Who will go to next round?

Aug 13, 2003
Your point about the players' stamina is valid, but what do you mean by Argentina's scoring several goals againts Iran? ? More than five goals?
I don't undestand why a draw in Iran-Nigeria match would motivate the Argentine side to score more goals against Iran. A draw in Iran-Nigeria match would be adavantagous and comforting to Argentina as long they win their match against Bosnia before encountering Iran.
Because Nigeria is a MUCH better team. I saw them play, they are pound by pound VERY strong and VERY fit. Incredible leg muscles. Incredible upper body like a rock. All these will come to play to their advantage. Therefore, if we tie them, this could make Argentinians to play their top level match against Iran. Which is BAD. Very BAD. But lets not talk ahead of ourselves. Right now Iran has several problems. Fitness and the Defense. If they are not 100 percent fixed, our discussion is pointless.

Aug 13, 2003
Yes, I agree with Chin. It looks like everybody is caught up with the World Cup fever and think of next round this and next round that. Bottom line, a nation team become a powerful team when its domestic league can produce quality players. Right now ours doesn't. At the Asian club level we don't have anything to say. Most of domestic coaches are from the antic era and have not evolved. Mullah/Mafia/pasdar control our domectic clubs and it can't get as backward as it can. On top of that you have the world sanctions imposed for decades that has put a stop on everything. So there you have it. It is a trickle down backwardness at all levels. Now you want to talk next round? The best answer to predict our chances in the world cup should be the simplest answer to think of. And thats what Chin predicted.

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
I also believe TM will get eliminated. We have just very incompetent people running the federation except Quieroz. But one man cant do much though.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe you guys have not seen these but Iran have actually played Nigeria before France world cup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_C84ZmcMw[video=youtube;5M_C84ZmcMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_C84ZmcMw[/video]
Ans Iran have tied Argentine before world cup 78. 1-1
Ok I'm not even going to talk about 1972 but as for the 1998 those are entirely different teams I'm not saying Iran can't beat Nigeria but nobody on that 98 Nigeria and Iran team is still playing. What I am trying to say is that is ancient history. I hope that TM goes to the 2nd round and I think we will have a decent showing I can see us getting a surprise W and maybe a tie against Bosnia but somehow like on goal differential we will get eliminated. Nigeria just tied against Mexico and the stadium in US was packed with Mexico supporters. Even without their euro based stars they are no chumps but we have one KEY ADVANTAGE. If the climate affects Nigeria that would be our best chance to steal that W and I think we will do well and get points but we won't advance.

I hope I am wrong.

May 12, 2007
Ok I'm not even going to talk about 1972 but as for the 1998 those are entirely different teams I'm not saying Iran can't beat Nigeria but nobody on that 98 Nigeria and Iran team is still playing. What I am trying to say is that is ancient history. I hope that TM goes to the 2nd round and I think we will have a decent showing I can see us getting a surprise W and maybe a tie against Bosnia but somehow like on goal differential we will get eliminated. Nigeria just tied against Mexico and the stadium in US was packed with Mexico supporters. Even without their euro based stars they are no chumps but we have one KEY ADVANTAGE. If the climate affects Nigeria that would be our best chance to steal that W and I think we will do well and get points but we won't advance.

I hope I am wrong.
I posted this for those WHO think Iran will lose with 10 goals. The nigerian team was the team WHO eleminated spain.
I think when we play Nigeria they don't know us. I think CQ have planned how play them and Iran will do it's best to win that game so If Iran gets point It will be against Nigeria.
What I predict will happen is Iran wins Nigeria. Nigeria wins Bosnia but Bosnia wins Iran. I can't predict WHO will go II round.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I posted this for those WHO think Iran will lose with 10 goals. The nigerian team was the team WHO eleminated spain.
I think when we play Nigeria they don't know us. I think CQ have planned how play them and Iran will do it's best to win that game so If Iran gets point It will be against Nigeria.
What I predict will happen is Iran wins Nigeria. Nigeria wins Bosnia but Bosnia wins Iran. I can't predict WHO will go II round.
I think that as well but I am not quite ready to throw in the towel against Bosnia I was not impressed with a few of their games I watched and they are very suspect in defense, this has been chronicled many times see Bosnia USA and Bosnia Egypt. I also remember that 98 Spain team and yes Nigeria eliminated them that Spain team had potential but they woke up too late. I could see a possibility that we beat Nigeria 1-0, tie with Bosnia 1-1 and lose to Argentina but Bosnia also ties with us and beats Nigeria with a slightly bigger margin or loses to Argentina better and we have the same points as Bosnia 4 but we still don't advance however we play honorably.

