WC2022, who is going?

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
The ticketing portal is now closed. What’s next?
That's the title of the email I got today, now we have to sit tight and hope for the best(no earlier than March 8th)
I applied for 3 tix for the final game, but I changed my mind, I don't think I will stay in Qatar for 1 month, so hoping that I can sell those tix to football crazy Brazilian or German fans and get a part of my cost back.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I did not receive any news either! :-(
Today, when I went to my tickets application, it was saying "unsuccessful", right now the whole application is deleted.
I guess the sales phase 2 will be first come first serve and the ticket are much more expensive.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Today got an email:
Ticket application unsuccessful – FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Thank you for your interest in FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ tickets. We regret to inform you that, due to the high demand for tickets during the random selection draw sales period of Sales Phase (1), your ticket application was unsuccessful. As a result, no tickets have been allocated to you.

We hope that this does not deter you from applying for tickets in upcoming sales periods and securing your seat at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022!

Next opportunity to purchase tickets

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
It's never a bad idea to plan ahead, so, now that I have not allocated any tickets and waiting for the next round drawing, I was wondering if anybody has been to Qatar or knows where is the best place to get the hotel, like neighborhoods, persian restaurants nearby, hotel pricing ( even though nothing is being announced but you can check out hotels and appartments, see pics of rooms).

Last edited:

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
THIS FROM FIFA.COM:

From 23 March 2022 at 11:00 CET/13:00 Doha time till 29 March 2022 at 11:00 CET / 12:00 (midday) Doha time, fans can apply again for tickets for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. Three types of tickets will be made available during this sales period of Sales Phase (1): Individual Match Tickets (IMTs), Team Specific Ticket Series (TSTs), and Four-Stadium Ticket Series (FSTs). Please visit the section “Ticket Products” for more information.
This First Come First Served sales period of Sales Phase (1) starts on 23 March 2022 at 11:00 CET / 13:00 Doha time and will end on 29 March 2022 at 11:00 CET / 12:00 (midday) Doha time. Tickets are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis subject to availability, and applicants may purchase tickets online at any time during the entire sales period. Ticket purchases are processed as a real-time transaction. Tickets will be allocated directly to the ticket applicants after payment is received, and they will immediately receive a confirmation email. We advise football fans to place their application as soon as the sales period opens, on 23 March 11H CET / 13H Doha time, as tickets will likely sell out quickly.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
The most pathetic system I have ever seen buying tickets.
Waited until 3 am last night, got into queue fo 1 hour, then it threw me out,
Today, I got into queue for 2 hours, the team specific tickets for IRAN are all "currently not available", are we cursed? or are we so VAHSHI and stormed the FIFA website like we stormed Mesi's FB site?