Women's WC

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I have met Hope solo in Person in a promotion event in Massachusetts . lovely and friendly character
lol ya Hope Solo is not the most popular person to promote events, hell you might as well get Adrian Peterson or Ray Rice at this point.

As for Japan v England, POOR ENGLAND. I am not the type to cheer for the English but they played GREAT and I felt so bad for their best player Basset. Poor girl in the 93', one of England's best player, scores an own goal, after the English made a mistake on defense and Japan won 2-1. I knew they were going to keep it close and use their height to their advantage and they did just that. They were able to tie it up 1-1 with a header on(either it was a corner or a set piece like a free kick) they are experts at that. However, one key mistake on defense and you are done. They say football is the beautiful game will beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure those English girls don't think football is a beautiful game right now, in fact I"ll bet you they think it is a very ugly game. The Japanese girls think it is a beautiful game.

Anyways on to USA v Japan in the finals. Unlike last time, when Japan was riding the high of the Fukashima disaster, this year it is USA's to lose. Also, USA wants revenge and blood they lost to Japan in heartbreaking fashion Japan scores in OT and then beats USA on PK. I'm sure the US players are going to watch the tape of the game before the big game. I think Japan is a very technical and skilled team, you can't press them but they haven't gone up against an ELITE DEFENSE quite like USA. The only other team that has as good of a defense as USA or comparable is France and they got das boot by Germany so USA doesn't need to worry about them.
I say final score
USA 2 Japan 1.

Same score but this time the outcome will be different and USA will be the one with the 2.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well lol at least Japan got on the board nice job by #17 but Lloyd and USA are on fire 30th min 4-1 USA. USA is coming at Japan with revenge on their minds, ya think they are a little pissed off about the loss four years ago? lol.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Good tournament, USA really deserved it. Japan played with passion till the last moment.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Good tournament, USA really deserved it. Japan played with passion till the last moment.
I don't think it was a result of a lack of passion, I just think USA was on FIRE and FINALLY, they exploded on offense. Everyone knew USA had a good defense but they struggled on offense. In fact, they only scored 2 goals against 10 men(or I should say women) Columbia team. People were getting worried. This was the first time they scored four goals or more in over a year and they play some pretty crappy teams in the CONCACAF lol. There was not much Japan could do. I got to give Japan some credit though they were down 4-0 at one point but at least they were able to manage to put two goals (well one was an own goal) in the back of the net.

Oh super smart strategy by team USA. They won the coin flip and they took the shady side of the field. That mid field shot by Carlie Lloyd was a result of 2 things. 1 the Japanese GK was off her line and 2 she got blinded by that sun. A few sexy moves like that is sometimes the difference and that was a good move by the US coach. Now back to the world cup. I think we all knew that the Germany USA game was going to be the de-facto world cup finals, the winner of that game was going to win. Both Germany and USA are stronger than Japan and I would even say France is stronger as well. Don't forget, France just got a bad draw and had to contend with Germany in the quarter finals. USA and Germany also got bad draws and Japan got the good draw. Brazil got knocked out by Australia in the quarter finals so Japan had an easy march to the finals, compared to the gauntlet of China and Germany USA had to navigate through.