World Cup qualifiers 2022/ Final Round/ Iran vs Syria(02-09-2021) & Iraq-Iran(06-09-2022)

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
So if he goes to world cup and goes to second round, is it all because of CQ ?
Agha we are going in circles, you read the last message "Credit when credit's due" re: Dragan and then you do a few jumps and say "all because of".

Khasteh shodam, OK queiroz did nothing, Taremi, Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun etc... are lying. The infrastructure would have been built anyway under the glory of IR and IFF. Iran's professionalism in the last two world cups were just luck.

I don't really care anyway ultimately his day is finished... Just find it strange

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Agha we are going in circles, you read the last message "Credit when credit's due" re: Dragan and then you do a few jumps and say "all because of".

Khasteh shodam, OK queiroz did nothing, Taremi, Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun etc... are lying. The infrastructure would have been built anyway under the glory of IR and IFF. Iran's professionalism in the last two world cups were just luck.

I don't really care anyway ultimately his day is finished... Just find it strange
Again I don't make a super hero out of someone. He got paid did a job. Thank you, life goes on.
Same as Inter I am so passionate about. Conte did amazing, got us championship after 11 years. Thank you. Life moves on. Now 80% of this squad will not be changed but if Inzaghi wins again, I don't consider it because of him. Sorry I am not emotional person in life.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
ultimately I look at stats.
If your job is to pay someone to do a work for you, you set a goal, if it is achieved then your investment was good otherwise it wasn't.
CQ got millions of dollars in 8 years (don't know exactly but I think he was making 2 million Euro's per year) and he got us 2 world cup qualification, one was externally difficult. Okay ... so then that is his achievement and nothing else.
I mean for god sake when was the last time Iran lost big margin ? We have always played super defensive. We were so close against Yugoslavia as well in 1998 but ultimately lost. IT IS ALWAYS CLOSE.
You were comparing 2006 branko with 2014 Carlos! Now you are opening another front with the 1998 team.
Would have been suicide to play offensive against world class teams like Argentina and Spain.
Even though we had some great chances against both...unlucky with a disallowed goal against Spain and Were denied a clear penalty against Argentina.
We had great chances against Argentina in second half Even the whole British tv studio pundits were praising us .
My point is there's no comparison with that lower branko and his management.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
You were comparing 2006 branko with 2014 Carlos! Now you are opening another front with the 1998 team.
Would have been suicide to play offensive against world class teams like Argentina and Spain.
Even though we had some great chances against both...unlucky with a disallowed goal against Spain and Were denied a clear penalty against Argentina.
We had great chances against Argentina in second half Even the whole tv studio pundits were praising us .
My point is there's no comparison with that lower branko and his management.
my argument is this Iran style is super defensive so let's start from 1998 till now, different coach's different era different players. It is always CLOSE. So if CQ does that don't say OMG, he did so amazing. In 1998, we had the worst coach ever and we lost 1-0 to Yougoslavia (CLOSE) Beat USA 2-1 (CLOSE) and lost to Germany 2-0 (VERY CLOSE). It is always close. Some teams are like this. Do you want me to mention similar team to Iran: Paraguay Always defensive, always losses close.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Shahriar
Too early to judge him. Wilmots beat syria 5 zip and played ok vs SK in friendly
We faced Syria and Iraq which had 3-4 of their mian guys injured.
We haven't even faces SK
Wilmot was awful...we played crap and lost two vital games and he didn't give a shit.
Skocic so far doing great team plays well and gets results. Selection looks good...guys like Noorafkan coming in and doing great or gholizadeh Noorolahi .
I listened to some of his interviews and I like his attitude and temperament. He has great assistants with Bagheri and Hashemian and the atmosphere looks great.
AS The English say if its not broken don't fix it!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
my argument is this Iran style is super defensive so let's start from 1998 till now, different coach's different era different players. It is always CLOSE. So if CQ does that don't say OMG, he did so amazing. In 1998, we had the worst coach ever and we lost 1-0 to Yougoslavia (CLOSE) Beat USA 2-1 (CLOSE) and lost to Germany 2-0 (VERY CLOSE). It is always close. Some teams are like this. Do you want me to mention similar team to Iran: Paraguay Always defensive, always losses close.
That 98 team was Ivic team not Talebi and those players were among the best we have ever had .

Each game has its own strategy and plan.
You can't play the same plan for Nepal and Spain.
If you do you win five nil against Nepal and lose six two against Spain!

