Iranian TV series, Movies

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
From time to time I will watch Iranian programs with my folks but the problem is my English is much much stronger than my Persian/Farsi. I can understand Persian and speak it but if it is complicated or advanced Persian, I wouldn't be able to understand it so for me it is easier watching something in English. I get why people want to watch Iranian programming you want to tie something to the past I get that but for me, there are plenty of good English/American shows.

The one I really liked was the one where the guy would say ,"Darem merim zoo" then they start to dance or every time the boss comes in, 'Salam Gorban," and they bow lol that is pretty funny. I think the name of the program was Ghafveh Talk(Spelling). The boss would say, "Yek joke begam." the funny part was the joke was not funny but they would still fake laugh to kiss the bosses ass. hahaha

There was another one which I really liked and it was about this University Professor who travels back to the Qujar times and he becomes like the king's adviser. I really liked the costumes in that show and the quality was very good.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Currently watching Hame Chiz anjast , Is a good one if you're interested , Part 42 and going .....

Sam Derakhshahi is amazing
[/IMG]
It's an OSOOLGARA-sponsored terrible series targeting the subconscious of the illiterate, promoting male domination, female inferiority, modernism=corruption and religion being the answer to everything.

I don't understand how so many people fail to see how such series destroy the collective "self" of masses and strengthen the "identification with aggressor" syndrome.

It's through these series and other types of propaganda that so many seemingly "bright" minds grow numb to injustice and bullshit.

It's an OSOOLGARA-sponsored terrible series targeting the subconscious of the illiterate, promoting male domination, female inferiority, modernism=corruption and religion being the answer to everything.

I don't understand how so many people fail to see how such series destroy the collective "self" of masses and strengthen the "identification with aggressor" syndrome.

It's through these series and other types of propaganda that so many seemingly "bright" minds grow numb to injustice and bullshit.

What's new ? but I take them over those infatuated Turkish and Hispanic series at any time

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Any decent Tv series guys?
I watched Dardesarhaye Azim 1 and 2 and i liked it.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I loved Baghe Mozaffar! It was great!!! :)

You have to give it a few episodes, the real fun will begin later... :D

[video=youtube;1jLdNK55Dyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jLdNK55Dyo[/video]

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Oh Man. I had not watched an IRanian series (not film) for a long time.
since mive mamooneh.

But watching Shahrzad. I love the multi dimensional character of Bozorg Agha. They portray the mentality of an old-time khan pretty good.

I really feel like Shahrzad's character can be developed much further.

but all the men who are Bozorg Agha's assistants are truly magnificent.

Sher Nagoo Gondeh Baghali.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Oh Man. I had not watched an IRanian series (not film) for a long time.
since mive mamooneh.

But watching Shahrzad. I love the multi dimensional character of Bozorg Agha. They portray the mentality of an old-time khan pretty good.

I really feel like Shahrzad's character can be developed much further.

but all the men who are Bozorg Agha's assistants are truly magnificent.

Sher Nagoo Gondeh Baghali.
Is it on youtube? Is it good?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Shahrzad is on youtube. but sometimes it can be a pain.
and because they septn so much on it. they remove the youtube content license violation very often.

best best for all eight is to go to persianhub or iranproud.

Nov 24, 2002
I am watching Shahrzad series, not bad. The topic is around coup d'état of 28 Mordad. There are some exaggeration of course, but i like the play of Ali Nasirian, Taraneh AliDosti(Hamid AliDosti daughter), Shahab Hosseini, Mostafa Zamani,abolfazl pourarab, parinaz izadnia playing main roles in this series.It is for sure much much better than Moamaye-Shah which is a real BS.

chavooshi is a main singer with Sina Sarlak(traditional as back of voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVjdbXnsdOc

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I am watching Shahrzad series, not bad. The topic is around coup d'état of 28 Mordad. There are some exaggeration of course, but i like the play of Ali Nasirian, Taraneh AliDosti(Hamid AliDosti daughter), Shahab Hosseini, Mostafa Zamani,abolfazl pourarab, parinaz izadnia playing main roles in this series.It is for sure much much better than Moamaye-Shah which is a real BS.

chavooshi is a main singer with Sina Sarlak(traditional as back of voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVjdbXnsdOc
starting ep. 13 it is going down hill.

Oct 18, 2010
this is not a tv series but an old film.very interesting.
iran had it's own tarantino 40 years ago.
the opening scene is wicked and the music is very avant garde.
recommended.

[video=youtube;jX9AtugxCVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9AtugxCVM[/video]