Is Dr. Fouladvand dead?

navid007

Bench Warmer
Jul 23, 2005
May I ask who pays "Dr." Fooladvand's salary?

For such important figure revolutionizing a new undertanding to bring out of darkness a whole nation, why doesn't he have a biography of himself?

Do credentials have merit any longer or just the fact that he is bashing Islam is good enough for some?
good question !! i was gonna ask the same thing... i don't think just having 6 PhD's will bring you money..

Nov 7, 2005
May I ask who pays "Dr." Fooladvand's salary?

For such important figure revolutionizing a new undertanding to bring out of darkness a whole nation, why doesn't he have a biography of himself?

Do credentials have merit any longer or just the fact that he is bashing Islam is good enough for some?
Salary: Obvioulsy a part of the money that the people donate to Anjoman pays for his living. People are free to do that right? Or there is no permission for that b/c you don't agree with him?

If translation of the Quran and the translation of century's old history books (the authentic sources rather than watered down and changed versions) are bashing Islam, that says everything about Islam. That is not a reflection on Fouladvand.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Salary: Obvioulsy a part of the money that the people donate to Anjoman pays for his living. People are free to do that right? Or there is no permission for that b/c you don't agree with him?
What people donate? Moslems donate money for him to translate the Quran???
Be more specific about the "people" and their "donations".

If translation of the Quran and the translation of century's old history books (the authentic sources rather than watered down and changed versions) are bashing Islam, that says everything about Islam. That is not a reflection on Fouladvand.
We are still waiting for the biography of the new profit; not even at the point of questioning his qualifications. Just like to know who this "Dr." is and come from.

Oct 20, 2003

I think you either do not watch Fatollah Manuchehri's one man show often, or, disingenuous to say that he simply translate Quran. Based on my own observations, he is constantly curses Islam, his prophet and the holy book. Therefore, by misreprenstingthe fact you try to santize what he says and does.
There is nothing wrong with the translation of Quran, there are several version on the net by scholars of the field. To date Fatollah has not come up with anything new in terms of "his translation" that differs from the authentic translations done by professional people who have education in that field.
Based on my research of little information that exist about Fatollah Manucherhri, he was a doublor in Iranian cinama before revolution (he was the vocie of Chicho in Chicho and Franko's comedies. He had a high school diploma. After revolution, he goes to Egypt, works in a few unsuccessful movies and later surfaces in London in a one man satellite TV. It has been said that he has read the 23 years and few other Islamophobic books. What he purports to be his translation is said to be the translation of Quran by others. Even a native Arabic speaking individual can translate and interpret (tafseer) Quran (as it needs special education and knoweldge), let alone Fatollah Manuchehri never had the education, intellect and ability to translate and interpret Quran based on his background IMO.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2004
I think you either do not watch Fatollah Manuchehri's one man show often, or, disingenuous to say that he simply translate Quran. Based on my own observations, he is constantly curses Islam, his prophet and the holy book. Therefore, by misreprenstingthe fact you try to santize what he says and does.
There is nothing wrong with the translation of Quran, there are several version on the net by scholars of the field. To date Fatollah has not come up with anything new in terms of "his translation" that differs from the authentic translations done by professional people who have education in that field.
Based on my research of little information that exist about Fatollah Manucherhri, he was a doublor in Iranian cinama before revolution (he was the vocie of Chicho in Chicho and Franko's comedies. He had a high school diploma. After revolution, he goes to Egypt, works in a few unsuccessful movies and later surfaces in London in a one man satellite TV. It has been said that he has read the 23 years and few other Islamophobic books. What he purports to be his translation is said to be the translation of Quran by others. Even a native Arabic speaking individual can translate and interpret (tafseer) Quran (as it needs special education and knoweldge), let alone Fatollah Manuchehri never had the education, intellect and ability to translate and interpret Quran based on his background IMO.
Iranpaak jaan not withstanding the cartoon characters, I wanted to point out that it is not correct that special education is needed to translate and understand the Quran, per the Quran itself. Instead the one and only requirement, but a strict one, per the Quran itself is sincerety, being free of idol worship in other words belief in truth. To the extent that one is free of idol worship to that extent he will understand and benefit. If one has a prejudice an existing agenda, regardless if he has or has not a PhD in classical Arabic, then he will only add to his losses, this is a promise from God in the Quran. On the flip side if one is sincere God will make it easy for him; in particular these days langauge is increasingly irrelevant.

