Is Dr. Fouladvand dead?

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
I can't be bothered to read every single reply, but isn't he the guy that calls the Quran the "Tazinameh"?

see,

That's like calling the Talmud the kikebook, or Kwanza the nigger holiday.
Yes but for all the talk about human rights and democracy that some people make, your point doesn't matter because for them anything associated with Arabs does not qualify as relating to humans so they can be as racist and close minded as they want. It's just they are hypocrites and uneducated idiots. These people are like fanatic akhunds but they just apply their ignorance in other places. Just different sides of the same coin. I really want to know what Panjdelavaran has to say about racist terms like you pointed out and how he wants to justify that from this clown.

Nov 7, 2005
How is the name Taazi Naameh racist? Taazi is the original pre-Arab invasion Parsi word for Arabs. Naameh means book. Pointing out facts and history is not being a hypocrit or uneducated or anything the like. People are free to state their point and pointing to sources to define that point is great in a society. People should be affraid when ideas are not free to be used.

Nov 7, 2005
Why do you turn the issue around now? So you more or less admit that Ostad Fooladvand has no PhD at all, except maybe for a Pretty Huge Dick..

but anyway...you wanna know the reason why a woman's testimony is only worth the 1/2 of a man's? I really don't know...in my opinion it should be like it is with old Christians and Jews and not give it any worth at all. That's my humble opinion on it.

Btw. which faith do I believe in?? I don't think that I have mentioned ANYWHERE that I'm muslim. I could as well be buddhist, Bahai, or Jedi.
I do not follow your logic one bit that asking you a question about the Quran is an addmission about Fouladvand's degrees. And if you think that a woman's voice should not be given any voice at all, then that says a lot about you, as it does about the Quran, and what you and it think about equality. So, really, there is not much to discuss. But it's obvious that in all advanced societies and those that are the most prosperous, women are, as they should be, given a lot of value.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
How is the name Taazi Naameh racist? Taazi is the original pre-Arab invasion Parsi word for Arabs. Naameh means book. Pointing out facts and history is not being a hypocrit or uneducated or anything the like. People are free to state their point and pointing to sources to define that point is great in a society. People should be affraid when ideas are not free to be used.
People also referred to black people as colored many years ago. You go up to a black person and call him colored now and see how he reacts. I am all for freedom and ideas, even if based in total BS, but we are also free to call a clown full of BS when there is no proof for any of his credentials. And when no proof is offered, it just is more evidence that someone is full of BS.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I do not follow your logic one bit that asking you a question about the Quran is an addmission about Fouladvand's degrees. And if you think that a woman's voice should not be given any voice at all, then that says a lot about you, as it does about the Quran, and what you and it think about equality. So, really, there is not much to discuss. But it's obvious that in all advanced societies and those that are the most prosperous, women are, as they should be, given a lot of value.
Dude...are you a bit slow or??

You say Quran gives woman half of a man's voice...I say "Ghalat kard, zan hagh nadare"..which makes me more in tune with jews and christians/bible and torat. How does this have anything to do with me and the Quran?
Women are given a lot of value in advanced societies?? Is Switzerland an unadvanced nation then?? From what I know, until 30 years ago women were not allowed to vote in some cantons.

Anyway..I'm asking you again...which part of my post so far have made you believe that I'm a muslim? I have so far only rebutted Ostad Fooladvands supposed PhD degrees.

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
Thanks for the replies Panj and Sirabi :)

Obviously, Tazi is Persian for the term, "Arab" but it's use here is clearly racist.

Even if he was speaking in pure Persian, a feat which he is not capable of, he can't just name a book the "Arab book". It has a name, the Quran. Just like Iran has a name, Iran, you can't just go and call it Medeland or Parsiland because you are speaking English. You can't just go and call the Avesta or the Gathas the book of the Persians, it wouldn't make sense.

First of all, the Arabs wrote plenty of books. Not just the Quran. Why not call "The Cairo Trilogy" by Naguib Mahfouz the Tazinameh?

Secondly, the Quran isn't just for Arabs.

He rants about how awful this book is, so subsequently calling it the "Arab book" is clearly racist! It is also clear that he intends to use the Persian word for "Arab" as a racial epithet because language evolves over time and now EVERYONE calls them Arabs, in any language! In modern language, peoples tend to be referred to by terms at least similar and derived from what they refer to themselves in their own language, we can't just go and call them Tazis. Well, you are right, we can, but I say it is the wrong approach...

Arabs no longer call us "Ajam"

I am all for purifying the Persian language. I actually wish people wouldn't laugh at those who tried to say "rayaneh" instead of "computer", "sepas" instead of "merci or tashakor", "vajeh" instead of "kalameh", and even "dorood" or "roozegar nik" instead of "salam".

In another thread you'll also see that I am pro-Persian culture and for establishing an appreciation for the Pre-Islamic Persian culture as distinct from Islamic culture for the sake of not losing it/the remembrance of it...

But it's not the same here.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
People also referred to black people as colored many years ago. You go up to a black person and call him colored now and see how he reacts. I am all for freedom and ideas, even if based in total BS, but we are also free to call a clown full of BS when there is no proof for any of his credentials. And when no proof is offered, it just is more evidence that someone is full of BS.
well...they referred to them as negroes or nigger..but anyway.. ;)