Sochi Winter Olympics

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Sweden beat Finland and are through to men's hockey final.
I was definitely expecting Finland to win this one.

After winning another gold today by Canadian skier we are close to snatch another one in men's curling (9-3 at the end of 8th end). Good job Canada so far. We are second in medal standing.
We jumped ahead of the Russians, Germans and Americans in medal standings, currently in 2nd place! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Our best Winter Olympics showing outside Canada and the 2nd one ever (behind Vancouver 2010)! One gold behind Norway and two medals behind the US in overall medals! :)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Both Candian Men and Women won curling that was really great.

Canadian woman hockey, wow -- Great job :D

Feb 4, 2005
I was definitely expecting Finland to win this one.
Finland goalie had to sit out due to illness. Major factor in their loss today. Hey pal I will be watching the semi at Jack Astor's at Front and University (will watch from noon to 1:30). Just in case you happen to be in that area we can meet up.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Finland goalie had to sit out due to illness. Major factor in their loss today. Hey pal I will be watching the semi at Jack Astor's at Front and University (will watch from noon to 1:30). Just in case you happen to be in that area we can meet up.
No way. I was actually going to ask if you're going down to Real Sports bar since it's pretty close to your work. Yeah, I'm heading down to Jack Astors instead. You're going for sure?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Forough Abbasi finished last (60th) in the Women's Slalom Run 1 btw and she's competing in Run 2 right now. Having said that, there were about 45 competitors that either did not start of finish the 1st run, so just the fact that she kept in the race and finished is pretty good.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
3rd period and things are not looking good for the yanks we are down 1-0 but we are playing well. Our ladies lost a heartbreaking one and really screwed the pooch by giving up a two goal lead. I too was expecting Finland to handle Sweden, especially after a convincing 3-1 win against Russia. Both USA and Canada are playing very well solid defense and good attacking just nothing is finding the net for USA.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Good game Canada we played well but you guys just played better. I am still very proud of this team they fought hard all tournament long and they can get a medal but they are going to play a tough Finland team. At least we didn't pull a Latvia and park the bus.

Nov 24, 2002
Great game by Canada dominated the game almost 40 shots, USA couldn't do anything except couple first minutes of first period, TOTAL DOMINATION

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Behrou jAn damet garm for coming all the way to downtown to watch the first two periods together. Good to see you as always.
Always GREAT to see you Nader jaan. Caught the 2nd half of the last period at home. I've got no nails left to bite for the final! :)

Both teams played well and it was a close game with lots of chances at both ends, but at the end Canada deserved to win it and defend our Gold. Hope we make it two in a row for the 1st time since 1952 in Oslo. Go Team Canada...

Final against Sweden on Sunday morning @ 7:00 a.m. EST. This one's going to be a haleem and kaleh pacheh game! ;)

The Rooskies jumped ahead of us on the medals btw - tied in golds and silvers, but with two more bronze and the Americans are tied on with us on gold. We really need that Hockey gold...

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Always GREAT to see you Nader jaan. Caught the 2nd half of the last period at home. I've got no nails left to bite for the final! :)

Both teams played well and it was a close game with lots of chances at both ends, but at the end Canada deserved to win it and defend our Gold. Hope we make it two in a row for the 1st time since 1952 in Oslo. Go Team Canada...
it wasn't a close game , it was all Canada , score doesn't reflect how Canada played , Quick was amazing and in some occasion he got lucky

Feb 4, 2005
it wasn't a close game , it was all Canada , score doesn't reflect how Canada played , Quick was amazing and in some occasion he got lucky
You didn't catch the main part of Behrou's post: It was great to see me. You ignored the important part and commented on the second?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I agree that we pretty much dominated, but it's not like it was 40-10 on the shots to say it was all Canada IMHO. Price had to make a lot of good saves too and we got lucky with that puck in the 1st period that went between his legs and just rolled past the right post. I think it was a valiant effort on the part of the Americans.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
It was an excellent game in the best traditions of NHL. some great goal tending action on both ends. Canada figured out how to stop USA goal machine. Carey Price was solid and enjoyed disciplined defending by Canada and some great penalty kills by Canada.

Mar 13, 2007
fantasic game, a flawless and super professional performance from Canada against tournaments best team. they skated better, defended better, looked better conditioned and played smarter. They looked like they had a couple of gear extra in there as well.