Women's WC

Feb 4, 2005
Honesty and saf o sadegi as Chinaski said are highlights of women's football and that is where the puck (or in this case ball stops). To my surprise I have watched 4-5 games and except France the rest are crap!

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
You know what I like about Women's football?

Unlike these faggy 'superstars' in men's football, they don't celebrate their goals in the kiri-est way possible. It's ironic because these are women and they're supposed to be more expressive, but no, they mostly behave like normal humans after scoring goals.

I have no idea who is going to put a stop to these gay, ugly and unmanly goal celebrations that the biggest players in football have learned, but I hope to live to see it.

A true athlete should score, smile (or not) and congratulate his teammates (like they do in volleyball or basketball), not these fucked up theatricals we witness in every game.
That's because they don't get the exposure like men's football players. If they have a decent fan base, sponsorships , somewhat full stadiums then it would be different. Its the same in NFL , NBA , and other big leagues , players celebrate its not jut tied into football. They are trying to change things though like having women teams and players in EA FIFA16 but I don't think it will ever get big.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Honesty and saf o sadegi as Chinaski said are highlights of women's football and that is where the puck (or in this case ball stops). To my surprise I have watched 4-5 games and except France the rest are crap!
Yeah, the game is slow and i dont like slow football games, when i compare todays football with what i used to watch in the late 70 or early 80s, its a lot faster and i like fast pace of todays football. Some of these female teams would spank a few IPL teams asses though.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
so true, there is so much less diving and drama in women's football. On average, they are a lot tougher than their fruity male counterparts.

I enjoy watching their games, especially the U.S. and French teams. Canada can't string 4 passes together in offense, otherwise I'd watch them too.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That's because they don't get the exposure like men's football players. If they have a decent fan base, sponsorships , somewhat full stadiums then it would be different. Its the same in NFL , NBA , and other big leagues , players celebrate its not jut tied into football. They are trying to change things though like having women teams and players in EA FIFA16 but I don't think it will ever get big.
Maybe not as much as men's exposure but hey USA gets plenty of high ratings, the USA Women's team could act like the men but they know all eyes are on them and a few other power countries ie Germay so they behave. BTW was not impressed with USA's performance but I was with England's.
I expect USA to beat China despite missing two players and I expect Germany to beat France and there will be the collision everyone is expecting USA and Germany and I think Germany advances to the finals. USA has a good defense but their offense is taking a step back. This is probably the passing of the torch from Wamback to Rampino/Morgan. Their offense should improve but I don't see them lifting up the cup. Germany looked really good they destroyed Sweden and they had a #5 ranking and now they get #3 France then the winner of two top ten's USA v China. (USA is a top 3 and China is in the top 10. Fifa didn't place the groups by ranking they placed it by which group of fans they thought would go to the cities and watch so that is why Germany got the unlucky draw.

Oh and dirty team of the year award China and Wei, Yao the jagoff in the CHN V NZ game got kicked out for time wasting when he didn't give the ball back to the NZ girl and shielded it away from her. The players also were time wasting. I could understand England going to the corner against Norway when they went up 2-1 but the Chinese girls and the coach took it to Bahrain status. I defiantly don't want them to win. That is probably the one time I would route for USA is against China. Oh and although it wasn't impressive the Columbian girl who was running her mouth just shut up. If you haven't even scored A GOAL against a team then don't run your mouth saying the other team talks a lot, that makes you look stupid and look like the team that talks a lot, even if the other team actually talks a lot. USA has a lot of reps with the media so the girls handled it like a pros.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I have actually been drawn to this competition more and more with every match. In the past it used to be funny watching women's football because it wasn't very good and the goalie's specially were awful. But in this competition the standards have really gone up. There are some fantastic individual skills and passing has improved big time, specially in tight spaces.
Germany are very strong as are France and USA. Germany vs France next will be a very interesting game. I will be watching.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Maybe not as much as men's exposure but hey USA gets plenty of high ratings, the USA Women's team could act like the men but they know all eyes are on them and a few other power countries ie Germay so they behave. BTW was not impressed with USA's performance but I was with England's.
I expect USA to beat China despite missing two players and I expect Germany to beat France and there will be the collision everyone is expecting USA and Germany and I think Germany advances to the finals. USA has a good defense but their offense is taking a step back. This is probably the passing of the torch from Wamback to Rampino/Morgan. Their offense should improve but I don't see them lifting up the cup. Germany looked really good they destroyed Sweden and they had a #5 ranking and now they get #3 France then the winner of two top ten's USA v China. (USA is a top 3 and China is in the top 10. Fifa didn't place the groups by ranking they placed it by which group of fans they thought would go to the cities and watch so that is why Germany got the unlucky draw.

