Zaad Rooze Reza Shahe Bozorg Gerami baad

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Who ? Let’s go back 400 years to the time of Agha Mohammad khan Qajar, Dirtiest Khajeh in the history :)

Who can you name which had the same influence and made as much change as Reza Shah Kabir did ?

Amir Kabir Tried, Mosadegh started to try closer to end of his political career.

Who else do we have??
shahin jan,

What i meant was that the PEOPLE of Iran- who among them there are millions who can be even better than Reza shah- should rule the country.

In Iran likes of Reza shah have always seized the power for 20-30 years and have never left the nation rule itself.

They always think that they know the best, while among people there might millions who might know better.

Now Reza shah did great things for Iran, but this not mean that Iran does not have enough men and women like him.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
could you give me a couple of examples during the last 30 years ?
No I can not, and that is exactly what I mean. If kind of Reza shah, mohhammad Reza shah, Khomeini etc, leave the people rule the country then we might see a lot of great leaders every 4 years and if they fail, people can choose someone else.

Mar 10, 2009
No I can not, and that is exactly what I mean. If kind of Reza shah, mohhammad Reza shah, Khomeini etc, leave the people rule the country then we might see a lot of great leaders every 4 years and if they fail, people can choose someone else.
and how do you suppose they "would leave the people rule the country?".

how is this miracle supposed to be achieved ?

please keep in mind that in those countries which presently follow your methodology (which i completely agree with and think is the only way to have a government), have had many charismatic leaders and many external and internal wars prior to reaching the balanced democratic process that we are witnessing now.

Examples are France, Holland, Sweden, Germany, Japan, etc.

How do you think or what do you think should be done for this to be achieved in Iran ?

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
and how do you suppose they "would leave the people rule the country?".

how is this miracle supposed to be achieved ?

please keep in mind that in those countries which presently follow your methodology (which i completely agree with and think is the only way to have a government), have had many charismatic leaders and many external and internal wars prior to reaching the balanced democratic process that we are witnessing now.

Examples are France, Holland, Sweden, Germany, Japan, etc.

How do you think or what do you think should be done for this to be achieved in Iran ?
I don't feel like running an another argument, about how things should be archived. I made my point clear, and that is that we can have likes of Reza shahand even better than him, running the country.

If you want to make a saint out of someone in order to reach your political goals, that is your problem, but have to tell you that those times will never ever come back. And hopefully one day Iran is free from authoritarian rule and dictatorship.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
shahin jan,

What i meant was that the PEOPLE of Iran- who among them there are millions who can be even better than Reza shah- should rule the country.
Feynoord Aziz, I agree with you that we have many people CAPABLE of runing the counrty who can help Iran.

Reza Shah was not a saint and raised from the lowest sector of society. He made mistakes and no one can deny it.

Howeve, Looking at where Iran was at the end of Qajar, what the level of education of people were at that time, how much influence clergies had and ... It was simply not possible to impelement a democratic country. This is why you see him emphesizing on education of poor and ordinery people.

May 9, 2004
Who ? Let’s go back 400 years to the time of Agha Mohammad khan Qajar, Dirtiest Khajeh in the history :)

Who can you name which had the same influence and made as much change as Reza Shah Kabir did ?

Amir Kabir Tried, Mosadegh started to try closer to end of his political career.

Who else do we have??
جناب شاهین
چهار صد سال پیش شاه عباس صفوی پادشاه ایران بود نه اغا محمد خان قاجار

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
I disagree with you on this. Our country was set back by Qajar dynasty and their incompetence and their vatan foroshi and ...

Reza Shah Kabir had no choice other than being tough and hard. To cut the hand of all those Qajar Shahzadeh, all those separatists, all those Amameh besar Akhoonds, he could have not taken any other approach.

You cannot implement democratic ways in a country that was hold back in dark ages by bunch of Islamic turban head devils and dirty Qajar kings. Our people did not have the education to accept democratic ways (heck, most of them still don't). He had to first make the changes, clean the country from the hand of few rich and powerful and then as history shows, start to educate people.

Reza Shah built schools, roads, hospitals, universities and sent Iranian students to Europe to study.
He kept Iran from being torn into pieces by like Khazal and....

