Do you agree with Skocic decision to exclude Taremi?

Do you support Skocic decision?

• Yes, Taremi should be excluded from TM.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No, Taremi should have remained.

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
S,y jan I think he meant to say Mehdi Rahmati @Payandeh Iran I don't necessary think he is not qualified to coach Iran, pending on what you are discussing. He is qualified, to qualify us for the world cup, he can do that. Then, we can pay CQ money to find our next top level coach. Skokic's calm demeanor seems to be working on the players. I think he is GODO ENOUGH to QUALIFY us for the World Cup but would I have him as our coach in Qatar. The IFF can start the search process, once they qualify.

@Ali N. Good point it is not a good look on us Iranians as professionals at all. Also,, we know who calls the shots and has the power with the IFF, the same people who have the power, with the entire country. However, that is a discussion for another day because that is turning it into something political. I think the Iranian media are expert propaganda artists as well. They can take one thing the coach said and jus replay it in loops, and edit out certain parts of the quote.

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I don't think Skocic is qualified enough to make a comment like that. Look at the guys resume, he never even succeeded in the IPL. which begs the question why did someone so unqualified become the head coach of a top Asian team. To be honest, we have Iranian coaches who are more qualified.
If Skocic is a qualified coach or not, is a separate question. But you don't need to be a qualified coach to make a statement about the state of tactics in our football. If I am not wrong, he said Iranian players, I didn't think he necessarily said Iranian TM players. Overall, watching our league should be enough to judge.

My simple question for our football experts is: if Iranian players have enviable skills and resilience, and are also tactically adept, why we never get out of our group in the word cup? Why we only advanced to the WC finals 4 times? Why the last time we went to Olympics was 46 yrs ago, won Asian cup was 46 years ago, won a continental club trophy was 25 yrs ago? Why none of the last generation players continued on to become a reputable coach in a league beyond Bangladesh?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If Skocic is a qualified coach or not, is a separate question. But you don't need to be a qualified coach to make a statement about the state of tactics in our football. If I am not wrong, he said Iranian players, I didn't think he necessarily said Iranian TM players. Overall, watching our league should be enough to judge.

My simple question for our football experts is: if Iranian players have enviable skills and resilience, and are also tactically adept, why we never get out of our group in the word cup? Why we only advanced to the WC finals 4 times? Why the last time we went to Olympics was 46 yrs ago, won Asian cup was 46 years ago, won a continental club trophy was 25 yrs ago? Why none of the last generation players continued on to become a reputable coach in a league beyond Bangladesh?
Those things are not about understanding tactics or not. It's about Iran's football infrastructure as a whole. Lack of proper youth academy, sanctions, lack of qualified leadership and many more issues which you already know.

But you have to ask yourself this: If Iranian players did not understand tactics, how come so many of them get to play for professional European clubs? How come several of our teams have reached the final of the ACL in the past 10-15 years, despite all the problems we have?

Skocic himself has reached where he is by coaching these "tactically ignorant" players.

Last edited:

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
S,y jan I think he meant to say Mehdi Rahmati @Payandeh Iran I don't necessary think he is not qualified to coach Iran, pending on what you are discussing. He is qualified, to qualify us for the world cup, he can do that. Then, we can pay CQ money to find our next top level coach. Skokic's calm demeanor seems to be working on the players. I think he is GODO ENOUGH to QUALIFY us for the World Cup but would I have him as our coach in Qatar. The IFF can start the search process, once they qualify.

@Ali N. Good point it is not a good look on us Iranians as professionals at all. Also,, we know who calls the shots and has the power with the IFF, the same people who have the power, with the entire country. However, that is a discussion for another day because that is turning it into something political. I think the Iranian media are expert propaganda artists as well. They can take one thing the coach said and jus replay it in loops, and edit out certain parts of the quote.
It also goes to back to our lack of foundation and perhaps to do with lack of culture! This problem was not a big deal a few days ago, but it could turn into one... the whole thing could have been resolved by a good management (both players, coaching staff and federation), in some European countries this simply could have turned into a non-issue! We are good at blaming others...

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Those things are not about understanding tactics or not. It's about Iran's football infrastructure as a whole. Lack of proper youth academy, sanctions, lack of qualified leadership and many more issues which you already know.

