WCQ 2018: Uzbekistan-Iran(06.10.2016) & Iran-South Korea(11.10..2016) | Updates, Reports

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Son is in great form and will probably win both games for them.
If both Iran and SK beat their respective rivals I guarantee you both coaches will be sitting back and we will witness a boring game ending 0-0. However, I think Iran will fail to get three points from Uzbeks (hopefully I am wrong) and Koreans will beat Qatar and that means CQ will try to get three points from Korea (very exciting match to watch). I don't think SK will beat us not that they can't but rather they don't need it, well unless they lose to Qatar or tie with them.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Why have the Koreans settled for 2nd-rate crappy managers ever since that excuse for a World Cup in 2002? As soon as Hiddink left everything went to shit for them.

Son is in great form and will probably win both games for them.

Even Tokhmiset team of Korea always manage to make it to WC. If i am not wrong they never missed the WC since 86... They will make it again this time, they need the better coach in WC as you said though.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Uzbk game is a crucial game.. Losing this game will cost us huge. worse case we should get a tie here. I hope we win but I am not sure if we can.. Last time we won there it was just pure luck.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Uzbk game is a crucial game.. Losing this game will cost us huge. worse case we should get a tie here. I hope we win but I am not sure if we can.. Last time we won there it was just pure luck.
True, and add to that last time they failed to advance due to goal difference only and with Taasouaa atmosphere and talk created by regime i doubt we do well against Korea, hope i am wrong.

Oct 18, 2010
iran is a slight favorite in the uzbekistan match according to bookies.
so i don't think they will lose it.trust in carlos and bet on iran.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Last match(friendly) between Iran and Uzbekistan(Last year), we won with Torabi's goal but Uzbeks had better scoring chances..

[video=youtube;6QjT2jwqEZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjT2jwqEZM[/video]

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Last match(friendly) between Iran and Uzbekistan(Last year), we won with Torabi's goal but Uzbeks had better scoring chances..

Uzbekistan plays really well! I think the only reason they win less or don't score against us is because of less experience! I think it's just a matter of time before they will be extremely hard, not to lose to! Unless we get our act together!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Uzbekistan plays really well! I think the only reason they win less or don't score against us is because of less experience! I think it's just a matter of time before they will be extremely hard, not to lose to! Unless we get our act together!
They usually rely on set pieces like us, majority of their goals come from set pieces. Their D is quite slow and overall they are not a fast transition team, but they win lots of battles in midfielder. They have like 2-3 players who are explosive(Sardor Rashidov, Alexander Geynrikh, Odil Ahmedov) , but Ahmedov who plays in Russia is out due to injury.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002

Torabi is a jewel. He keeps his cool like european players when he gets the opportunity to score.
IMO we are lucky to go to Tashkent in early October, in a month from now it will be Taiga cold. I will be happy if we draw.