If it was not for Reza Shah, who knows how many more years we would have had the power in the dirty hand of Qajar and Qajar princes and what would have been left of Iran. they have already lost so much of Iran through Golestan and Torkamanchayee treaty, who knows what would have been next !!! Lets not start on their vatan foroshi and their economical treaties with Russia and UK.
No one even argues that Qaja era was disastrous.

However, off course, I agree with you REZA Shah did not have a choice in the matter and did know any other way to handle this. After all, he was a soldier with no knowledge of his own. He was also brought to power by British and he had no choice in the matter but to listen to them too. When he decided not to, he was sent to exile.

If he was any independent and open minded person, he would have started a gradual democratization process after initial curbing the dissent. However, as I said, this was far above his horizons and he could not have thought this way. Instead, he became selfish and full of himself after and too arrogant to realize his true place. Otherwise, he could have gained popular support and true power in a truly free society and allies could not dispose of him so easily with virtually no resistance from anyone.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
No one even argues that Qaja era was disastrous.

However, off course, I agree with you REZA Shah did not have a choice in the matter and did know any other way to handle this. After all, he was a soldier with no knowledge of his own. He was also brought to power by British and he had no choice in the matter but to listen to them too. When he decided not to, he was sent to exile.

If he was any independent and open minded person, he would have started a gradual democratization process after initial curbing the dissent. However, as I said, this was far above his horizons and he could not have thought this way. Instead, he became selfish and full of himself after and too arrogant to realize his true place. Otherwise, he could have gained popular support and true power in a truly free society and allies could not dispose of him so easily with virtually no resistance from anyone.
Our country was lacking many basic things such as roads, schools, hospitals, factories.
Our country was being dividd into pices by sepretist.
Our population was highly uneducated and was under religous leaders influence.

Reza Shah did what any smart leader would have done.

1) eliminate sepretist.
2) Build your country: roads, schools, hospitals and ....
3) Educate your people.

Those above in my opinion are steps toward gradual democratization of the country.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Pooya jaan, thank you for mentioning this day which was celebrated as Fathers' day in Iran prior to the Islamic revolution. Reza Shah the Great will be remembered as a patriot in history of Iran and the father of modern Iran. Iran made great advancements under his direct guidance and made a monumental leap to emerge from the incompetence and disaster of the Qajar era which lost 25% of the land to Russians due to futile mullah-instigated holy wars. He undoubtedly preserved the integrity of Iran. May he rest in peace for he will remembered well for his services.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
No one is ever perfect and one can always find excuses with him or her. One can find so many excuses with ones self. The sad thing that some find excuses for their own personal agenda. The truth of the matter is that no one can deny what Reza Shah did for Iran. Even these akhoonds can not deny the achievement that this great man made in such short time. Some keep brining up that he was brought to power by the English and then from the other side they indicate that once he went against them he was kicked out. The bottom line is that he was a self made man who did what was good for Iran when he in power. And by him turning his back on the westerners was over thrown when his own people did not put up a fight for him. For thsoe who keep saying he was brought up by the English they should do some reading on the navy and how he used the Italians as where English have always been known to rule the seas in the modern times. There is a famous piece as where he asks the transtor to thank the Italians for being there and training Iranians. Then he asks him to stop translating and says to the soldiers that these guys will always be foreigners and once we learn and stand on our own feet we will never need them again. Some should look how sheikh azal was put down by him who was in place by the english. He is he man that said this guy has been installed here for them to take our oil away. Even if brought by the english he did everything they did not want him to do. A lot think he build the train lines from north to south because of the english. But once the english records were released it was shown that they wanted the east went train lines that would of made it easier to India. This route was also being suggested by Mosadeq. This proves amongst hundreds of other things done by him that what he was doing he was doing for Iran. Change is a process. The Qajars and prior to that the he last of the Savafids were making Iran very weak. There was a spark of greatness with Nader but short lived. Reza Shah modernized Iran and saved it from separation. He freed Iranian women and most important cut the hands of the mullahs short. He had vision and was a simple man.

Last edited:

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Our country was lacking many basic things such as roads, schools, hospitals, factories.
Our country was being dividd into pices by sepretist.
Our population was highly uneducated and was under religous leaders influence.

Reza Shah did what any smart leader would have done.

1) eliminate sepretist.
2) Build your country: roads, schools, hospitals and ....
3) Educate your people.

