2022 AFC U-23 Asian Cup

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I don't disagree that kia doesn't have coaching experience but I think the lack of success is mostly due to lack of preparation and the fact that this is a very young team.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Final Group A matches are scheduled for today at 10 pm Tashkent,Uzbekistan time.

Iran v Uzbekistan
Qatar v Turkmenistan

Uzbekistan have already won the group and advanced.

Iran will advance if they beat Uzbeks and Qatar beat Turkmenistan by not enough goal margin to make up for their -6 GD.

Turkmenistan will advance with a win or draw against Qatar regardless of Iran v Uzbeks result.

Qatar will advance if they beat Turkmenistan and Iran does not beat Uzbeks.

1-Uzbekistan: 6 points , GD +7 (group winner)
2-Turkmenistan: 3 points , GD 0
3-Iran: 1 point , GD -1
4-Qatar: 1 point , GD -6

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Australia defeated Jordan by 1-0 and won Group B. Iraq also advanced with a win over Kuwait.

If Iran can advance as Group A runner up then Iran will play against Australia in Quarter-final and our dear and much valued Elite Member @ME will be chuffed to hear the حماسه ملبورن reference over and over again. :D

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Uzbekistan U23 vs Iran U23

ترکیب تیم ملی امید مقابل ازبکستان

دروازه بان: پارسا جعفری
مدافعان: امیر جعفری (دفاع چپ)، میلاد کر، سامان فلاح، علیرضا خدایی (دفاع راست)
هافبک ها: محمد قربانی (هافبک دفاعی)، محمد خدابنده‌لو، یاسین سلمانی (کاپیتان)
وینگرها و مهاجمان: مهدی هاشمی‌نژاد(وینگر راست)، مهدی احمدی (وینگر چپ)، آریا یوسفی

برای این بازی آریا یوسفی از ابتدا در نوک خط حمله تیم ملی به میدان خواهد آمد. در بازی قبلی جواد کالمرزی مهاجم تیم ملی امید بود که در ادامه جای خود را به احمد شریعت‌زاده داد. در پست وینگر چپ هم مهدی احمدی بازیکن تیم نفت مسجد سلیمان از ابتدا به جای عرفان شهریاری بازی خواهد کرد. در خط دفاع هم می‌توان به حضور علیرضا خدایی در ترکیب اشاره کرد. با این تغییرات مهدی مهدوی‌کیا امیدوار است ایران با عبور از سد ازبکستان به جمع 8 تیم برتر مسابقات ملحق شود. صعود ازبک‌ها از گروه A قطعی شده است. این آخرین بازی دو تیم در مرحله گروهی خواهد بود.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
we can't even have a shot on target against Uzk 2nd team. completely 11 new starters for this game. vaghean bayad shashid be in team. yek sal che gohi mikhordan. yani 11 ta bazikoneh U23 dorost hesabi to Iran peyda nemishe?? mage mishe?

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
I don't disagree that kia doesn't have coaching experience but I think the lack of success is mostly due to lack of preparation and the fact that this is a very young team.
I agree with lack of experience factor.
But blame shouldn’t be just on him.
In our football history, with the exception of atabay/ dideban federation and for only for 5-6 years prior to Islamic revolt, IFF never really paid any substantial care and attention to the youth level.
they don’t even care, their driving Populist policy is to keep Supporting two Tehran I clubs at the expense of the rest of the teams that actually produce players.It seems like the whole goal is produce players for the benches of these two clubs!
This is learning curve for both players and the coaching staff.
Kia should be admired for his bravery and choosing to go with U21 in a U 23 tournament, giving playing time to the players that don’t get much in our so called “pro” league. He should also note his mistakes, identify the areas of conflict of interest and learn that the ultimate goal is
larger than his ego. He shouldn’t have excluded and punish players , specially the goalie, that were projected to be starters of this team based in his differences with the rival club coach of a different color persuasion.
And hopefully players will gain some experiences in defeat rather than being demoralized.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Losing the ball has been a trademark of this TM Omid team in this tourney.costly turnovers resulting in Qatar & Turkmenistan goals and giving Uzbeks several attacking chances in this first half.

They have also been very poor in final third.hardly any good balls into the box except for one cross that was wasted with a header straight at Uzbek keeper.

The ref has been poor with most of his mistakes going against Iran , but KIa has to order his young players to stop their whinging and play the game.