World Cup qualifiers 2022/ Final Round/ Iran vs Syria(02-09-2021) & Iraq-Iran(06-09-2022)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
1978 World cup Iran got 1 point with 2 goals scored, Same group as Peru and Holland
- Holland went on to finish runner ups
- Peru eliminated in 2nd round

1998 Iran got 3 points and scored 2 goals, same group as Germany and Yugoslavia
- Germany eliminated in Quarter finals by Croatia
- Yugoslavia eliminated in Round of 16 by Holland

2006 Iran got 1 point with 2 goals scored, same group with Portugal and Mexico
- Portugal went on to finish 4th
- Mexico eliminated by Argentina in Round of 16

2014 Iran got 1 point, with 1 goal scored, Iran was in the same group as Argentina and Nigeria
- Argentina went on to finish runner ups
- Nigeria eliminated by France in Round of 16

2018 Iran got 4 points with 2 goals scored, same group as Spain and Portugal
- Spain was eliminated in round of 16
- Portugal was eliminated in round of 16

If we go with the performance of the teams in our group rather than their HISTORY, Iran had the easiest group in 2018 WC. Both teams (Spain and Portugal) failed to make it past Round of 16.
Of course, with football you can never compare things on paper, depends who they met, injuries etc. So take this "stat" with grain of salt.

I personally believe, we could quality out of our group in 2018 had we showed a bit more courage and attacking, I mean Morocco who we beat (some say we got lucky with the own goal) tied Spain!
We were extremely unlucky against Spain who scored a lucky goal.

In 78 we could have beaten Scotland and maybe didn't have to play do or die against Peru.
Incidentally the current argument about playing too defensive is what happened when we tried to play offensive against the copa America champion of the time and got torn apart with the help of referee as well.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
To khare ki bashi!?
You know .. I stop this right now ... because I am not in your class to start insulting people ....But my last word to you, don't bluff if you are not the man for something ... Leave, nothing will happen. Trust me.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
LOL
2021 team is 2018 CQ
1998 team is 1997 IVIC ...

So Germany 2018 is for 2014 ? The guy won the world cup and lost in first round ... how come this ever lasting effect didn't continue with all those amazing players. Baba for every tournament everything starts from beginning. Chelsea won last year it is finished, that means shit this year.
I am done though, will not continue.
Dude ivic got sacked a week before the world cup!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
You know .. I stop this right now ... because I am not in your class to start insulting people ....But my last word to you, don't bluff if you are not the man for something ... Leave, nothing will happen. Trust me.
***** jon narahat shodi!
Class ? Lol
Edited: Please do not use people's real name before checking with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
****** bazam goh ziadi bokhori mirinam behet..
Edited: Please do not use people's real name before checking with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Alan be in koskhol o 4 mesle in begi 10 ta bazikon TM ro esm bebar mige,
Taremi sardar taremi bazam taremi beiro bazam sardar beiro lol
Irani jamat harto port kam nemiare.
I have no clue about inter, your club, did you ever see me comment about? No
Chon tarjih midam chizi nagam ta kos begam

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
In koskhol khar 2 ta bazi TM ro ham sali nemibine zer zer ziadi mikone..
Baba majbori rajebe chizi ke nemidoni goh ziadi bokhori
Alan be in koskhol o 4 mesle in begi 10 ta bazikon TM ro esm bebar mige,
Taremi sardar taremi bazam taremi beiro bazam sardar beiro lol
Irani jamat harto port kam nemiare.
I have no clue about inter, your club, did you ever see me comment about? No
Chon tarjih midam chizi nagam ta kos begam
@Babr jaan, do you really think language like this is ok? come on man! I am sure you dont.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
CQ was the best thing that happened to our football. Nobody compares him with top coaches who would never take the job as Iran NT. He revolutionized the team first by creating discipline and making sure players know their role and that nobody is above the team. He got the best out of what we had. Yes we didn’t play entertaining football but got great results against giants of football. We would’ve asked for his head had we played open and attacking footbalk abd be soorakh soorakh against likes of Argentina and Spain. But it’s time to forget that (while appreciating what he did) and look to the future. Hopefully with talented players we have and a good staff (love that Bagheri and Hashemian are part of it) go the extra step and make the second round of world cup and/or win the Asian cup.

go TM!
Exactly!

I think CQ was a Godsend for Iranian football. He changed the way we play, he facilitated our players in Europe. I can't understand why people don't get this, I think there's some cognitive dissonance between how people view Iran's football team in the context of Iran as a country at the moment.

But his time is finished now.

I think we have to appreciate what he did for Iranian football, and now support his successors. But that doesn't mean not respecting how much he impacted the football and took us to another level. Some people are in a dream world where Iran is a utopia. And if even people like Azmoun, Taremi, JB, Gholizadeh and the rest say that Queiroz changed iranian football from a fundamental level, they don't see it....

Oh well, I guess namak nashnasi is in the nation's DNA, from Shah to now. Anyway it's over, let's just support Dragan

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
I can't tolerate bs,
Hala ok bashe ya nabashe be k..
well you need to respect others opinion man, just because you dont agree with something, doesnt make it BS does it? We have a forum where people are sharing their opinion, now if you dont agree with it, you can carry a CIVILIZED conversation! nothing wrong with that, but personal insult and calling people name is just wrong.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
well you need to respect others opinion man, just because you dont agree with something, doesnt make it BS does it? We have a forum where people are sharing their opinion, now if you dont agree with it, you can carry a CIVILIZED conversation! nothing wrong with that, but personal insult and calling people name is just wrong.
Zereshk...