56:79 None can grasp it except the sincere.

The verse above, itself is a case in point.

17:82 We send down in the Quran healing and mercy for the believers. At the same time, it only increases the wickedness of the transgressors.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I would like to know how he got 6 PhDs?

Apparently, he only had a high school diploma, so he would need first 4-5 years of university for a Masters degree. Then a minimum of 3 years for a PhD, or let's even say 2...

that's about 15-18 years, plus 5 years for masters..makes it 20-23 years for 6 PhDs.

Now anyway....which person is koskhol enough to make 6 PhDs? If you have one, you go for Post-Doc, become professor or something.

Also, when someone has 6 PhDs, his name should be cited somewhere in some scholar article. You can run scholar.google.com and try to find his name....good luck.

Oct 20, 2003
Iranpaak jaan not withstanding the cartoon characters, I wanted to point out that it is not correct that special education is needed to translate and understand the Quran, per the Quran itself. Instead the one and only requirement, but a strict one, per the Quran itself is sincerety, being free of idol worship in other words belief in truth. To the extent that one is free of idol worship to that extent he will understand and benefit. If one has a prejudice an existing agenda, regardless if he has or has not a PhD in classical Arabic, then he will only add to his losses, this is a promise from God in the Quran. On the flip side if one is sincere God will make it easy for him; in particular these days langauge is increasingly irrelevant.

56:79 None can grasp it except the sincere.

The verse above, itself is a case in point.

17:82 We send down in the Quran healing and mercy for the believers. At the same time, it only increases the wickedness of the transgressors.
Dear FP, I think you do agree that there are deeper meaning than simply translating words of Quran. Tranlating word for words of Quran is an artificial understanding without knowing the reasons for the ayehs and why there were sent, or تأويلها وتفسيرها.
For example to someone who reads Quran, ناسخ ‏و منسوخ may seem contradictory at first pass and the reader my get confused.

As Molavi has said:
ما ز قران ، مغز را برداشتيم
پوست را بهر خران بگذاشتيم

Getting beyond that superficial meaning of Quran, or the real meaning ( or مغز) is not something that can come to anybody who has not spent some time studying the subject IMO. I guess you also agree there are different level of understanding of Quran that is achieved by poeple (i.e. Molavi who have spent years studying and interpreting the deeper meaning of Quran).
I am not expert in this field, but for a more in depth discussion of what I briefly wrote here, the following link provides the intricacies of involved in translation and interpretation of Quran.
http://old.tebyan.net/TebOzv.aspx?nId=4581

Nov 7, 2005
What people donate? Moslems donate money for him to translate the Quran???
Be more specific about the "people" and their "donations".

We are still waiting for the biography of the new profit; not even at the point of questioning his qualifications. Just like to know who this "Dr." is and come from.
What do you mean what people donate? If you ever watch the show, he always names the people that have donated. You think the tv runs without moneY/

Nov 7, 2005
He has never claimed to have six PHDs. These are just ridiculous claims. I have heard three from him -- history, poli sci and philosophy. Many of the courses would probably overlap anyway so it doesnt take 15 years like some try to suggest.

And you keep saying that what are his credentials... His credentials are that he is very knowledgable. Just hear him read the Shahnameh and describe it, listen to the translation and explanation of the Quran, about the history pre and post Islam. To claim he is not knoweldgeable is beyond dishonest. Dr. Ansari, that I would find very hard for you or anyone to say is not knowledgable, was on his station for over two years. If Dr. Ansari thought Fouladvand not to be genuine, you think he would be on there?

And what are you talking about him translation what others have. He translates and analyzes the Quran word by word. To say otherwise, is just ridiculous and a flat out lie and against everything that is shown on his station. And its funny that you can't get over the fact that he has chosen the name forood fouladvand and you keep mentioning a name that may or may not have been his real name. A person does have the right to change his name or is that unislamic as well???

Just b/c you do not like to hear what he has to say, does not mean that what he says is not true. At the end of the day, one does not have to be a doctor or anything to be knowledgable. And that is one thing that he is.