Oh and dirty team of the year award China and Wei, Yao the jagoff in the CHN V NZ game got kicked out for time wasting when he didn't give the ball back to the NZ girl and shielded it away from her. The players also were time wasting. I could understand England going to the corner against Norway when they went up 2-1 but the Chinese girls and the coach took it to Bahrain status. I defiantly don't want them to win. That is probably the one time I would route for USA is against China. Oh and although it wasn't impressive the Columbian girl who was running her mouth just shut up. If you haven't even scored A GOAL against a team then don't run your mouth saying the other team talks a lot, that makes you look stupid and look like the team that talks a lot, even if the other team actually talks a lot. USA has a lot of reps with the media so the girls handled it like a pros.
Actually the ratings in the US haven't been that good. Fox is getting okay ratings but there barely any coverage outside of that . 1999 was the year when women's soccer was at its peak in the US because of hosting it and winning it . And I do remember a US player taking off her shirt and celebrating in her sports bra (which caused a lot of backlash in the US media at the time) more "expressively" after making the winning PK to win it so yes when there are more people in the stadiums , the ratings are at its highest , and there is more fame & exposure involved players will celebrate more often and more "expressively" . And another reason why 1999 was the peak of women's soccer in the US was because the men's team was just awful after 1998 miserable WC performance but since then the MLS and the men's national team has vastly improved & there is better TV coverage of European leagues so more people understand the quality of the game and they understand women soccer is not as competitive so that's why the coverage is down.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Actually the ratings in the US haven't been that good. Fox is getting okay ratings but there barely any coverage outside of that . 1999 was the year when women's soccer was at its peak in the US because of hosting it and winning it . And I do remember a US player taking off her shirt and celebrating in her sports bra (which caused a lot of backlash in the US media at the time) more "expressively" after making the winning PK to win it so yes when there are more people in the stadiums , the ratings are at its highest , and there is more fame & exposure involved players will celebrate more often and more "expressively" . And another reason why 1999 was the peak of women's soccer in the US was because the men's team was just awful after 1998 miserable WC performance but since then the MLS and the men's national team has vastly improved & there is better TV coverage of European leagues so more people understand the quality of the game and they understand women soccer is not as competitive so that's why the coverage is down.
Chastain talking about the celebration.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...&age=1307025483&fr2=p:s,v:v&fr=yfp-t-700&tt=b
That player was Brandy Chastain and you bring up a fair point but like you said she got a lot of criticism for that and no US player did it since that incident You are right about the ratings though and the peak of women's football popularity was USA 1998.I couldn't post an image but here is a video. I'm sure if she could go back in time, she would do things differently but the girl just did something great at a world cup finals every girl dreams of winning the world cup and she did. Of course she was going to be a tad bit excited. Actually, I remember the US 98 finals against China because I was watching the finals from England. It was not a big deal, in fact they just showed HIGHLIGHTS of the finals in England, they didn't even show the match. As for the women's soccer and the men's yes the MLS defiantly helped team USA, they went from being one of the worst teams to they are now expected to get to the knockout stages, even out of a group of death.

As for the women, the ratings are down a bit but I see the quality improving. Back in 98 you had two good teams USA and China then you had Norway, Germany and Brazil but they were on the next tier down. Now you have five teams who can possibly win this USA, Germany, France, China and Japan. Ironically, four teams in the top 10 are in the left bracket and Japan has a walk in the park to the finals. All they need to do is go past Australia and get the winner of England/Canada(both teams are not that great). USA and Germany need to go through murderers row. Germany must do battle against #3 France and this is France's best team they are defensively the most fundamentally sound team in the tourney, next to the USA. Like the USA, they have question marks on offense but USA has more skilled players like Abby Wamback and Megan Rapino up front. On the left bracket I see USA playing Germany and I see Germany going through. On the right bracket I have Japan making it through the finals. I don't know who will they play I want to say England but Canada is the home team. England is better but Canada will have the home crowd. Finals Germany over Japan. Good call on Behrouz France is a good team I think this is France's best team but like USA, they are lacking on the offensive side of the ball but USA has more potential.