May 12, 2007
I think that as well but I am not quite ready to throw in the towel against Bosnia I was not impressed with a few of their games I watched and they are very suspect in defense, this has been chronicled many times see Bosnia USA and Bosnia Egypt. I also remember that 98 Spain team and yes Nigeria eliminated them that Spain team had potential but they woke up too late. I could see a possibility that we beat Nigeria 1-0, tie with Bosnia 1-1 and lose to Argentina but Bosnia also ties with us and beats Nigeria with a slightly bigger margin or loses to Argentina better and we have the same points as Bosnia 4 but we still don't advance however we play honorably.
Most of these friendly games are planned to test few players specially the defense. Bosnia is working on their defense they don't care if they win. The result is not important. The Bosnia you will see in World cup is different. Our advantage is that we play them in the last game. If djekov can't play that day they will have no theath. But if Dejagah can't play we can use khalatbari and he is also good. Our team is more reflexsiv.
Bosnia has 3 top player that lift the team. If they are marked the Bosnia is at level q8.

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
Why? Based on what logics or reason do you believe that the Nigerians dont prepare themselves for their opponents?
The team TM is changing every day. Azmoun is now invited to TM. No one knows which goal keeper Iran will use. Will Dejagar play right or left? Jahan bakhsh may play may not. Will we use khalatbari or shojaei? No one knows these. Once we have played Nigeria the others will know.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
So you are basically implying that this team is completely bi daro peykar to that extend that a few weeks before the WC, no one really knows where he belongs to, no one really knows his position....right? Few weeks before the WC this team still doesnt know who is gonna keep the goal. All those things would be a bigger problem for the IR team than for its opponents and if you say they know their positions but would just try to keep it secret than i have to tell you that other teams are not from "poshte kooh" either.

However, i mean even if true, that would still make no difference as this team generally doesnt have the quality to surprise anyone or catch anyone off guard. Nigerians however will be prepared just like CQ will do his best to watch tapes and analyse his opponents. At the end of the day though, they all will have to meet each other on the field, without tape, analysis, talk, bla bla...at the end of the day you will have to make use of your legs, brains and talents and the IR team is not very blessed in any of those regards.

May 12, 2007
So you are basically implying that this team is completely bi daro peykar to that extend that a few weeks before the WC, no one really knows where he belongs to, no one really knows his position....right? Few weeks before the WC this team still doesnt know who is gonna keep the goal...
Not at all. Analyzing Iran is difficult. Try to write down WHO will play for Iran in the game against Nigeria. you can't.

Aug 13, 2003
The team TM is changing every day. Azmoun is now invited to TM. No one knows which goal keeper Iran will use. Will Dejagar play right or left? Jahan bakhsh may play may not. Will we use khalatbari or shojaei? No one knows these. Once we have played Nigeria the others will know.
We need to play Defense and crowd our half Against all the three teams. Put couple of guys on Messi and 'try' to take him out of his game. Slow down the pace. Try counter offense with one fast guys upfront. That is the only way. If we try to 'play' pretty football, we will lose the match during the first half. We have to do something out of the ordinary in order to change the outcome. We should not care if it will be an ugly football to watch. That is the only way. Put 5 guys on D 4 guys in the middle and 1 guy up front. If a miracle happens and we lose by one goal against argentina, you can consider this a triumph. Samething against Nigeria and Bosnia. If we tie Nigeria and Bosnia, goal differential can help us make history to move to the next round. The key word here is to play 'ugly defensive 'football and make OTHER teams frustrated. If CQ can change our boys mentality and make themselves BELIEVE in themselves, then HOPE can do good things for us.

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
There is no hope dude lol. Our football sucks, its hard to admit yeh i know but one must acept reality. I just feel sorry for Quieroz, he really wants iran to succeed but doesnt know the behind scenes.