Those above in my opinion are steps toward gradual democratization of the country.
In your opinion, yes. But many countries in 20st century have than those things you mentioned and it did not make any difference for those countries to become democratic. Examples are: Soviet Union and China. Modernization yes but democracy not. And I don't personally think that modernization is necessarily an antecedent of democracy. Many countries had democracy before they entered modern times.

Now, no one is denying what Reza Shah did for the country. But we should stop making saints out of people and saying things like that "I hope for a day that Iran will produce another great man like Reza Shah the Great and Iran will be saved". I for one hope that Iran stops producing people like Reza Shah becasue that is not even needed anymore. We need a democratic system and not an authrotatian one.

Reza Shah rose out of a chaotic situation and did great things for Iran, but we are not in that chaotic situation anymore. Hence, we dont need people like him. We have to move towards democracy now and not jump from one authoritarian rule to another.

Jul 2, 2006
خوبه اين رضا شاه بزرك بوده و با دستور يك كشتي انكليسي بيرونش كردن . اكر رضا شاه كوجك بود حتما قايق بارويي كافي بود جمع كنيد رضا شاه اين كارو كرد و رضا شاه اون كار رو كرد اكر اين رضا شاه ميتونست كاري كنه براي خودش ميكرد كه با جشم كريه نفرستنش هلوفدوني حيف اسم شاه كه روي همجين اشخاصي بزارن اونقدر ايران بدبخت بوده كه شاه مملكت اختيارش دست خودش نبوده .حالا مثلا بكو كورش بكو نادر شاه خشايارشاه ادم دلش نميسوزه اسم شاه روشون بزاره اخه اين فسقلي كه فقط زورش به جند تا عمله و كاركر بدبخت ايراني ميرسيده حيف اسم شاه . انكليش جند تا هوابيما داغون شده از جنك جهاني اول را بهش غالب كرد كفتن ارتش ايران را ساخت
اخه كدوم ارتش وقتي سرباز انكليسي تو خيابون راه ميرفت و سيلي تو كوش ايراني ميزد . كدوم ارتش رو ساخت كه نتونست جلوي يك كشتي انكليسي بايسته ونزاره بادشاه مملكتش رو بندازن زندان اب خنك بخوره .اونايي كه ميكن رضا شاه ارتش رو ساخت راه اهن ساخت نمي دونن كه راه اهن رو انكليس ساخت تا نيروهاش رو از خليج فارس بياره شمال ضد المان جون بقيه راها را المان كرفته بود

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
.اونايي كه ميكن رضا شاه ارتش رو ساخت راه اهن ساخت نمي دونن كه راه اهن رو انكليس ساخت تا نيروهاش رو از خليج فارس بياره شمال ضد المان جون بقيه راها را المان كرفته بود
It’s truly amazing to see how the supporters of the regime will not have any shame and will resort in any lie to act like they are presenting the truth. Anyone who knows a little about history knows that the Iranian railroad system was built by the aid of the Germans. You indicating the English built to? You must either be totally ignorant of history or are just a liar. Do some studying and you will find out how the English from the beginning wanted to push railway to be an east-west bound due to their interests in India. And for this and other logistical benefits Reza Shah had it built from north to south. Even up to the revolution there was a big German symbol on the roof top of the main train station in Tehran for the work they had done. I am not sure if this has been removed by your regime or not? Perhaps you can shed some light on that once you start to tell the truth.

Jan 23, 2003
خوبه اين رضا شاه بزرك بوده و با دستور يك كشتي انكليسي بيرونش كردن . اكر رضا شاه كوجك بود حتما قايق بارويي كافي بود جمع كنيد رضا شاه اين كارو كرد و رضا شاه اون كار رو كرد اكر اين رضا شاه ميتونست كاري كنه براي خودش ميكرد كه با جشم كريه نفرستنش هلوفدوني حيف اسم شاه كه روي همجين اشخاصي بزارن اونقدر ايران بدبخت بوده كه شاه مملكت اختيارش دست خودش نبوده .حالا مثلا بكو كورش بكو نادر شاه خشايارشاه ادم دلش نميسوزه اسم شاه روشون بزاره اخه اين فسقلي كه فقط زورش به جند تا عمله و كاركر بدبخت ايراني ميرسيده حيف اسم شاه . انكليش جند تا هوابيما داغون شده از جنك جهاني اول را بهش غالب كرد كفتن ارتش ايران را ساخت
اخه كدوم ارتش وقتي سرباز انكليسي تو خيابون راه ميرفت و سيلي تو كوش ايراني ميزد . كدوم ارتش رو ساخت كه نتونست جلوي يك كشتي انكليسي بايسته ونزاره بادشاه مملكتش رو بندازن زندان اب خنك بخوره .اونايي كه ميكن رضا شاه ارتش رو ساخت راه اهن ساخت نمي دونن كه راه اهن رو انكليس ساخت تا نيروهاش رو از خليج فارس بياره شمال ضد المان جون بقيه راها را المان كرفته بود
go away

