Bilesa is the God

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Could you please list the players that regularly start in the first XI? Thanks.
Last 2 line-ups
Against Bolivia:
Chile(3-4-3): Bravo-Jara,Ponce,Estrada-Millar,Fernandez,Medel,Gonzalez-Suazo,Sanchez,Beausejour

Paragay

Bravo-Jara,Ponce,Estrada-Carmona,Fernandez,Medel,Gonzalez-Suazo,Sanchez,Beausejour.

Both line-ups were extremely offensive as you can see. Mark Gonzalez plays more or less as a fullback.

He has invited Arturo Vidal back now, who was banned for disciplinary reasons. He can operate both as a left wingback, left defender and defensive midfielder. Guess he will use him against Brasil to neutralise Maicon.

I am not intimate with the team, but there are only a handful from that tournament and even less that regularly start.
8 players from the last nominated squad were at the U-20 World Cup. Add to it Mati Fernandez who just didn't make the cut for age reasons and Fabian Orellana who was injured before the tournament and 10 from 23 were from that squad. However, from those 10, 5 are starters.

To pass off the way Bielsa has improved this team is a joke.
Who did that?

Bielsa is a coach's coach. Guardiola used to visit him in Buenos Aires and watch the whole day football with him. His 3-4-3(and dislike for defensive lines with 4 defenders), his preference for players with different characteristics in each position(as an example, he doesn't play the best 11 players he got but best player on each position. If you look at his Argentina team, it was either Crespo or Batistuta, Claudio Lopez or Kily Gonzalez, Aimar or Ortega, Veron or Gustavo Lopez, Simeone or Almeyda etc.) make him one of the most interesting coaches in the world.

But, I don't get it. He is a great coach, yes. So is Wenger. So what? and yes, Chile gets Pablo Neruda, Michelle Bachelet, Manuel Pellegrini, Marcelo Bielsa, we get Ahmadinejad, Ghotbi and an alcoholic named Kranjcar.

Have you seen Chilean girls? I would prefer to work in Chile too.

But always nice to see that someone who doesn't believe in 4backs get some love.

Last edited:

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
akhe nabeghe gharn

Didnt argentina became the champ in the same tourn? so why isnt argentina national team getting the benefit of that pool of talent? doesnt this rings the bell?

Czech got 2nd in the same tour,,,have a look at where they are standing at the moment in WCQ 2010.

3 Teams ( Argentina,Czech,Chile) are 1st,2nd and 3rd in fifa U-20 and only the 3rd one is using the pool of talent and it has nothing to do with the GOD ALMIGHTY MARCELO BIELSA .
according to fooball masters in ISP.

Attachments

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
shoma nabegheye gharn hastin, na man. man faghat baladam az france football kopi konam..

Didnt argentina became the champ in the same tourn? so why isnt argentina national team getting the benefit of that pool of talent? doesnt this rings the bell?
manzoor?

Czech got 2nd in the same tour,,,have a look at where they are standing at the moment in WCQ 2010.
hala manzooret chie?

3 Teams ( Argentina,Czech,Chile) are 1st,2nd and 3rd in fifa U-20 and only the 3rd one is using the pool of talent and it has nothing to do with the GOD ALMIGHTY MARCELO BIELSA .
according to fooball masters in ISP.
ki goft it has nothing to do with Bielsa?

football master dar ISP ke shoma hastin. Man ke nistam, Niloufar ham tebghe to va kazem ham ke yek dokhtare khare az football chizi saresh nemishe, Pooya ham ke administratore.

ma koochike shoma, bandehaye biarzeshe biorze..

shoma harchi migin ghorban...

hala lotfan yekkam bishtar az Bielsa tarif konin. mikhaym yad begirim.

Bielsa chera 3-4-3 ya beghole khodesh 3-3-1-3 bazi mikone? falsafash chie? vaghean nemidoonam, mikham yad begiram.

Aug 26, 2005
Last 2 line-ups
Against Bolivia:
Check the other games, like vs Brazil and Argentina and don't exactly worry about the latest call up as IIRC there are a few new youngins.

Anyway, regardless, if a team that came 3rd in the U-20 WC is coming 2nd in qualifiers, then the team that came 1st should come 1st (by that logic).

It doesn't sound very rational does it? So even more credit should be given to Bielsa for taking good advantage of the good youth he has.

Who did that?
Niloufar and Pooya. There was no need to come in and point a stupid loss to Japan out or try to digress and get straight into excuses for Ghotbi or Iranian football.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Check the other games, like vs Brazil and Argentina and don't exactly worry about the latest call up as IIRC there are a few new youngins.

Anyway, regardless, if a team that came 3rd in the U-20 WC is coming 2nd in qualifiers, then the team that came 1st should come 1st (by that logic).
I think we are a bit running in circles here or maybe we don't understand each other.

Fact: Bielsa a great coach
Fact: Chile a stable and lovely country
Fact: Chile a country with a hugely talented generation of players between 20-26.
---------------------------------------------------------

Sum: Chile second in WCQ.

