Do you agree with Skocic decision to exclude Taremi?

Do you support Skocic decision?

• Yes, Taremi should be excluded from TM.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No, Taremi should have remained.

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Taremi is a dickhead 🙄.
Needs to grow up and be more responsible .
Fame and fortune has gone into his head.
He needs to remember millions of kids are looking up to him and team melli, one of the very few things they can look forward...

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Sly jan I agree with Ogah jan If he would have criticized the tactics or strategy, I would have understood. He is brining the player perspective but he did not do that, he threw his coach under the bus, while on media. There is a right way to handle things and a wrong way. I had many teachers in music, education and in sports and I was not always happy with their instructions or methods. They appreciated the fact that I would request a meeting, and talk to them behind closed doors. For example, when we got a new good defensive coordinator from another school, he tried to duplicate the same defense.
I told him, "Sir: you guys have different athletes at that school, they are slightly faster than us, we are slightly bigger, can't run a 3-4 we don't have the speed at Line Backer, we need to run a 4-3 and not blitz, use our strength and run man." He said, "The fact that you did not go to the newspapers, you came to me and requested a meeting, i will consider your recommendations. GUESS WHAT, he accepted my ideas.

See he was a black coach and his team was black. I did not go racist or say something like , "You can't coach fast balck athletes the same way you coach big and strong white athletes." He got that was kind of where I was going with it though and we ended up having an undefeated season. If I would have gone to back then My Space and I would have called my coach, "A moron who doesn't know what a football is filled with,' I would have probably been kicked off the team, and rightfully so.
Bro don't start. No high school coach is concerned about a student talking to the newspapers about tactics. No newspaper would even care about it.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with my Man Tehol this is speculation, we don’t know what Raremi said but what we know is the common underlying theme. Taremi said, it is always HIM. I really think this guy just loves to hear the sound of his voice and thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. He isn the Aaron Rodgers of Iran football. And Og jan yep he is a dickhead and he needs to mature and humble up. my guess is what he said it wasn’t too horrible but it was kind of like this was the last straw that broke the Croatian camels back.

Also, this is a classic example of, when a player pokes the bear too much, eventually, the bear will eat you. You might be able to get away with it once or twice but your luck will run out, at some point. This is not uncommon, I remember CQ did this with Rahmati when he was being a dooshbag. I mean Taremi was twisting Skokic's arm and basically saying, 'So what are you going to do about it?"

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
Have you guys considered setting up your own forum with some of the long-suffering staff of sister site, obviously whilst still posting here the same amount?

I'm sure our half-Austrian friend there would quickly jump ship if there were something different offered, I think people are tired of the covid-denying, flat-earth stuff and insulting members who are working tirelessly to stop disease whilst sitting on a fat ass behind a computer in LA. "I work in the medical field" LOOOOL

Last edited:

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
I think there is more in to it than it appears on surface.
I’m suspicious of the role that IRI media has played in this :
- interview by coach that allegedly was not translated correctly or at least the translation did not portray the intent
- tweet by Taremi , which was not interpreted correctly or at least we were led to believe “ اشكال در جاى دگر" Means coach
- false news By Khabar varzeshi that Taremi did not answer calls of coaches, a news that was later denied By same Khabarovsk varzeshi

Not sure at all if this was actually and willingly coach’s call

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Taremi single handedly took TM into infighting for no reason. The more I read, the more it appears his ego and stupidity play in big role in this.
No wonder the egocentric players like Khodadad and Daei are among the ones who support him.

What Skocic said was not condescending and there was truth in it. Personally I think Skocic actually exaggerated Iranian players' "enviable" individual skills and resilience, and he was right about their difficulty with adopting to the tactics. Even the best tactical games we played were all without versality. I mean our best games were when we parked the boss and defended for 90 min, and relied on counters, free kicks and corners.

I think what Skocic left behind saying about Iranian players is how immature they are.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Taremi single handedly took TM into infighting for no reason. The more I read, the more it appears his ego and stupidity play in big role in this.
No wonder the egocentric players like Khodadad and Daei are among the ones who support him.

What Skocic said was not condescending and there was truth in it. Personally I think Skocic actually exaggerated Iranian players' "enviable" individual skills and resilience, and he was right about their difficulty with adopting to the tactics. Even the best tactical games we played were all without versality. I mean our best games were when we parked the boss and defended for 90 min, and relied on counters, free kicks and corners.

