Sochi Winter Olympics

Nov 24, 2002
I agree that we pretty much dominated, but it's not like it was 40-10 on the shots to say it was all Canada IMHO. Price had to make a lot of good saves too and we got lucky with that puck in the 1st period that went between his legs and just rolled past the right post. I think it was a valiant effort on the part of the Americans.
Price was good also , hope he keeps same level of performance and Canada wins gold .

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Damn, Rooskies and Norwegians got another gold. We need 2 golds to catch Norway and one gold and silver to catch Russia now, not to mention the Americans are on our arse and would jump ahead with one more gold.! :(

Today's events are:

Alpine skiing (Men's Slalom)
Biathlon (Men's relay)
Bob Sleigh (4-man)
Cross Country (Ladies' Mass Start):
Ice Hockey: Bronze medal match between USA & Finland
Snowboard (Men's Parallel Slalom - Final)
Speed skating (Ladies' Team Pursuit - semi-final): Poland beat Russia & Netherlands as expected beat Japan

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Oh boy, oh boy! 5-0 final score?! Did not see that coming. Just glad we didn't have to play Finland in the final. :)

The Russians have taken the top position as far as medal standings with just a 3 more medal events left before the closing ceremonies.

Jun 18, 2005
I also do not understand the Americans' obsession with doing Medal Counts in a way where earning 11 bronze medals would be better than winning 10 gold medals. lol. They do this shit for every Olympics and its just so dumb.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I also do not understand the Americans' obsession with doing Medal Counts in a way where earning 11 bronze medals would be better than winning 10 gold medals. lol. They do this shit for every Olympics and its just so dumb.
Why is that Dumb if a country has say twice as many medals as another country it clearly shows that the former has a much more robust athletic community.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Why is that Dumb if a country has say twice as many medals as another country it clearly shows that the former has a much more robust athletic community.
Yeah, but clearly 11 bronze are not as good as 10 golds Esi jaan.

I think they should standardize the standing based on a point system - 3 for gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Guys I saw this one coming and I knew Finland was going to hand it to the USA. Why? Because Finland was already pissed off they got knocked out and they are playing in the 3rd place game but for USA, the loss to Canada jut demoralized them you could see it on their faces the disappointment. It is hard to get up for a game after you lost in a heartbreaking fashion. Finland though had something to prove after beating Russia they were flying high but then they lost and the poor Americans were in their way so team USA felt their wrath. I never played hockey but one day for fun I would like to be a football coach. I can think like a coach and I can just think what was going through the minds of the US team vs team Finland. I might not be able to breakdown crazy hockey strategies because I only watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Olympic hockey but you can understand sports psychology.

Mar 13, 2007
US clearly doesnt care to win a bronze olympic medal, means nothing to them.

Also, lets keep it real, Gold in hockey is the only thing that counts. hockey is the only professional sport in these game and the only one that has multi million dollar athletes. I wouldnt exchange 30 golds for hockey gold and thats how all of canada feels as well (same for russia and few other countries too frankly).

in fact if canada wins the gold in men hockey tomorrwo they have won 4 outta 4 golds in the only team sports and the only professional sports in olympics.

i also thinkits absolutely ridiculous that one country can win 24 medals all in one single discipline and finish ahead of another country who has won less medals but in many more disciplines.

canada and holland have the same number of medals or something but canda has won them in 10 different sports including all professional and team sports while holland has won all theirs in just speed skating lol...! give me break

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
US clearly doesnt care to win a bronze olympic medal, means nothing to them.

Also, lets keep it real, Gold in hockey is the only thing that counts. hockey is the only professional sport in these game and the only one that has multi million dollar athletes. I wouldnt exchange 30 golds for hockey gold and thats how all of canada feels as well (same for russia and few other countries too frankly).

in fact if canada wins the gold in men hockey tomorrwo they have won 4 outta 4 golds in the only team sports and the only professional sports in olympics.

i also thinkits absolutely ridiculous that one country can win 24 medals all in one single discipline and finish ahead of another country who has won less medals but in many more disciplines.

canada and holland have the same number of medals or something but canda has won them in 10 different sports including all professional and team sports while holland has won all theirs in just speed skating lol...! give me break
well the thing is Europeans care for Olympic medal in hockey doesn't matter what it is , for them any Olympic medal is more important than Stanley cup . so as you said it was obvious Americans. didn't care today for bronze .
in other hand I couldn't be happier for Fins team after what they went through with too many injuries to key guys like Mikko Koivu, Barkov, Filppula , already this team didn't have a great offensive machine up front but they played as team , a listen that Russian team should learn and I was really happy for legend Temmu Selanne played in 6 Olympics and won 5 medals !

Mar 13, 2007
Sweden has too many injuries to key guys as well
Zets, sedin , backstrom . That leave them with not much!! Canada C team should beat them
Those guys would not make dent on the game, sure more options but outcome the same. differene between canada and the rest, there are about what 3000 pleyrs there to replace an injured star

Nov 24, 2002
Those guys would not make dent on the game, sure more options but outcome the same. differene between canada and the rest, there are about what 3000 pleyrs there to replace an injured star
Canada defense is best i ever saw ! WOW !!! PK subban of habs healthy scratch ! This guy can be top pairing in anyother teams ! Talking about depth