The spine of the current team is built around players from the U-20 WC. The reason is also quite simple, Chile doesn't have better players. Maybe David Pizzarro but he is banned from the national team for a hotel incident I believe, same as Luis Jimenez.

With regards to Argentina, the current team would be perfect for Bielsa to coach. But anyway, what are we talking about here actually?

Btw. that's their line-up against Argentina, where they won 1-0

And that's against Brazil where they lost 3-0 at home..

Actually, that's even more the U-20 team.

It doesn't sound very rational does it? So even more credit should be given to Bielsa for taking good advantage of the good youth he has.
According to that logic, Portugal should have 2 WCs already too. :D

Niloufar and Pooya. There was no need to come in and point a stupid loss to Japan out or try to digress and get straight into excuses for Ghotbi or Iranian football.
Well, Niloufar and Pooya are not familar with his work. Instead of posting results, maybe someone could have written about Bielsa's work and approach instead. I mean, if you sell the product bad, it's not the consumers fault that they don't buy it. It's your fault.

And sorry, if it was about a game against Denmark, then Hadi Tabatabei is the best goalkeeper in Iran's history. :D

Aug 26, 2005
I think the results should pretty much speak for themselves really. I think Sid Lowe wouldn't have convinced them, although I get your point.

I actually went through their squads round by round and in 8/14 rounds there are 3 players or less that played in the U-20 team. Although there is that chunk in the middle where 4-5 started for about 4 games. I remember watching them so I didn't think they had that many but it's clear to see that Sanchez, Suazo, Carmona, Vidal and Medel are their future.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
ghorboone in cheshme shoor..

1-2 at home at halftime against Venezuela... :D

They might still turn it around but they play absolutely horrible tonight.

Heyf ke yek "Dugna is the God" thread baz nakardi...

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
ghorboone in cheshme shoor..

1-2 at home at halftime against Venezuela... :D

cheshm shoor az maghz pook e bazi ha ke behtare.

1st of all it was a home draw 2-2.
which game were u watching?brazil-Arg or Chile-ven? omidvaram dar morede bazi aval notgh nakoni :looti:

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
I think the results should pretty much speak for themselves really. I think Sid Lowe wouldn't have convinced them, although I get your point.

I actually went through their squads round by round and in 8/14 rounds there are 3 players or less that played in the U-20 team. Although there is that chunk in the middle where 4-5 started for about 4 games. I remember watching them so I didn't think they had that many but it's clear to see that Sanchez, Suazo, Carmona, Vidal and Medel are their future.
kazem jan

u think this nabeghe have changed after few weeks forced-absence ?Ghotbi is God and macala and Luca are crap. agha leave this nabeghe alone.next francefootball is due to be out and im waiting for the latest translations.

this is the way he prefers to pop out of the crowd. even by saying efazzat about Bielsa. I guess his previous self-humiliation and his confession about that 35000 roopaeei wasnt enough.atleast have some dignity baba joon.ghierat pishkesh

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
cheshm shoor az maghz pook e bazi ha ke behtare.

1st of all it was a home draw 2-2.
which game were u watching?brazil-Arg or Chile-ven? omidvaram dar morede bazi aval notgh nakoni :looti:
1-2 at home at halftime against Venezuela... :--biggrin

tu comprendes "halftime" cabron? no?

Chile game was 1 hour later, so I could watch both. The wonder of ustream.

kazem jan

u think this nabeghe have changed after few weeks forced-absence ?Ghotbi is God and macala and Luca are crap. agha leave this nabeghe alone.next francefootball is due to be out and im waiting for the latest translations.

this is the way he prefers to pop out of the crowd. even by saying efazzat about Bielsa. I guess his previous self-humiliation and his confession about that 35000 roopaeei wasnt enough.atleast have some dignity baba joon.ghierat pishkesh
my France Football subscription ended and I realized coming on ISP and learning from you is better. I still have some open questions waiting for your answers. As you will see, I'm not involved on writing about Iranian football anymore because I was too humiliated and I only came back because, well, Michael Jordan came back, Jay-Z came back, and somehow that one thread kept bumping up and no one stepped in to fill my spot. Now anyway, like I said, I'm here to learn. So please, tell us more about Bielsa...

Bielsa chera 3-4-3 ya beghole khodesh 3-3-1-3 bazi mikone? falsafash chie? vaghean nemidoonam, mikham yad begiram.
I mean, you consider him "God" after all. Khodaro shenakhti. Begoo chera Khoda Khodast, ma ham yad begirim.

Last edited:

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
So having good players is not enough.

A little note to anyone who thought that we made it to last WC "Just because of Karimi and Kia".

There is more talent in Messi little toe than there is in whole of Paraguay, Ecuador and even Chile.

Now, both Etoo, Messi and Ronaldo might miss the WC.

Oh yeah, there is more football in Nekounam than in all of North Korea. There is more creativity in Shojaei and Khalatbary than the entire NK squad.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
So having good players is not enough.

A little note to anyone who thought that we made it to last WC "Just because of Karimi and Kia".

