Women's WC

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If There was more of this Chick. I would gladly watch Female Football.

There is just no intensity in the game.

[video=youtube;UvEobeNfGcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEobeNfGcc[/video]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Canada lost at thome. Pretty sad to see England goes through. Canada is much better than England in my opinion.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Felt very bad about France losing in penalties. Not that Germany was a bad team, but France was something else. They also had some very skilled hotties!
Felt bad for them too, that is why in even AYSO they say to keep your arms tucked so that doesn't happen. I felt bad for Candada they played well but I knew England was going to Advance and nice win by Japan and USA. The biggest game of the tourney is coming up the two giants will collide Germany v USA. The Women's Soccer Power Index rating has Germany as a 57% favorite so USA will have an uphill battle. As for Japan v England, I will pick Japan because I have them losing to Germany in the finals.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Canada lost at thome. Pretty sad to see England goes through. Canada is much better than England in my opinion.
IDK dude both are tier two teams but what separates England from Canada is England is one step faster in their attacks. It's like Canada needs to think about it. Now the tier A teams Germany, USA, France, they can just fluidly not skip a beat and do it but with England it is a slight pause but Canada needs to improve on that. Anyways they fought back and at least they made it a game.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Felt very bad about France losing in penalties. Not that Germany was a bad team, but France was something else. They also had some very skilled hotties!
It seems that Gary Lineker's definition of football is universal, regardless of whether it's men or women:

Football is a game where 22 players run for 90 minutes and at the end the Germans win.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Lol Good god man I had a semi, until you showed the picture of the cow. Hope Solo and the German players ok the fat cow why man why? I had a semi now it's limp to quote AL Bundy" Peg, Marcy Killed it, you wounded it but Marcy killed it." haha.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
It seems that Gary Lineker's definition of football is universal, regardless of whether it's men or women:

Football is a game where 22 players run for 90 minutes and at the end the Germans win.
Specially the French and the English have been victims of this definition so often in history

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well first 15 min Possession USA 53 Germany 47 score 0-0. Good game both teams had chances. Germany 4-2-3-1 USA 4-4-1-1. Germany a few days ago played a 120 min game with France, they might have the heavier legs. USA might be able to get them but I think Germany is going to win it will be close. The power index has USA as underdogs 43% chance to win Germany 57%.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well that was a nice little rape the US did on Germany, I wouldn't go as far as to say butt rape because that is reserved for the Greeks and what Germany did to Brazil. This was a 2-0 loss but USA deserved to win, hats off ladies nice upset. This is only the 2nd time #1 met #2 last time was #1 USA v #2 China 98 finals. USA came out on top on both games but this time, the ladies were #2 and German ladies were the favorites 57/43, it wasn't even 55/45 so Germany was a decent favorite if you bet money on USA, in Vegas, you got a nice little return.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
USA slightly better than Germany -- Actually Germany started a very good second half but then that penalty loss destroyed them and Alex Morgan got a penalty which was outside the box.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yes but Sasic missed her chance the Germans had their chances and USA played better. I could argue France played slightly better against Germany, if it was not for a defensive error on the French defender sticking her hand in the box, they would not have given up the penalty and with their elite D they would have shut Germany down with the last 10 min. First half Germans attacked but 2nd half USA got things going, the call was questionable but Germans couldn't recover after going down 1-0. Give US credit they scored on another goal and played well when they had to and USA has a good D, I mentioned that earlier, their problem was offense well they got it going. This was the defacto finals Japan is good and so is England but USA or Germany is better. Last year Japan had the Fukashima trajedy and USA wants revenge(if Japan wins). England are the new girls in the big girl club, Japan is like, "been there, done that." Sawa will bring experience off the bench and leadership. Anyways USA should march on now they got out of a tough group you had to go through a stubborn , defensive, young and skilled plus counter and attack(when they need to)China team and a tough as nails Germany team and now you will most likely face technical and hard working Japan. That is what I call, the gauntlet. Just my perspective.
The thing is you don't need to play perfect for 90 min, you just need to play well in the key moments and Germany's mistake was they let USA hang around. They could have put the game to bed by scoring in the first half(almost). That would have put USA in panic mode and they would have been forced to chase the game and maybe Germany would have scored another to make it 2-0. Well that didn't happen, Germany couldn't capitalize on their chances and USA did, that much we can agree on mate.