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
my argument is this Iran style is super defensive .
What do you mean? He played different ways with different teams. We aren't Brazil or Argentina. We aren't Japan which has a dozen midfielders playing in Europe... The best midfielder in the last world up was a slightly overweight kid who is trying now to start for a mid-table team in Ukraine. We are talking about a national team which somehow has zero decent midfielders and a lot of forwards...

I don't get this whole super defensive thing. What did you guys want him to play against Spain and Portugal?

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
That 98 team was Ivic team not Talebi!

Exactly!

Again i repeat the same point, I'm not going to argue with the players themselves...

For 98 they all said it was Ivic. At the moment in interviews they are all thanking Queiroz for this team.... Who am I to argue with them?

It's not "bot parasti" just to accept something like this, is it? I mean who is Queiroz? Who was Ivic? ffs....

And I repeat, Dragan has done a great job so far and if he gets to second round then he deserves every credit.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
LOL
2021 team is 2018 CQ
1998 team is 1997 IVIC ...

So Germany 2018 is for 2014 ? The guy won the world cup and lost in first round ... how come this ever lasting effect didn't continue with all those amazing players. Baba for every tournament everything starts from beginning. Chelsea won last year it is finished, that means shit this year.
I am done though, will not continue.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
1978 World cup Iran got 1 point with 2 goals scored, Same group as Peru and Holland
- Holland went on to finish runner ups
- Peru eliminated in 2nd round

1998 Iran got 3 points and scored 2 goals, same group as Germany and Yugoslavia
- Germany eliminated in Quarter finals by Croatia
- Yugoslavia eliminated in Round of 16 by Holland

2006 Iran got 1 point with 2 goals scored, same group with Portugal and Mexico
- Portugal went on to finish 4th
- Mexico eliminated by Argentina in Round of 16

2014 Iran got 1 point, with 1 goal scored, Iran was in the same group as Argentina and Nigeria
- Argentina went on to finish runner ups
- Nigeria eliminated by France in Round of 16

2018 Iran got 4 points with 2 goals scored, same group as Spain and Portugal
- Spain was eliminated in round of 16
- Portugal was eliminated in round of 16

If we go with the performance of the teams in our group rather than their HISTORY, Iran had the easiest group in 2018 WC. Both teams (Spain and Portugal) failed to make it past Round of 16.
Of course, with football you can never compare things on paper, depends who they met, injuries etc. So take this "stat" with grain of salt.

I personally believe, we could quality out of our group in 2018 had we showed a bit more courage and attacking, I mean Morocco who we beat (some say we got lucky with the own goal) tied Spain!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
1978 World cup Iran got 1 point with 2 goals scored, Same group as Peru and Holland

2014 Iran got 1 point, with 1 goal scored, Iran was in the same group as Argentina and Nigeria

If we go with the performance of the teams in our group rather than their HISTORY, Iran had the easiest group in 2018 WC. Both teams (Spain and Portugal) failed to make it past Round of 16.
Of course, with football you can never compare things on paper, depends who they met, injuries etc. So take this "stat" with grain of salt.

I personally believe, we could quality out of our group in 2018 had we showed a bit more courage and attacking, I mean Morocco who we beat (some say we got lucky with the own goal) tied Spain!
AND ALWAYS CLOSE :D

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Loool
You need to end discussion with people who are namak nashnas and find no difference between brangoh job and cq.
Seriously.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002

Lool

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Sometime i wonder why i am back here lol
If you can't have a civl conversation then leave. Don't BS. I didn't insult you once just had a discussion with you. If you can't do it got with other namak shenas people.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Khalayegh har chi layegh.
Felan ba hamin skocic haal konid ke az, khone be khone ham ekhraj shod.
Lol

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
If you can't have a civl conversation then leave. Don't BS. I didn't insult you once just had a discussion with you. If you can't do it got with other namak shenas people.
Cuz u talk from your other hole.
U dont follow iranian football. Watch 3 wc game and comment like expert.
I dont buy bs dude
This like me commenting and bs about inter i have no clue about

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
CQ was the best thing that happened to our football. Nobody compares him with top coaches who would never take the job as Iran NT. He revolutionized the team first by creating discipline and making sure players know their role and that nobody is above the team. He got the best out of what we had. Yes we didn’t play entertaining football but got great results against giants of football. We would’ve asked for his head had we played open and attacking footbalk abd be soorakh soorakh against likes of Argentina and Spain. But it’s time to forget that (while appreciating what he did) and look to the future. Hopefully with talented players we have and a good staff (love that Bagheri and Hashemian are part of it) go the extra step and make the second round of world cup and/or win the Asian cup.

go TM!