Oct 20, 2003
He has never claimed to have six PHDs. These are just ridiculous claims. I have heard three from him -- history, poli sci and philosophy.
So six Phds are just ridiculous claims but three Phds claim is not. Name the school from which he has earned his BS, I let claim he has three Phds.

He translates and analyzes the Quran word by word. To say otherwise, is just ridiculous and a flat out lie and against everything that is shown on his station. And its funny that you can't get over the fact that he has chosen the name forood fouladvand and you keep mentioning a name that may or may not have been his real name. A person does have the right to change his name or is that unislamic as well???
I think if there is one who is lying, it is you who denies this character's wanton cursing toward anybody who disagrees with him, and on regular basis, on TV. This character's notoriety is due to his cursing and fahashi on TV, not his translation. I hardly know of any educated and honorable person to use such language on public airways.
One must be deaf and blind not hear him cursing Islam, Muslims and everything scared to them needlessly continusly and without provcation.
His real name is Fatollah Manuchehri and that is what I am going to call him, nor would I call him IranbAn Kherdmand ;). Hala chera badet meydad az esam haghighi en bab?
Just b/c you do not like to hear what he has to say, does not mean that what he says is not true. At the end of the day, one does not have to be a doctor or anything to be knowledgable. And that is one thing that he is.
In one breath you say he has three Phds, then you say here, one does not have to be a doctor or anything to be knowledgable, is there a contradiction here?
Buddy knowledge is not genetic (nobody is born knowledeable), one has to earn it. Earning it requires education and study. I hardly think using one's voice for a character called Chicho will bring you knowledge.

Last edited:

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
What do you mean what people donate? If you ever watch the show, he always names the people that have donated. You think the tv runs without moneY/
Let me repeat my questions:

What's his biography and resume?

Where did he obtain his SIX or THREE PHDs?

WHo are his supporters and what affiliations do they have?

What's his bank account for donations and Federal Tax ID? (he may have supporters here who would want to make a donation)

What's the name of his organization and Federal records of his registration?

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
He has never claimed to have six PHDs. These are just ridiculous claims. I have heard three from him -- history, poli sci and philosophy. Many of the courses would probably overlap anyway so it doesnt take 15 years like some try to suggest.
let's say he has just 1 PhD...why is that PhD or none of his PhDs cited ANYWHERE?
In case you have a PhD, try to google your name, you will see that at some place or point your PhD is cited. For Fooladvand or Manouchehri you get NOTHING.
or did he use another name?? Maybe Chico??

Seriously...whom are you trying to fool?

Oct 20, 2003
or did he use another name?? Maybe Chico??
Agha Mahdi, one correction, he was doublor e Chicho. Chicho and Franko were Italian version of Laurel and Hardy. They were very famour in 1970s in Iran. First time I heard Fatollah, I told myself, hmm, this voice is familiar. Anyway, try to do the search with Chicho, maybe you get some hits, but I am sure they will not be Phds.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Agha Mahdi, one correction, he was doublor e Chicho. Chicho and Franko were Italian version of Laurel and Hardy. They were very famour in 1970s in Iran. First time I heard Fatollah, I told myself, hmm, this voice is familiar. Anyway, try to do the search with Chicho, maybe you get some hits, but I am sure they will not be Phds.
looool...I thought he identified himself so much with that role, that he used the name.. :)

Oct 20, 2003
فریدون راستگار تا سه نشه ، بازي نشه
...!
لس آنجلس –آمريكا « درباره ي فتح الله س​
وم »

بي هيچ ترديدي ضرب المثل هاي عاميانه ي ايران ، حاصل تجارب ساليان دراز عمر مردمان قديم بوده اند . ضرب المثل فوق الذكر يعني « تا سه نشه ، بازي نشه » هم با آن صورت ساده و لحن عاميان از عمق و غنايي عجيب برخوردار است و مصداق هاي فراواني هم داشته است .

