu Dhabi and Dubai;
I don’t know aboutDoha. I do hear that the Qatari a mirror that they have is more of a moderate so that is good.
Thanks for the reply, we need more info from people who have been to Qatar. I heard they will loosen rules for drinking and stuff. How can they control the Brazilian girls there?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I checked the FIFA website, these are prices for IRAN TST4 package per person:
Category 1---> 3740 QAR = $1027.19
Category 2 ---> 2805 QAR = $770.39
Category 3---> 1210 QAR = $332.33
So, where did you get the price of $800 for 2?
You are right. I meant per person. Just because I was inquiring for two I wrote for 2. My bad.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Kian Pars They will look the other way for the World Cup. Now I have not been to Qatar but I have had friends who had gone there.
I will bet you anything that
1- They will have a designated drinking zone for fans during the World Cup.
2-Girls from Brazil or other countreis, will be able to dress however they want, and the police will look the other way.
3- From the information I gathered from my freidns who have gone to Qatar

1- Unless you have some relitives or family, there is not much to o in Qatar. Now of course you will have the World Cup, but I guarantee you it won't be nearly as fun as Germany, Russia or from what I hear Brazil. There is WAY more things to do in those countries. Now it was smart of FIFA to move the games to winter so they could play the games outdoors. There was no way in hell you were able to get away with that in the summer. For those of you guys going, I wish you guys success and good times. You will get memories that will last you a lifetime. I WILL FOR SURE be in World Cup 2026, which will be in my own backyard. Even if Iran doesn't make it (which i think they will). I could still watch Germany and or hopefully Russia.

I think though more people here who have been to Qatar could answer better, I've been to UAE and just "around the region' but I have not actually been there. You should be safe, there shouldn' be any fear of getting kidnapped or something like that. I am sure they are going to have security up the wazoo for the World Cup. It is a major tournament, and they are pretty moderate and open as is, they will open up some more. I hope this helps good information on the pricing. Looks like getting the tickets are not too expensive, it is always just being able to get the tickets and the luck of the draw. Does anyone know when they will be doing the draw for the tickets? I guess the games are still going on so not yet.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
@Kian Pars They will look the other way for the World Cup. Now I have not been to Qatar but I have had friends who had gone there.
I will bet you anything that
1- They will have a designated drinking zone for fans during the World Cup.
2-Girls from Brazil or other countreis, will be able to dress however they want, and the police will look the other way.
3- From the information I gathered from my freidns who have gone to Qatar

1- Unless you have some relitives or family, there is not much to o in Qatar. Now of course you will have the World Cup, but I guarantee you it won't be nearly as fun as Germany, Russia or from what I hear Brazil. There is WAY more things to do in those countries. Now it was smart of FIFA to move the games to winter so they could play the games outdoors. There was no way in hell you were able to get away with that in the summer. For those of you guys going, I wish you guys success and good times. You will get memories that will last you a lifetime. I WILL FOR SURE be in World Cup 2026, which will be in my own backyard. Even if Iran doesn't make it (which i think they will). I could still watch Germany and or hopefully Russia.

I think though more people here who have been to Qatar could answer better, I've been to UAE and just "around the region' but I have not actually been there. You should be safe, there shouldn' be any fear of getting kidnapped or something like that. I am sure they are going to have security up the wazoo for the World Cup. It is a major tournament, and they are pretty moderate and open as is, they will open up some more. I hope this helps good information on the pricing. Looks like getting the tickets are not too expensive, it is always just being able to get the tickets and the luck of the draw. Does anyone know when they will be doing the draw for the tickets? I guess the games are still going on so not yet.
Thanks for the info. Believe me, I don't set the bar high, I have been in UAE, there is no sightseeing in Qatar either. All what we will do is , wake up ,have breakfast, watch football, eat, go sleep. I wish I could have stayed for the whole moth, but it's not feasible, the hotel cost wil be sky rocketing, and honestly, little bit boring to be there for a month.
Regarding the time of getting the tix, the site say we will be notified by 3/8 if we won tix, I also requested that I'm open to other tix combinations, in case we don't win the drawing.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Kian Pars Oh well if you are talking about the hotel prices in both places, they are astronomical. When my dad was in Dubai, he was in a penthouse, and it was easily $12,000 a month. The dining table could fit 18 people and it was over 2000 sqft. In Abu Dabi he still got hooked up with a nice 2 br in a hotel but it was about thali the size. You don't want to know how much the daily rate for the five-star hotels there and the 4 stars are not much cheaper.
Now I did just use the World Cup prices factor as well.
Looks like across the board, everything is more expensive in Dubai vs Doha and right both cities are similar my friend, there is not much to do. IN Abu Dabi, I would go to Tiger Club boxing gym and workout or swim, ate, and of course watched football. Anyways, don't set the bar too high but hopefully, Iran will get out of the group stages. Well, 6th time is the charm.
https://livingcost.org/cost/doha/dubai