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
You know what I like about Women's football?

Unlike these faggy 'superstars' in men's football, they don't celebrate their goals in the kiri-est way possible. It's ironic because these are women and they're supposed to be more expressive, but no, they mostly behave like normal humans after scoring goals.

I have no idea who is going to put a stop to these gay, ugly and unmanly goal celebrations that the biggest players in football have learned, but I hope to live to see it.

A true athlete should score, smile (or not) and congratulate his teammates (like they do in volleyball or basketball), not these fucked up theatricals we witness in every game.
Why celebrating goals are being gay? There is nothing gay about them! Do you realize the amount of Testosterone produce in male body after scoring goals? Volleyball and Basketball are different and scoring is not that difficult unlike football/soccer that some games don't even have any goals. Plus you will never see any kind of fan base for female sports like the one for men's football. When Azizi scored that goal against Australia we all started running around like the headless chicken infront of our TV's let alone Azizi himself who didn't know what to do with himself or Estili when he started crying or Mahdavikia who started running the whole field any of us would have been the same.
All in all women's WC is a hype and an American way of pushing the issue trying mouth fed us with crappy level of sport that nobody really cares about!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I watched second half of Japan v. Holland and enjoyed every minute of it. Japanese in particular were really good.
The goalkeeper made one mistake but overall I see Japan as the best team on the right side of the bracket and I see Japan making it all the way through to the finals. They are stronger than the other three teams in that side of the group Australia, Canada and England. Now they lack the height of teams like USA, Germany, Norway and Sweden so they have to make up for it with their speed, technical skills and their heart. They have those three in abundance. Japan is NOT A ONE HIT WONDER, they are here to stay and if they just make it to another finals, they will establish themselves as one of the elite teams. Right now people are saying, "Yes but that was 4 years ago can they do it again? I think they got a nice draw and they can go very far. They might go farther than household names like USA and Germany one of those teams will be out, if not both(they still need to get past China and France respectively).

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think it'll be France-Japan in the final
I think France will get punked by Germany I like your Japan pick though but I have Germany v Japan and USA in the semi's I it going 3rd USA 2 Japan 1 Germany and I don't know who will win between England or Canada but they will lose to Japan. They have the easy table to go through. Germany, France, USA and China got the K*r table 4 teams in the top ten. Oh well I guess that happens from time to time.OH and yes it is not gay in American culture to slap someone close to you on the butt. I slap my cousins on the butt and they do the same to me boy/girl doesn't matter. If they started lezzing out in the middle of the pitch, now that would be gay.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Why celebrating goals are being gay? There is nothing gay about them! Do you realize the amount of Testosterone produce in male body after scoring goals? Volleyball and Basketball are different and scoring is not that difficult unlike football/soccer that some games don't even have any goals. Plus you will never see any kind of fan base for female sports like the one for men's football. When Azizi scored that goal against Australia we all started running around like the headless chicken infront of our TV's let alone Azizi himself who didn't know what to do with himself or Estili when he started crying or Mahdavikia who started running the whole field any of us would have been the same.
All in all women's WC is a hype and an American way of pushing the issue trying mouth fed us with crappy level of sport that nobody really cares about!
I have no problem with the celebrations but the extent of whining, diving, embarrassingly faggy moments in soccer is ridiculous. The guy gets touched on the shoulder and rolls around like he's just been tackled by a 500lb gorilla. There is no way of getting around this, there are so many, so many embarrassing moments in soccer.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
France really deserved against Germany but lost in penalty kicks. These two were amazing, shame they reach each other in 1/4 finals.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I have no problem with the celebrations but the extent of whining, diving, embarrassingly faggy moments in soccer is ridiculous. The guy gets touched on the shoulder and rolls around like he's just been tackled by a 500lb gorilla. There is no way of getting around this, there are so many, so many embarrassing moments in soccer.
I was only talking about celebration which I have no problems with of course those diving and whining moments are ugly and when I was a kid watching soccer there were much less of these play acting and the blame should be pointed at the federations which has not took tougher actions to stop it. This Copa America they banned Neymar for disrespecting the ref and the whole world calling for harsh punishments. But Jara also should be punished for his play acting to get Cavani sent off as well. Only tougher punishments would stop this.