در طول يك سال گذشته ، تلويزيون هاي لس آنجلسي شاهد ظهور دو پديده و فنومن عجيب و غريب بودند كه حيثيت و آبرو و شخصيت ايرانيان مقيم خارج از كشور را به مسخره گرفتند و از آنان چهره اي ابلهانه تصوير كردند . نخست « فتح الله منوچهري » كه خود را فرود فولادوند ناميده و ابلهاني همچون خود را فرا مي خواند كه به من پول بدهيد تا با جنبش آذرخش و تندر ايران را آزاد كنم و خود را شاه بخوانم.
فتح الله دوم هم ، فتح الله خالقي يزدي است كه در اوصاف او هم هر چه بگوييم زايد است چرا كه پس از پنجر شدن پنجاه هواپيماي اعزامي ايشان به ايران جهت رقاصي و قركمر در ميدان آزادي (شهياد سابق ) ، هم اينك با اعلام اينكه ساعت 10 صبح 26 خرداد 1383 روز موعود رقاصي است دوباره خلق الله لس آنجلس نشين را منتر خود كرده و دنيايي را به ريش خود خندانده است . فتح الله سوم هم افتخار ظهور خود را به لس آنجلسي ها بخشيد . اشكان تشكري فرزند عين الله ، با نام واقعي شناسنامه اي خود فتح الله تشكري هم از يك تلويزيون لس آنجلسي با نام بي مسماي (مردم) هر دو فتح الله را پس زد و مدعي شد كه بر اساس پيش بيني هاي يك رمال فرانسوي (نوسترا داموس) در چهار صد سال قبل ، ناجي بشريت و جهان است و او بايد پس از رهايي تمام جهان ، شاه ايران شود...! آيا ظهور سه فتح الله در يك سال اخير آن هم با اين ادعاهاي واهي و از يك شهر ( لس آنجلس) تفكر بر انگيز نيست ؟
به راستي چه برسر اپوزيسيون لس آنجلس نشين آمده كه امثال اين فتح الله ها با تحقيق و اهانت به آنان ، با چنين ادعاهايي شخصيت سياسي و اجتماعي آن را مخدوش مي كنند و در نوع مونث اين فتح الله ها امثال هاله نظري هما احسان و پروين صباحت ها نيز ظهور مي كنند و داعيه رهبري و نجات مردم ايران را دارند . به راستي اگر مردم ايران نخواهد كه به دست اين جماعت دغل كار و ديوانه آزاد شود چه كسي را بايد ببيند ؟
اشكان تشكري با نام واقعي (فتح الله) كسي است كه به دليل فعاليت پدرش در حزب توده ، در همان سال آغاز انقلاب به دليل آشنايي با فنون كاراته به عنوان محافظ شخصي كيانوري ، دبير اول حزب توده منصوب مي شود و پس از دستگيري كيانوري ، نامبرده به همراه تني چند از توده اي ها با كمك عوامل k.G.B به روسيه مي گريزد و پس از فروپاشي شوروي ، به اروپا مي آيد . مدتي را براي امرار معاش در كافه هاي درجه 3 ايراني ويولن مي نوازد و بعد خود را به امريكا مي رساند و هم اينك با ادعا ي اين كه او همان ناجي بشريت است كه نوستراداموس در كتابش پيش بيني كرده ، حضور خود را در كنار دو فتح الله ديگر اعلام كرده است و صد البته همانند دو فتح الله ديگر ادعاي آزاد كردن ايران را دارد !!
يكي نيست به اين فتح الله سوم بگويد تو كه مي تواني با يك ويولن ، در ميدان ها و ايستگاه هاي راه آهن ، نان شبت را در آوري ، چگونه است كه هوس نجات بشريت به سرت زده است . حالا دو فتح الله قبلي غلطي كرده اند تو چرا بايد خودت را قاطي اين فتح الله ها بكني ؟
به راستي چه رمزي است در اين نام فتح الله ، كه همگي در حماقت و شيادي سر آمدند اما هر سه هم ميخواهند نام واقعي خود را پنهان كنند؟
من به عنوان يك ايراني مقيم لس آنجلس ، اعلام مي كنم شرمنده ام از اين كه چنين تحفه هايي را ارمغان جامعه ي ايراني كرده ايم و از مردمان ديگر شهرها مي خواهم كه حماقت و جهل اين سه فتح الله را به پاي همشهري هاي من ننويسيد كسي چه مي داند شايد چند صباحي ديگر يك فتح الله ديگر ظهور كند و ادعا كند كه براي برپايي حكومت شاهنشاهي در كره مريخ آمده است . باور كنيد از اين اپوزيسيون لس آنجلس نشين هر چه بگوييد بر مي آيد​
. .​

Source: http://www.mehdis.com/onlynews/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19159

Jun 7, 2004
Dear FP, I think you do agree that there are deeper meaning than simply translating words of Quran. Tranlating word for words of Quran is an artificial understanding without knowing the reasons for the ayehs and why there were sent, or تأويلها وتفسيرها.
For example to someone who reads Quran, ناسخ ‏و منسوخ may seem contradictory at first pass and the reader my get confused.