There is more talent in Messi little toe than there is in whole of Paraguay, Ecuador and even Chile.

Now, both Etoo, Messi and Ronaldo might miss the WC.

Oh yeah, there is more football in Nekounam than in all of North Korea. There is more creativity in Shojaei and Khalatbary than the entire NK squad.
yeah, or to people who still say "Barca is all about Messi and was before about Ronaldinho" ;)

But Eto'o and Cameroon will make it, at least the chances are better. They have LeGuen now as coach, Gabon and Togo at home and Morocco away. If they beat Togo and Gabon at home, they are through.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
yeah, or to people who still say "Barca is all about Messi and was before about Ronaldinho" ;)

But Eto'o and Cameroon will make it, at least the chances are better. They have LeGuen now as coach, Gabon and Togo at home and Morocco away. If they beat Togo and Gabon at home, they are through.
edit

Last edited:

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002

Yeah, Le Guen was a great catch.

Well, Ronaldinho and now Messi, Karimi and Kia give you that cutting edge no doubt about it but if the right structure is not there, then these players cannot perform (Ronakdinho in PSG, Messi in current Argentina, Ronaldo in Portugal).

You dont go from crusing to WC and playing decent, organised football (better defence, much better rate at offensive and defensive set pieces, team playing closer together, better stamina and not conceding cheap, important goals and the end) to losing to Bahrain and not having a clue by losing 1 or 2 supersstars.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Well, then I guess the Chilean FA were smart enough to realize that they have good players and invested in a real good coach, they could have blown everything by bringing lets say an analyzor with experience from the UCLA womens team.
no Chilean FA is smart enough that they invest more in their YOUTH Development teams, developing great local coaches, and their leagues, bc these factors build their National football team, not just changing a face of their team from Branko to GHN, Daei and Ghotbi as IFF does.

You bring in Wenger, Mourinho, Pellegrini to Iran and they'll too have hard time gaining success with current TM in short term. bc our national team players still dont know the basics of defending,passing, covering, as a 16 yrs old footballer in Chile, Spain, Uruguay,etc does. they proved it in last World Cup Finals and proved it again in WCQs.

but since we(fans, media, officials) dont give a damn about our U-17, U-19, U-21 teams and their coaches/preparations, and we put lots of hype on our below-average National team only, ofcourse we get disappointed..

When u only renovate the facade of a building that has a shattered structure, ofcourse the building eventually falls apart.. no matter how pretty the facade was at a time.

Aug 26, 2005
Because Bahrain, N.Korea and half of Asia have good youth setups right? Even Australia doesn't have a very good youth setup if you critique it properly.

Let's stop with the buzz-words and actually write something of substance for a change, eh? Which local coaches are you talking about? Which great league do they have? Do you know when one of their clubs last won the Copa Libertadores, or even runner-up? None of these facets explains their high ranking in the current qualifiers. So just stop for god's sake.

We are Iran, and we play in Asia. There were 4.5 spots up for grabs. No excuses because we were good enough. Our disappointments are there because of our administerial incompetence, our gullibility and hero-worship.

Whilst I disagree with Babak in overemphasising Branko's role, I must concede that I was wrong. I remember saying that we had plenty of domestic coaches that could have done the same job. It's become crystal clear we don't. Not that I want Branko back, but he was a step up and we should aim even higher than him.

Last edited:

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
guys, please....let's try to stay on topic.

the topic is Bilesa...sorry, Bielsa and why he is a God...sorry, the God. His philosophy, why he doesn't play traditional fullbacks, plays with 3 in the back and not 4, the criticism he faced in Argentina, which was based on them being stupid, why he never liked Riquelme etc.

Please, oh prophet of Bielsa, enlighten us. :)

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
no Chilean FA is smart enough that they invest more in their YOUTH Development teams, developing great local coaches, and their leagues, bc these factors build their National football team, not just changing a face of their team from Branko to GHN, Daei and Ghotbi as IFF does.

You bring in Wenger, Mourinho, Pellegrini to Iran and they'll too have hard time gaining success with current TM in short term. bc our national team players still dont know the basics of defending,passing, covering, as a 16 yrs old footballer in Chile, Spain, Uruguay,etc does. they proved it in last World Cup Finals and proved it again in WCQs.

but since we(fans, media, officials) dont give a damn about our U-17, U-19, U-21 teams and their coaches/preparations, and we put lots of hype on our below-average National team only, ofcourse we get disappointed..

When u only renovate the facade of a building that has a shattered structure, ofcourse the building eventually falls apart.. no matter how pretty the facade was at a time.
Not having a good youth set up on national and club level explains why a country of 75 million cannot produce a decent national team at the world stage.
It does however not explain why you give your world cup place to North Korea, lose to bahrain and cant put 3 passes in fron of the 10 man Uzbek team.

As I said before, there is more football in nekonam than the entire NK team. And there is more creativity in Shojaei and Khlatbary than Bahrain, UAE and NK combined.

Whats next, we lose to Pakistan and complain that we dont have youth academies.....