Tokyo 2020

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Hi comrads, I'm back from the Olympics. What an incredible trip this has been. I first flew into southeast Asia and met with with some of my old army buddies. One of them comes from a military family and his dad served in Nam (that's what us military folks call Vietnam). As we were talking and reminiscing about the past he brought up the fact that iwhile serving in Nam his dad got injured and after returning from Nam he was given a purple heart medal. After his dad passed away he inherited his dad's purple heart. He then turned to me and said, "You served us so well but you never received the recognition that you deserved. So I want you to have this as a token of appreciation from every member of the US armed forces." And with that he took out the medal and put it around my neck. In Japan my friend Riozo picked me up and I stayed at his house. His wife Oshin was a tremendous cook and whipped up some exotic Japanese meals. For the women's Final we were in the VIP box and given that in Japanese I am only moderately fluent it was a struggle trying to keep a conversation until I bumped into a guy who spoke English and his name was Mike the Ladies Man. I originally thought he had that name because he was a player but after speaking to him I realized he had received that nickname as he was the caretaker of the US women's national team. So we chatted a bit and asked what could be done to help the status of women's soccer in Iran. We had some suggestions but for most of them the biggest obstacle were the sanctions although we did come up with two good solutions. The first was he said he would try to arrange a match between the US and Iran's women's team in the next 15 years. The other one was in order to increase more exposure for the team he would rename one of the US training facilities to The Ghasem Soleimani training facility. It was good to see Canada win the final as the team is very close with the US team. Afterwards Mike asked me if I wanted to talk to some of the US players and I said yes. So we facetimed Megan Rapinoe first. She has a very crazy personality and was fun to talk to although when the topic of Olympic soccer was brought up she got very emotional and broke down crying because of their disappointing third place finish. I realized this was my time to step up and so I told her "As a member of the military we make sacrifices every day but that is not to say you haven't done the same for your country." I then pulled out the purple heart medal and said "You deserve this more than me". I left the medal with Mike for him to give to her the next time they meet. We them facetimed with Carly LLoyd. She was also very fun and kinda flirtatious and by the end of the conversation I was calling her Car-car. As it turns out she doesn't live too far from me and by the end of the call she gave me her number and invited me over for a pool party and barbeque which I hope is going where i think it is! The following day we watched the men's Final and I was routing for Brazil and assumed most everyone else was too. I was happy when Brazil scored but surprised at how many cheered in the VIP box when Spain tied it. I had flashbacks to the 1988 Olympic Final (for which I was also present) when the Soviet Union came back from a goal down to beat Brazil but thankfully Brazil won. After the game I facetimed my half brother Robbie in Italy and we exchanged thoughts on the game. He said he was making preparations for Italy's next matches and I gave him some tips and wished him luck.

All in all it was a great trip although I had one more piece of business before returning to the US. I am so excited that I finally purchased my first town house in Japan. It is a nice 2000 square foot town home in Tokyo. I got a steal for the price because I work in real estate and know the good deals. I bought it for $570,000 and the owners are total idiots. They probably spent a good $30,000 on remodeling the kitchen and the house is worth at least $700,000. It's nice the place has three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, and the two rooms upstairs has built in bathrooms IN THE ROOM. I like that feature it gives you a lot more privacy.
To help with the monthly payments I already have a friend who is going to pay $1,000 a month for ONE ROOM. I already have three rooms, so I can use one room when I visit Japan as my personal office/gym area, and I would also have the Master bedroom which is very nice. The first thing I am going to do is install some marble to make it look nice. I found a good deal with the help of Riozo $4 a square foot, and it is beautiful Italian cream color marble. Normally a marble like this would set you back $8 a sq ft. Oh the home is also somewhat new built in 1980, but the house inspector said that the house is in EXCELLENT condition.