As Molavi has said:
ما ز قران ، مغز را برداشتيم
پوست را بهر خران بگذاشتيم

Getting beyond that superficial meaning of Quran, or the real meaning ( or مغز) is not something that can come to anybody who has not spent some time studying the subject IMO. I guess you also agree there are different level of understanding of Quran that is achieved by poeple (i.e. Molavi who have spent years studying and interpreting the deeper meaning of Quran).
I am not expert in this field, but for a more in depth discussion of what I briefly wrote here, the following link provides the intricacies of involved in translation and interpretation of Quran.
http://old.tebyan.net/TebOzv.aspx?nId=4581
Iranpaak jaan, just to repeat: our discussion is quite different than that involving cartoon characters ;). In other words I am not trying to weaken your argument or even get in that argument; from my point of view it is such an obvious case that there is nothing to discuss nor be gained. Instead since I noted that you had repeated this point about understanding the Quran I wanted to share with you what I sincerely find to be true.

Having said that yes of course I believe and know that there are many deeper understandings to the Quran, in fact infinitely so, in exactly the same way that there are much deeper understandings to physical reality. But these deeper understandings do not supercede what is readily available to any sincere seeker. In exactly the same way that understanding quantom mechanics does not take away from the easily observable fact that hitting your head against the wall will result in your head hurting :) despite the fact that per quantom mechanics there is a possibility that your head will come out the other side.

The gating requirement specified per the Quran itself is one thing: purity from idol worship. Aghaaye Doktor is in fact a case in point of this criteria. The reason Aghaaye` Doktor only adds to his losses is that he already has an agenda before even approaching the Quran. He is already slaving for an idol. And lo and behold he only adds to his losses angrily and unhappily. And this is evident as you have pointed out in his language of fahaashi.

His problem is not lack of knowledge of Arabic or scholarly credentials. His problem is idol worship. Ta'assob is manifestation of idol worship. And the absolute majority of people on earth are plagued with idol worship, per the Quran itself, confirmed with physical observation.

On the flip side, any true seeker will understand the Quran. God will make it easy for them. It is so obvious and easy. And increasingly language is irrelevant. For example, take your own self. When you were confronted with Aghaaye` Doktor, what did you do? Did you start fahaashi back? Did you take his words as fact? Did you take the words of some other "self proclaimed teacher" (per the Quran, the only teacher of the Quran is God) as fact? No. You said, subconciously, perhaps there is truth to what he is saying; let me compare the translations of some others that is now readily available to you side by side on the internet. This is what you should exactly do per the Qurant itself; you did not have ta'assob towards Qurant itself or your traditions. And where you see a difference it is easy to look up the Arabic on the net. All in minutes without even leaving your chair.

Further, tafseer (as the word is used by almost all Islamic scholars) is rejected by the Quran itself, including any tafseer by Muhammad himself. What they do in tafseer is to come up with some deeper meaning say for a verse in page after page of words (mind you beautiful words) by relying on personal opinion and historical opinion of others. Instead the only valid examination per the Quran itself is that if you have an understanding of a given verse then you must find basis for it in other verses, cite the verses, and even so you must check that understanding for consistency against the rest of the Quran and physical reality. Personal opinions, be it Molavi's, Einsteins, or Muhammad himself, must be kept to a minimum. Credentials or even prophethood does not validate an opinion. Consistency with proof from God (aye') proven words from God or physical reality is the only criteria that validates an opinion.

This is exactly the same process that was later discovered and used with remarkable results for understanding physical reality. The reason is simple, the author of both is one and the same, the One creator and governor of the Universe.

Last edited: