OFFICIAL ISP FORUMS POLL on Next TM Coach

Next coach for TM should be...

• Total voters

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Lets call this the official lo-down on what you guys and gals think...Im tying this in with the editorial Ive written on the homepage right now.

This is a self-explanatory poll.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
I like a qualified coach who suits our style of football. A coach who wants to make a revolution in our football will backfire. In order to make a revolution in our football we want more than a team melli coach.

So my choice would be a South American (Brazilian) coach with a qualified Iranian assistant. If not Sonth American, then somone who has already worked in the region like Milan Macala.

Jan 23, 2003
Depends how the WCQ schedule is. If it is the same as last time, meaning our campaign will start in only 6-7 months then unfortunately we dont have time to have big changes and a good foreign coach to start from scratch.

I would like to see Calderon.

Jun 18, 2005
Babak have you voted? :)

I believe Iran needs a forward minded coach. There are beautiful names on that list but hey we also have to be realistic about our chances of having those coaches in Iran.

PS: No Mayeli Kohan?

kaka

Bench Warmer
Sep 28, 2005
Australia
i think luxembergo will be heaps good for iran....having said that, i highly doubt that he will even be linked with the top job for TM.
Realisticly, i think denizili will also be a good candidate since he already knows all of the IPL players.

Jun 18, 2005
Btw Denizli and Troussier, I give the edge to Troussier. I could have said luxemburgo but I am trying to be realistic.

(I was kidding about Mayeli Kohan)

Babak G

Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Havent made up my mind yet. Its between Denizli (the safe choice and most likely of the lot to be chosen), to Calderon whose no holds barred attitude and doesnt take crap from anyone views I like and Vieira who has done well with Iraq.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Why don't weever have a 'other' choice on these polls. If it's the official ISP poll then who decides who the listed candidates are.
I want neither of those.
well thats bc if there was any "Other" choice, that would get the most votes!!
cuz Iranians can never have a united say, can they?!;)

Denizli for TM would be perfect. and at the same time Simoes for our Olympic coach..that would work perfectly..both are professional coaches, not interfering in each other's job as GHN did when Simoes was youth team coach.

Simoes is perfect for long term planning, developing youth teams for future of TM,etc. and Denizli is perfect in uniting TM pyschologically, implementing attacking football, and result-oriented too.

Last edited:

Babak G

Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Calderon is currently managing Oman. Troussier has been jobless since he left Morocco's national team, or was sacked due to disagreements with the federation. Denizli is jobless. Haan is jobless but his loyalty has alot to be desired for and he doesnt usually stick around so I wouldnt ever pick him. Simoes wasnt really able to be successful with the U-23 although I will admit that constant intervention in his work didnt help...

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
I'm surprised Metsu isn't up there, although I don't know if he'll want to move to Iran. I think someone who has worked in the region would be best. Luxemburgo doesn't know what he's in for, even if he's worked in Brazil. It should be someone who is prepared and used to the things that come up. I think Calderon is the best on that list but Metsu would be my preferred. I'm surprised people want Troussier. He only takes teams so far and tactically his teams are pretty weak. Not to mention that the style of play is terrible.