I think what Skocic left behind saying about Iranian players is how immature they are.
I don't think Skocic is qualified enough to make a comment like that. Look at the guys resume, he never even succeeded in the IPL. which begs the question why did someone so unqualified become the head coach of a top Asian team. To be honest, we have Iranian coaches who are more qualified.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I don't think Skocic is qualified enough to make a comment like that. Look at the guys resume, he never even succeeded in the IPL. which begs the question why did someone so unqualified become the head coach of a top Asian team. To be honest, we have Iranian coaches who are more qualified.
I agree he should’ve said it in better terms or not said it at all but regardless he is the coach and if Taremi’s comments weren’t toward him then Mehdi should have clarified it or talked to him or Bsgheri and get it done. IMO specially after what Karim snd Mehdi said the retard is 100% at fault. Hope someone gets in the middle and sort it out very soon.
I also agree with you on the coach not qualified for TM

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Payandeh Iran Why is Skokic not qualified to make that comment? first of all I think he’s pretty spot on but what is it he also a coach in the Iranian professional league? This is not
his first rodeo in Iran. and I think what he said is pretty spot on there’s a lot of individual talent but the problem is that they don’t have the funding and the resources, as their neighbor Arab counter parts. I was in Abu Dhabi and Dubai you should see how beautiful their stadiums are. It is las if Picasso designed it.
The Iranian pro league is a long way away from competing with the top J league, KSA or IAE leagues because they don’t have the same resources. Also he is the head coach of the national team and coached Iranian clubs, i think that makes him more qualified than us to give his assessment on the IPl.
also you can’t really compare Iran to Croatia because. well Croatia was not even a country until 1994 their population is 4,000,000 to our 80,000 but they made two Semi Foal appearance and a WF finals. Not bad for a country with a population of less than 5,000,000.
when did Davo Suker put the ball in the back of the net vs Germany in 98, more people in the streets of Zagreb were celebrating; than when they got their independence, from back then Yugoslavia. so just keep that in mind when you’re comparing and contrasting Iran football to Croatia. They have a better league; youth football, resources and stadiums. comparing Croatia Harvatska to Iran floorball is like comparing night to day.
If Skokic just arrived in Iran a few months ago, I would have agreed with you but since this is his second stint in Iran, one with a club team, now with the naitonal team, I think he has a good understanding and grasp, of where Iran football both on a club and national team level is. He also didn't blast us and said there is a ton of individual talent and they are improving. What do you expect him to say, the IPL is as goo das the EPL, Bundesliga, Sirea A or La Liga or even the Croatian league? If ANYONE is qualified to make a statement on Iranian club football or the national team, it should be a head coach who has experience with Iranian clubs and the national team. Just saying, he is not some team melli fan, giving his comments on the internet, he should be given a little bit of latitude or clout on that.

Last edited:

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
@Payandeh Iran Why is Skokic not qualified to make that comment? first of all I think he’s pretty spot on but what is it he also a coach in the Iranian professional league? This is not
his first rodeo in Iran. and I think what he said is pretty spot on there’s a lot of individual talent but the problem is that they don’t have the funding and the resources, as their neighbor Arab counter parts. I was in Abu Dhabi and Dubai you should see how beautiful their stadiums are. It is las if Picasso designed it.
The Iranian pro league is a long way away from competing with the top J league, KSA or IAE leagues because they don’t have the same resources. Also he is the head coach of the national team and coached Iranian clubs, i think that makes him more qualified than us to give his assessment on the IPl.
also you can’t really compare Iran to Croatia because. well Croatia was not even a country until 1994 their population is 4,000,000 to our 80,000 but they made two Semi Foal appearance and a WF finals. Not bad for a country with a population of less than 5,000,000.
when did Davo Suker put the ball in the back of the net vs Germany in 98, more people in the streets of Zagreb were celebrating; than when they got their independence, from back then Yugoslavia. so just keep that in mind when you’re comparing and contrasting Iran football to Croatia. They have a better league; youth football, resources and stadiums. comparing Croatia Harvatska to Iran floorball is like comparing night to day.
If Skokic just arrived in Iran a few months ago, I would have agreed with you but since this is his second stint in Iran, one with a club team, now with the naitonal team, I think he has a good understanding and grasp, of where Iran football both on a club and national team level is. He also didn't blast us and said there is a ton of individual talent and they are improving. What do you expect him to say, the IPL is as goo das the EPL, Bundesliga, Sirea A or La Liga or even the Croatian league? If ANYONE is qualified to make a statement on Iranian club football or the national team, it should be a head coach who has experience with Iranian clubs and the national team. Just saying, he is not some team melli fan, giving his comments on the internet, he should be given a little bit of latitude or clout on that.
I didn’t say he’s not qualified to say it. I said he’s not qualified to be the coach of TM. Unfortunately we may not have a better option though. About his remarks i said he shouldn’t have made those. I wouldn’t publicly reveal my own team or players problems. Instead i try to fix them

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Doesn't matter who said what, this whole thing taken this far up to now shows how our TM is being run! Unfortunately this proves that we are our own worst enemies... our adversaries must be thinking we don't have to strategize, they will do it to themselves... just a matter of time!
Unfortunately we never learn and keep repeating mistakes over and over...