But you have to ask yourself this: If Iranian players did not understand tactics, how come so many of them get to play for professional European clubs? How come several of our teams have reached the final of the ACL in the past 10-15 years, despite all the problems we have?
Who?

Skocic himself has reached where he is by coaching these "tactically ignorant" players.

He actually said that himself: As more Iranians play their trade in Europe, this problem is improving.
The fact is a lot of our coaches are merely trainers with little formal education. You should watch locker room coaching by Ali Parvin who was our best manager up to 20 years ago. I am sure Firooz Karimi, Mehdi Rahmani, Enayati, Derakhsahn, Mayeli Kohan, Daei, Estili ... are not any better. From whom our players are going to learn?

Forget about tactics, our players sometimes don't know the basic elements. Remember how we lost to Japan in Asian cup? How can we even use tactic and Kanaanizzadegan in one sentence after that fiasco?

Did you see the picture I posted of few seconds before Korean counter attack where all 10 players of ours were jammed in the mid left of the field leaving over 80% of the field empty? Aren't these guys the same folks who play in Europe?

Unfortunately being patriotic and being reasonable are sometimes mutually exclusive.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Taremi said he would call bagheri back but he didn’t have his number. Ozr badtar az gonah
خوبه نگقت دو زاری نداشتم زنگ بزنم .
!

یارو چهل دقیقه تو باجه تلفن بود و مردم صف کشیده بودند و منتظر و شاکی، بالاخره بعد از چهل دقیقه اومد بیرون، یکی بهش گفت مرد حسابی چقدر طول دادی اینهمه آدم منتظرند، حالا کار میکنه؟
یارو گفت : آره کار میکنه فقط آفتابه نداره .!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Ali N. we are good at blaming others. we’re also good at turning nothing into something. honestly though I still don’t know if Taremi should have been kicked out but here is the thing. We could speculate but we don’t know exactly what was said between the two.
we have been hard on Taremi, why should we gove Skokic a pass? He’s coming off as vain and immature. also @Sly now that I think about it she was a coach of some third tier club in Iran. I agree with Ali Daei,” Who does he think he is?”
i’m going to say one thing about the eastern European culture which I don’t like. I see it in my family and I see it in my partners family from Bulgaria and i see it wirh Skokic. if you think Iranians are opinionated wait until yoh talk to Eastern Europeaners. Not only we can be opiniated, we xan be facist about it.
also honestly who in the hell does this 3rd tier coach think he is to be kicking Taremi out and making a unilateral decision? because told him he hurt his feelings he’s being kicked out, Skokic is coming off as a typical Slaviansky immatire and childish dooshbag.
The way I see it it’s not 100% their fault but i lost my respect for Skokic, he is feeong himself too much and is acting a bitch. Just remember that when you get into an argument with an eastern European be it a Tuk, a Serb, a Russian, a Croat, just know that they take it very personally and they can be extremely vindictive.
Talk anoit Avendera the wau Skokic is acting is as if Twremi i sulted his mother and sister. I even question some of his tactics Winnie subbed in the 89th minute I say we keep this guy for now and then we ditch him once we qualify. We don’t need a 3rd rate coach, been there done thet.

I am not pardoning Taremi 100 percent. if I were him I would’ve made a mental note of it but I would’ve kept my mouth shut. I gave an example of how I was in a similar situation and how I handled that with my coach but I did it the right way. I asked for a sit down, and an exchange of
ireas was shared. If Taremi would have taken the high road, Skokic would not have kicked him out but still pretry weak by his part. Stop acting like yoh are Pep Guardiola or a too European coach. Probably couldnt even be the coach of a club like Zagreb.

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
He actually said that himself: As more Iranians play their trade in Europe, this problem is improving.
Improving? Somebody needs to tell him, how did they go to Europe in the beginning when they "didn't know anything" about tacics?!

And someone needs to tell him, Iranian players have gone to Europe frequently since 1997. How come things haven't improve until now?