Nov 24, 2002
Hi comrads, I'm back from the Olympics. What an incredible trip this has been. I first flew into southeast Asia and met with with some of my old army buddies. One of them comes from a military family and his dad served in Nam (that's what us military folks call Vietnam). As we were talking and reminiscing about the past he brought up the fact that iwhile serving in Nam his dad got injured and after returning from Nam he was given a purple heart medal. After his dad passed away he inherited his dad's purple heart. He then turned to me and said, "You served us so well but you never received the recognition that you deserved. So I want you to have this as a token of appreciation from every member of the US armed forces." And with that he took out the medal and put it around my neck. In Japan my friend Riozo picked me up and I stayed at his house. His wife Oshin was a tremendous cook and whipped up some exotic Japanese meals. For the women's Final we were in the VIP box and given that in Japanese I am only moderately fluent it was a struggle trying to keep a conversation until I bumped into a guy who spoke English and his name was Mike the Ladies Man. I originally thought he had that name because he was a player but after speaking to him I realized he had received that nickname as he was the caretaker of the US women's national team. So we chatted a bit and asked what could be done to help the status of women's soccer in Iran. We had some suggestions but for most of them the biggest obstacle were the sanctions although we did come up with two good solutions. The first was he said he would try to arrange a match between the US and Iran's women's team in the next 15 years. The other one was in order to increase more exposure for the team he would rename one of the US training facilities to The Ghasem Soleimani training facility. It was good to see Canada win the final as the team is very close with the US team. Afterwards Mike asked me if I wanted to talk to some of the US players and I said yes. So we facetimed Megan Rapinoe first. She has a very crazy personality and was fun to talk to although when the topic of Olympic soccer was brought up she got very emotional and broke down crying because of their disappointing third place finish. I realized this was my time to step up and so I told her "As a member of the military we make sacrifices every day but that is not to say you haven't done the same for your country." I then pulled out the purple heart medal and said "You deserve this more than me". I left the medal with Mike for him to give to her the next time they meet. We them facetimed with Carly LLoyd. She was also very fun and kinda flirtatious and by the end of the conversation I was calling her Car-car. As it turns out she doesn't live too far from me and by the end of the call she gave me her number and invited me over for a pool party and barbeque which I hope is going where i think it is! The following day we watched the men's Final and I was routing for Brazil and assumed most everyone else was too. I was happy when Brazil scored but surprised at how many cheered in the VIP box when Spain tied it. I had flashbacks to the 1988 Olympic Final (for which I was also present) when the Soviet Union came back from a goal down to beat Brazil but thankfully Brazil won. After the game I facetimed my half brother Robbie in Italy and we exchanged thoughts on the game. He said he was making preparations for Italy's next matches and I gave him some tips and wished him luck.

All in all it was a great trip although I had one more piece of business before returning to the US. I am so excited that I finally purchased my first town house in Japan. It is a nice 2000 square foot town home in Tokyo. I got a steal for the price because I work in real estate and know the good deals. I bought it for $570,000 and the owners are total idiots. They probably spent a good $30,000 on remodeling the kitchen and the house is worth at least $700,000. It's nice the place has three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, and the two rooms upstairs has built in bathrooms IN THE ROOM. I like that feature it gives you a lot more privacy.
To help with the monthly payments I already have a friend who is going to pay $1,000 a month for ONE ROOM. I already have three rooms, so I can use one room when I visit Japan as my personal office/gym area, and I would also have the Master bedroom which is very nice. The first thing I am going to do is install some marble to make it look nice. I found a good deal with the help of Riozo $4 a square foot, and it is beautiful Italian cream color marble. Normally a marble like this would set you back $8 a sq ft. Oh the home is also somewhat new built in 1980, but the house inspector said that the house is in EXCELLENT condition.
Amou jan, i guess you are better off posting in ridan ro shombol general thread.

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Amou jan, i guess you are better off posting in ridan ro shombol general thread.
Even though you were rude to me but I will be a gentleman and invite you to my town house in Japan. You are welcome to come by even when I am not personally there as it has much extra room. I won't be able to personally tend to you but my 7 half Japanese half black maids will be given the necessary instructions.