Big celebrations in tehran! Pics

Nov 29, 2002
Great stuff, the boys were both shir and yoozpalang today.

They did their country proud in a performance which has received immense international recognition and i am proud to have watched them in the stadium.

I hope all iranians enjoy themselves tonight/today

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@IDM Wow really I'm beginning to think you are just here to troll man. No need to respond back because you are blocked and you call others donkey. Are you EVER happy? I really feel sorry for you. Your sthick is getting lame I think you just say things to piss people off.You seriously need a psychological evaluation bro you say ridiculous statements to get a reaction out of people, are you really that desperate for attention? You need to get laid fast and just stop posting you don't need to respond I am not going to read your rubbish posts.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2007
Great stuff, the boys were both shir and yoozpalang today.

They did their country proud in a performance which has received immense international recognition and i am proud to have watched them in the stadium.

I hope all iranians enjoy themselves tonight/today
ah shut the hell up! no one cares what you say and you dont ever add anything but idiotic rhetorics. stop trolling here and 'get a job'!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Like I said I'm not even going to read your response because you are nothing but an attention whore seek therapy. I should know I had a year of it myself I think you really need it.

Mar 13, 2007
@IDM Wow really I'm beginning to think you are just here to troll man. No need to respond back because you are blocked and you call others donkey. Are you EVER happy? I really feel sorry for you? Your sthick is getting lame I think you just say things to piss people off.You seriously need a psychological evaluation bro you say ridiculous statements to get a reaction out of people, are you really that desperate for attention?
lol...oh i think you need an evaluation to figure out how you can be so happy because you only lost 1-0 and are the only team that has yet to score in this cup! loser like are the people who give irana loser mentality

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Man I thought I liked attention @Dr just do what I did and block this clown he just says stupid things to get a rise out of people. IDM is the type of person if everyone in the room is wearing a jersey of team X, he will wear team Y's jersey, just to piss people off not because he is a fan of team Y.
Oh and the bum is telling you get a job hell I don't have a job either but at least I can teach piano and make some money, enough to survive. That is really rich the bum is saying get a job.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
عجب مردمی داریم ما
میخواهند پارتی کنن الکی میرزن بیرون
خوب بازی کردیم ولی دیگه باخت که جشن نداره

Nov 29, 2002
عجب مردمی داریم ما
میخواهند پارتی کنن الکی میرزن بیرون
خوب بازی کردیم ولی دیگه باخت که جشن نداره
It was the performance and the pride that our players showed. lets not forget our two forwards are in the second division of a league. the heart they showed deserves celebration.

Even in the UK the papers are saying how a "minnow" like iran can play with a heart which the english team only had a fraction of.

I think the result was bad but the people of iran are more than allowed to celebrate the quality and bravery of the performance.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^When I think of minnow I think of a team like Moldova or Azerbaijan. I know Iran are not a powerhouse but they are not a minnow but still respect from the world. Does Iran qualify as a minnow? 1-1 tie against Nigeria, close loss against Argentina those are respectable results it's not like we got skunked by Nigeria 3-0 and destroyed by Argentina 5-0. Some of the giants have been playing worse than us.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It was the performance and the pride that our players showed. lets not forget our two forwards are in the second division of a league. the heart they showed deserves celebration.

Even in the UK the papers are saying how a "minnow" like iran can play with a heart which the english team only had a fraction of.

I think the result was bad but the people of iran are more than allowed to celebrate the quality and bravery of the performance.
like i said our boys gave it their all and they deserve to be commended for this.

but these are mostly after partying than supporting TM.

I just don't see any cause for a massive celebration. maybe after we beat bosnia :)

Nov 29, 2002
i agree with you to some extent but lets not forget you and I don't live there.

We don't live in that kind of repressive environment where even a small thing (a great performance in a loss against a global powerhouse) can be the best thing to happen to these people.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I know some of you guys are questioning the fans celebrating a loss and I heard it before there is no such thing as a moral loss, well yes there is in this case the scoreboard might not show it but Iran even outplayed Argentina in the 2nd half and they got very unlucky. Most people expected us to lose to Nigeria in a close game and they expected us to get blasted by Argentina and B&H. Sometimes the scoreboard doesn't reflect the game and this is one of those situations. You guys are not looking at the big picture. I was reading comments on ESPN posted by people from around the world and everyone is tipping their hat to Iran we got respect today. Also, now we set ourselves up to have a chance by game three a win against Bosnia and you are in it is as simple as that. Just my take on it. That is why the fans are celebrating they are proud and there is not much to celebrate in Iran these days so cut them a break. They don't live in some LA bubble like msot of us or some western country where life is easy. Cut them some slack guys.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
My 25 cents posted on the other thread

LETS SEE if mass celebrations in streets of Tehran cancel out the international respect we just earned couple hours ago

گر بود لفظت کج و معنيت راست
آن کجى لفظ مقبول خداست

ور بود معنى کج و لفظت نکو
آن نکويى لفظ نرزد يک تسو

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes, 1 Dislikes

Likes Zob Ahan liked this post

Dislikes Red Devil's Advocate disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sporthead View Post

Celebrations?

I dont get it. Happy that we lost or happy that we came close?
Pride is one thing but celebrating a loss is quite demented!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agreed. A cultural trait combined with the effects of suppressive mode of society imposed by the rejim.

Iranians traditionally have put tremendous amount of weight on moral victories and convinced themselves to equate it with real victory for long periods...

With the zelalat that this rejim has brought on on our daily lives, momentarily moral victories even find grander role and embrassingly cause of mass celebrations, not a proportoniate joy .

Unfortunately as typing this couldn't help but thinking about all those celebrations by poor Palestinians when they would kill 1 Israeli at the expense of 30 casualties.....................

گر بود لفظت کج و معنيت راست
آن کجى لفظ مقبول خداست

ور بود معنى کج و لفظت نکو
آن نکويى لفظ نرزد يک تسو

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like - 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes

Likes Bache Tehroon, Zob Ahan liked this post

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I know some of you guys are questioning the fans celebrating a loss and I heard it before there is no such thing as a moral loss, well yes there is in this case the scoreboard might not show it but Iran even outplayed Argentina in the 2nd half and they got very unlucky. Most people expected us to lose to Nigeria in a close game and they expected us to get blasted by Argentina and B&H. Sometimes the scoreboard doesn't reflect the game and this is one of those situations. You guys are not looking at the big picture. I was reading comments on ESPN posted by people from around the world and everyone is tipping their hat to Iran we got respect today. Also, now we set ourselves up to have a chance by game three a win against Bosnia and you are in it is as simple as that. Just my take on it. That is why the fans are celebrating they are proud and there is not much to celebrate in Iran these days so cut them a break. They don't live in some LA bubble like msot of us or some western country where life is easy. Cut them some slack guys.
You need to live in Iran to understand that this mentality is the reason for Iran being such a disappointment in most areas. Cut them some slack?! No sorry. No slack for the nation who shows up in millions to vote for the very people who kill and torture their children and celebrates the election of 'bad' over 'worse' as a moral victory every fucking 4 years. No slack at all. They need to smarten up.