May 9, 2004
جناب ممبر
اولا ساخت راه اهن در ایران از سال 1926 شروع شد
که نه جنگی بود و نه قشونی
دوم از ان راه اهن ایران را چهار کمپانی المانی و شش کمپانی دیگر که هیچکدام انگلیسی نبودند ساختند
سوم رضا شاه اگر گریه کرد به خاطر این بود که قلبش برای ایران می تپید و دوری از ایران برایش از مرگ ناگوار تر بود نه مثل من و شما که رفتیم خارج و میگوییم لنگش کن تا برگریدیم
پسر جان اگر می خواهی بیایی جوابی بدهی اول برو چند تا کتاب بخون بعدا بیا اینجوری کون پتی بپر وسط حرف ما

بله جانم

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
har chi bood, he built everything without any oil revenue and with foreigners constantly meddling in his affairs, if anything that makes what he did all the more admirable.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
...Now, no one is denying what Reza Shah did for the country. But we should stop making saints out of people and saying things like that "I hope for a day that Iran will produce another great man like Reza Shah the Great and Iran will be saved". I for one hope that Iran stops producing people like Reza Shah becasue that is not even needed anymore. We need a democratic system and not an authrotatian one. Reza Shah rose out of a chaotic situation and did great things for Iran, but we are not in that chaotic situation anymore. Hence, we dont need people like him. We have to move towards democracy now and not jump from one authoritarian rule to another.
Indeed! While we should honour the ones that served the land and the nation, we should not worship the dead. Today although there is also great chaos and dictatorship, it is of different nature, and the nation is at different level of maturity and therefore different remedies are needed. This requires a visionary nation as opposed a one visionary man, which would result in democracy as opposed a united modernized, but authoritarian rule nonetheless.

Then, the country was in the grasp of the mullahs who sacrificed all things for their own profit and longevity. The nation was steeped in superstition and every day an "Emamzadeh" would be "discovered" somewhere and the mullahs would sell its dirt and stone to the ignorant masses. The government was very incompetent and had lost so much of the land in futile holy wars which it could not fight. Under such disarray, various corners of the country were entertaining separatist movements and soon the great country of Iran would have disintegrated into many "istans".

Under such conditions, a true patriot rose to power and brought the country back together. He established a strong central rule, modernized the country, brought industry and freed women from the shackles of dogmatic Islam, one which was unfortunately to return. True that he used force, but the nation really had lost its opportunity to reform and modernize freely. He has to be judged in the context of his time and its challenges. In that respect he will be appreciated and remembered as a patriot and unifier who is the father of modern Iran. There are really few kings of whom Iran could be proud after the attacks of Arabs, Mongols and the Turks. They were few and far in between, but Reza shah is undoubtedly one of them.

Today, the challenge of Iran is different as it falls deeper and deeper into the abyss of tyranny and oppression of the religious elite. The threat is a strong multi-level intelligence apparatus, repressive ecclesiastical hierarchy which tolerates not dissent, but even open discussions and a dynamic flourishing society. Its vigilantes act with complete impunity for the rule of law and without any accountability. It reshapes itself from religious zealotry to nationalistic fervor, equally unfounded in reason and fairness, only to prolong its longevity and grasp on power. Under these conditions, almost certainly, the change must come at the grass roots to usher in freedom and justice and a fundamental and meaningful change when cruelty will be no more, just as communism vanished with no trace but a bitter memory. To achieve this, all citizens must become active agents of change and progress.