Sochi Winter Olympics

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Finally! Canada 2 - Latvia 1

One missed chance after another and Canada was robbed of a penalty shot, but we finally score a power play goal with 4 seconds on the power play clock! :)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
What a game. Full time quarter final results:

Sweden 5 - Slovenia 0
Finland 3 - Russia 1
Canada 2 - Latvia 1
USA 5 - Czech Republic 2

So, the semi-finals will be on Friday:

Sweden vs. Finland
Canada vs. USA

Mar 13, 2007
should be canada-US final. US look the strongest team but i think this win this way was good for canada. I think Us is gonna come after canada big time and canada will put it away 3-2 again with crosby scoring another fluke goal (he is due he has done nothing).

Feb 4, 2005
should be canada-US final. US look the strongest team but i think this win this way was good for canada. I think Us is gonna come after canada big time and canada will put it away 3-2 again with crosby scoring another fluke goal (he is due he has done nothing).
Canada will have an easier task against US than they did today. US plays a more open and attacking style rathaer than Latvia that defended all throughout the game (parked the bus if you may). Looking forward to the game on Friday.

Nov 24, 2002
Canada will have an easier task against US tahn they did today. US plays a more open and attacking style rathaer than Latvia that defended all throughout the game (parked the bus if you may). Looking forward to the game on Friday.
US is a team that play with most cohesion, also on paper Canada has by far strongest team . imagine PK subban is Canada no8 DM and doesn't even play! LOL! He can be a stop 4 in any Olympic team in this tournament ,same az Canada attack line

Nov 24, 2002
Russia loses to finns at home! lol. Is that the promise putin made 4 years ago to avenge russia's 6-0 loss to canada?!

by the way i didnt follow all the conversation here but Hockey is more popular than soccer in many countries in at least 15 major countries including US, Russia, Canada, Sweden,....
Russia had no defense also starting Varlamov avec Babrovsky was one weird decision !

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Are you serious? Everyone here is canadian! Not that i have a problem as its a great country but compared to 15 years ago the dynamic of ISP has definitely changed
That is cool I like Canada I stayed with a buddy in Calgary for a few months(during the winter time lol) I like the cold for some reason. Anyways speaking of Canada looks like we are going to have a killer semi final Canada V USA. I am not surprised Finland beat Russia they always have a strong team but now we know that the Russians are not that great. Before the Olympics started I picked Canada to win but USA has a chance.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Canada will have an easier task against US tahn they did today. US plays a more open and attacking style rathaer than Latvia that defended all throughout the game (parked the bus if you may). Looking forward to the game on Friday.
That is what worries me our style is tailor made for Canada but you just never know in hockey. I didn't think the USA would make it this far so I'm pleasantly surprised. Oh and Chezh yourself before you wreck yourself. USA was impressive against a good team.

Mar 13, 2007
US is a team that play with most cohesion, also on paper Canada has by far strongest team . imagine PK subban is Canada no8 DM and doesn't even play! LOL! He can be a stop 4 in any Olympic team in this tournament ,same az Canada attack line
but thats always given with canada hockey. Its the only country that could field 4 solid hockey teams any time with all 4 of them competing for gold. Dont forget 55% of NHLers are still canadians. But US is closing on this. they now makeup close to 25% of NHLers and in the next 20 years they may even take over!

Nov 24, 2002
but thats always given with canada hockey. Its the only country that could field 4 solid hockey teams any time with all 4 of them competing for gold. Dont forget 55% of NHLers are still canadians. But US is closing on this. they now makeup close to 25% of NHLers and in the next 20 years they may even take over!
is simple ,many NHLers come through USA university program ,(like university of Michigan ), USA collegial hockey program pays your school ,so knowing how expensive school is in USA more players want play hockey this is first reason and teams are not affaird to draft boys from USA high school program either , Minnesota has one hell of program in development department so if you are not first two round picks , players can continue their education in American universities while drafted and get a degree , if you made it to NHL fine otherwise at least you get a degree you can work with , while it is not same in Canada , universities program bring close to zero players to NHL and most young kids goes through Canadian junior hockey program to get ready to play in NHL ( once drafted or not ) the sad part is many many of these kids (not drafted)don't make it to NHL and fail to even finish their high school !

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I'm much more nervous about the game tomorrow than most of you guys. Canada has a great team yes, but if the Latvia game proved anything, it was that nothing can be taken for granted at this stage - that game could easily have gone Latvia's way with a lucky bounce.

Don't forget, the 4 semi-finalists this time have each won either a gold or a silver medal in the last two Olympics (1st time in Olympic history that has happened), showing that the gap at the top is closing fast and they're all excellent teams and capable of winning it.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Holy shit, what a final 3 minutes in the Canada-US women's game! Tied 2-2 now going to overtime. It was 2-0 for the US with 3 minutes to go, a deflection goal followed by a crazy move by Spooner and a freak accident with the lines woman that led to an American shot hitting the post of the empty Canadian net - then a tying goal! Crazy shit!