I do agree that our players lack professionalism (the Japan game) but that is different than lacking tactics. And what you point out very well about jammed players in the Korea game, could you ever see such an incident during CQ's era? This has rather a lot to do with who works with these players. You can not blame your shortcomings and lack of experience as a coach, on an imaginary weakness in our players to savd your a$$ from criticism.

As for our coaches.....I do remember once IPL went to become a, so called, professional league (which it still isn't), AFC (or was it Fifa?) required certain standards to be met. One of them was for all coaches to have a certain license in coaching. That is why old coaches like Parvin who didn't want to take the license, were offered the "sarparast" role instead. But they turned it down not to lose face and just quit being a coach. Our coaches now are far from world standard but they possess tactical knowledge to some extent. Besides, foreign coaches like Skocic himself have been teaching our players, their so called, tactics for years. So saying our players lack tactics doesn't make any sense!

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Improving? Somebody needs to tell him, how did they go to Europe in the beginning when they "didn't know anything" about tacics?!

And someone needs to tell him, Iranian players have gone to Europe frequently since 1997. How come things haven't improve until now?
No one hires our players for tactics. They hire them because they have fair skills and physical, and because they are relatively cheap. Moreover, for any success transfer you name I can name 4 players who absolutely failed, or rot on the bench. And a lot of them failed in average leagues.

I also think that things have improved with the return of first rounds of players from Europe to coaching. Best coaches of IPL IMO, Navid Kia, Nekounam, Khatibi all played in Europe. Mahdavi Kia has started a change with his youth academy, and Karim and Hashemian have clear impact on TM. Things are moving slowly along but it is a process.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
دلیل دعوت نشدن طارمی از زبان اسکوچیچ- ویدیو ورزش سه (varzesh3.com)
اسکوچیچ: تیم ملی ایران به همه تعلق دارد و متعلق به یک مربی یا بازیکن خاص نیست؛ مهدی بازیکن فوق‌العاده‌ای است و ما به او نیاز داریم اما در عین حال ارزش‌هایی هم وجود دارد که باید به آن‌ها احترام می‌گذاشتیم.
يه جورايى خودشم قاطى كرده
تو گفتى بازيكنا تاكتيك ندارن
اون گفت خيلى هم تاكتيك دارن
دقيقا كى بى احترامى كرده اينجا؟

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
يه جورايى خودشم قاطى كرده
تو گفتى بازيكنا تاكتيك ندارن
اون گفت خيلى هم تاكتيك دارن
دقيقا كى بى احترامى كرده اينجا؟
اتفاقا خیلی دیپلماتیک جواب داده و در رو به روی طارمی باز گذاشته و در عین حال گفته که ارزش‌های تیم ملی و نظم و انضباط باید حفظ بشه. ضعف تاکتیکی ما هم حرف بدی نبوده. اگر میگفت ایرانیها هم تکنیک و فیزیک عالی و هم تاکتیک عالی دارند اونوقت خبرنگاران باید میپرسیدند پس چرا تو هشت تیم اول جام جهانی هیچوقت نبودند.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
اتفاقا خیلی دیپلماتیک جواب داده و در رو به روی طارمی باز گذاشته و در عین حال گفته که ارزش‌های تیم ملی و نظم و انضباط باید حفظ بشه. ضعف تاکتیکی ما هم حرف بدی نبوده. اگر میگفت ایرانیها هم تکنیک و فیزیک عالی و هم تاکتیک عالی دارند اونوقت خبرنگاران باید میپرسیدند پس چرا تو هشت تیم اول جام جهانی هیچوقت نبودند.
پس طارمى بى احترامى كرده وقتى گفته ما تاكتيك داريم

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
پس طارمى بى احترامى كرده وقتى گفته ما تاكتيك داريم
بله، نباید اینقدر زود نتیجه گیری میکرد و جواب مربی را در فضای مجازی میداد و تیم رو به حاشیه می‌برد. وظیفه او نبود جواب بده.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think they’re both acting like immature jackasses now that I think about it plain and simple both of them are wrong in their own way. Skokic is bejnf a little Eastern European snowflake and Tareminis beinf a major deakhead.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I mentioned Azizi and Rahmati before as well @Sly I think to answer this question fairly, we need to say that BOTH of them handled the situation poorly so I will say they are both being immature. Therefore, they are both at fault.